Author Topic: Penny  (Read 8135 times)

Offline dragonflyk

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Penny
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2008, 12:50:07 PM »
Back to Penny...is it possible that if there are time distortions related to the island, that Charlie picked up a transmission of Penny that came from a point BEFORE the boat mission people were hired?

In other words, when Charlie hooked up with Penny, she had not yet been involved in the mission yet but became involved due to that conversation. What if Widmore is behind all this (we know Penny has some inside info for sure because of the season II finale)...what if Penny puts 2 + 2 together based pm talking to Charlie (timeline: pre-boat launch) and manages to to somehow get herself involved (maybe she knows Naomi somehow). The main mission might be to get Ben...but perhaps Naomi had a secondary secret mission to find Des for Penny.

I mean, she DID have Desmond's picture and she knew who he was. I just get the impression that Naomi really isn't a bad person.

I REALLY like this...but at the same time, I believe someone made mention of how could Daniel and Regina speak in "real time" even with the time delay?

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2008, 12:52:33 PM »
When Des asks do you know Penny Widmore? It took frank and Dan a second to think if they should tell Des. But des only asked, " Do you know Penny Widmore?" Seeing how its not exactly the Widmore that they are looking for it was easy for Frank to lie and say no. If Des would have asked the smart question I think frank would have fessed up to who sent them to the island.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2008, 01:02:38 PM »
I think that they recognized the name Widmore.  When Desmond said "Penelope Widmore" - Dan and the Pilot exchanged a look and then said they didn't know of her.  But I'm betting they do know a Widmore.

About the Widmores, .. did anyone read Gary Troups : Bad Twin ? ..
I did, but it wasn't about the "real" Widmore family (Charles/ Penny).  It was fictionalized fiction. :D

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2008, 05:39:32 PM »
Regina Goodspeed

Oooh... LB, is that Regina's full name? Or is it just a guess? Intriguing either way.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2008, 05:45:26 PM »
Regina Goodspeed

Oooh... LB, is that Regina's full name? Or is it just a guess? Intriguing either way.
complete guess (remember, i'm going spoiler free!).  i just checked character names for R. G. and couldn't find any, but i ran accross Goodspeed.  figured, put the two together.  could it really be the daughter of Horace and Olivia?  I have no idea, just a random guess.  (but if it's true, I'll take credit for it!)

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2008, 06:38:06 PM »
If true then the credit will be well deserved!!

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2008, 07:06:53 PM »
I took it as them reconizing the last name Widmore and not it being Penny.
Des specificly asks, "Do you know Penny Widmore?"
Frank and dan look at each other with a puzzled look as if to answer.
Des restates, " Do you know Penny Widmore and don't lie."
Well des only asked "if" they knew Penny, not do you know "the" Widmore" her father. So frank just looks at Des and says "No"
If Des asked specificly about Widmore I am sure Frank and dan would have spoke up.

Offline jumbotron

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2008, 09:40:20 PM »
I think that they recognized the name Widmore.  When Desmond said "Penelope Widmore" - Dan and the Pilot exchanged a look and then said they didn't know of her.  But I'm betting they do know a Widmore.

I did, but it wasn't about the "real" Widmore family (Charles/ Penny).  It was fictionalized fiction. :D

I read it too... Widmores in Bad Twin were American.  There were some vague references to Lost (Cindy the flight attendant and Gary Troupe for example), but I don't think any of it can be considered canon.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2008, 03:46:52 PM »
I think that they recognized the name Widmore.  When Desmond said "Penelope Widmore" - Dan and the Pilot exchanged a look and then said they didn't know of her.  But I'm betting they do know a Widmore.

I read it too... Widmores in Bad Twin were American.  There were some vague references to Lost (Cindy the flight attendant and Gary Troupe for example), but I don't think any of it can be considered canon.
I couldn't think of the word last night....metafictional. 

It's the only abc authorized Lost novel, & it was a part of TLE.  I think it is pretty solid.

Offline Gutterball94

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2008, 04:06:59 PM »
I don't know if its even worth mentioning but the two people in the beginning of "Confirmed Dead", the ones who were controlling the two ROVs, the producers thought it was worth giving one of them a name- Ron. The other guy is listed in the transcript as "Man1" so it seems odd that they would give one a name and not the other. Probably nothing, just me rambling again...  ::)

Now all we need is Ron's last name  ;)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2008, 04:17:04 PM »
I don't know if its even worth mentioning but the two people in the beginning of "Confirmed Dead", the ones who were controlling the two ROVs, the producers thought it was worth giving one of them a name- Ron. The other guy is listed in the transcript as "Man1" so it seems odd that they would give one a name and not the other. Probably nothing, just me rambling again...  ::)

Now all we need is Ron's last name  ;)
We need to list as many "R" names as we can!

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2008, 02:07:25 PM »
not sure where to put this, but since we were on bracelets...
the producers said that elsa's bracelet was there to remind sayid of naomi....they say that they aren't connected.  hm.