Re: Penny
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 11:59:39 PM »
Still looks like R.C.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 11:59:50 PM »
But I don't know....two bracelets.  Probably with similar inscriptions.  Elsa's proably said "E I'll always be with you R.G." too.  Doesn't seem to be so much of a personal effect as a marker of some sort.  Too easily removable to be a tracking device I'd think... but...

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 12:07:13 AM »
So if naomi is on the freighter and has one, and elsa is working for someone ben wants killed, does that mean that ben wants to destroy the people who were part of the freighter mission?

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 12:12:29 AM »
So if naomi is on the freighter and has one, and elsa is working for someone ben wants killed, does that mean that ben wants to destroy the people who were part of the freighter mission?
Most likely people or persons who know of his past present and future actions and whereabouts.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008, 12:14:52 AM »
Most likely people or persons who know of his past present and future actions and whereabouts.
Ben's actions?  That works for Ben, but why does Sayid care if Ben gets hurt?  I'm just saying they must have common goals.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2008, 12:27:25 AM »
Ben's actions?  That works for Ben, but why does Sayid care if Ben gets hurt?  I'm just saying they must have common goals.
I understand common goals but sometimes you keep your enemies close and your friends closer. They may have common goals but different motives. They are means to an end for another

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2008, 03:44:40 AM »
What's with all the weird reactions when Des asked about Penny?  Were they all supposed to be along in the lie that Penny sent them to find des and they didn't want to admit it?  Or did Penny really send them...but lied to Charlie?  Or do they recognize the name Widmore because her dad is their boss?
Yes to this.

Randy Chickenshack
POST OF THE DAY. :D

btw- is there a thread on the bracelet yet?  I'm thinking that the "R" is for "Regina."
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 04:07:23 AM by PL »

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2008, 04:56:19 AM »
Someone just tell me who R G is!! 

Blackrock Bob

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2008, 07:12:04 AM »
They are either working for Widmore or against him. It would be a stretch to say that the wanted Desmond to upset Widmore.

I am really worried about Desmond. I hope we see him in a flashforward soon, or I'm afraid he'll be killed on that frieghter.
That or made to stay on the island without hope of seeing Penny again.

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2008, 08:54:13 AM »
Back to Penny...is it possible that if there are time distortions related to the island, that Charlie picked up a transmission of Penny that came from a point BEFORE the boat mission people were hired?

In other words, when Charlie hooked up with Penny, she had not yet been involved in the mission yet but became involved due to that conversation. What if Widmore is behind all this (we know Penny has some inside info for sure because of the season II finale)...what if Penny puts 2 + 2 together based pm talking to Charlie (timeline: pre-boat launch) and manages to to somehow get herself involved (maybe she knows Naomi somehow). The main mission might be to get Ben...but perhaps Naomi had a secondary secret mission to find Des for Penny.

I mean, she DID have Desmond's picture and she knew who he was. I just get the impression that Naomi really isn't a bad person.

Offline DefyxGrandeur

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2008, 11:14:49 AM »
R.G = Regina George.  :D

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2008, 11:21:09 AM »
Regina Goodspeed

Offline The_Soilworker

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2008, 11:34:42 AM »
I think that they recognized the name Widmore.  When Desmond said "Penelope Widmore" - Dan and the Pilot exchanged a look and then said they didn't know of her.  But I'm betting they do know a Widmore.

About the Widmores, .. did anyone read Gary Troups : Bad Twin ? ..

Offline kenny

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2008, 11:47:38 AM »
Soilworker's picture scares me.

Offline The_Soilworker

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2008, 11:49:06 AM »
Soilworker's picture scares me.

Off-topic : it`s a bit stretched.  :P ....didn`t mean to scare ya !..