Author Topic: Why is Ben Sayids Boss off the island?  (Read 19677 times)

Offline FoxyMama

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Why is Ben Sayids Boss off the island?
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2008, 11:28:49 PM »
He jumps on the back of one of those Giant Hamsters he's got running the electricity and rides off into the sunset.   ;D

Offline dragonflyk

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2008, 11:32:42 PM »
Well...if we know Jack and Hurley want to go back...maybe Sayid is fighting because he sees it as his way to go back..and that is what Ben's main goal is?  But why would killing people accomplish that?  It seems like more of a vendetta...

I think it may be a bit of both... a vendetta and protection...maybe not necessarily the protection of the survivors/ Oceanic Six, but more so the protection of the Island and to get the "evil" away from the Island?

Just a thought... flame away

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2008, 11:34:38 PM »
Ben is probably eliminating everyone he doesn't like and wants dead. I don't think Sayid is really protecting the 6.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2008, 11:34:45 PM »
I feel like somehow Ben is manipulating and using Sayid - he had some agenda where he needs these people dead, probably because they're after him and connected to Abaddon, etc., and he's like threatening Sayid with the "you don't want your friends to die, do you" thing.  It's Ben doing what he always does, which is find out what people care about and exploiting it.

And how the heck does Ben get off the Island!!!!
Agree all the way.  How DOES Ben get off the island?  If he gets off the same way as the 6, there are too many questions... but obviously he must have several ways of leaving the island, if he wasn't too sad to see the sub go, i now doubt that that is the only way to leave.  maybe he left by his own means, maybe he is the one who took them all to saftey!  No, that's no good...

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2008, 11:40:36 PM »
Or maybe Locke didn't really blow up the sub...

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2008, 11:42:57 PM »
I feel like somehow Ben is manipulating and using Sayid - he had some agenda where he needs these people dead, probably because they're after him and connected to Abaddon, etc., and he's like threatening Sayid with the "you don't want your friends to die, do you" thing.  It's Ben doing what he always does, which is find out what people care about and exploiting it.

Agree all the way.  How DOES Ben get off the island?  If he gets off the same way as the 6, there are too many questions... but obviously he must have several ways of leaving the island, if he wasn't too sad to see the sub go, i now doubt that that is the only way to leave.  maybe he left by his own means, maybe he is the one who took them all to saftey!  No, that's no good...
The still have Des's boat.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2008, 11:48:22 PM »
If he has a man on the boat then he has continued contact with the outside world in some way, so maybe he could just ask for a real rescue boat.  I dunno.

Offline Point Place WI

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2008, 11:49:27 PM »
Yeah I'll pull the crappy storyline out that I think sucks....

It wasn't the real Ben it was Ghost Ben.....

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2008, 11:51:37 PM »

The still have Des's boat.

And he has a compass bearing.  I bet the same bearing he gave Michael to get off the Island is the bearing that Faraday is sending Lapidus on - that's got to be the only way to get out through whatever forcefield is surrounding the Island (or time-altering tractor beam or something).  So Des couldn't leave on his sailboat because he didn't have the right compass bearing.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2008, 12:11:19 AM »
Whatever Ben is doing is "best for the island." Maybe keeping the 6 alive is in the island's best interest somehow.

I think whatever Losties are remaining in the time of these flash forwards now realise that Ben was one of the good guys all along and those that stayed behind are now working with the remnants of the Others to continue protecting the island.  So far, only Kate has been shown to not want any part of it anymore.  I haven't figured out why Jack can't just go back if he knows Ben was right, though.  Maybe because they are so famous now, it would draw too much attention if they just disappeared again, especially all six of them?

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2008, 12:16:09 AM »
But Ben has done so much to them, I just can't see them looking at him as a "good guy."  Maybe he is right in some way that the freighter people are "bad," but I think he's still out there serving his own interests in the future and using Sayid as a pawn, somehow.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2008, 12:17:04 AM »
Whatever Ben is doing is "best for the island." Maybe keeping the 6 alive is in the island's best interest somehow.

I think whatever Losties are remaining in the time of these flash forwards now realise that Ben was one of the good guys all along and those that stayed behind are now working with the remnants of the Others to continue protecting the island.  So far, only Kate has been shown to not want any part of it anymore.  I haven't figured out why Jack can't just go back if he knows Ben was right, though.  Maybe because they are so famous now, it would draw too much attention if they just disappeared again, especially all six of them?
I like your thinking here.  Ben was right, as we have seen him "predict the future" in a way before, like telling Jack he may want to come to the island again in that mobisode.  But there must be some key to getting to the island that Jack is missing...

Offline General Zod

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2008, 12:24:02 AM »
That was kind of surprising when Sayid pulls the gun from the golf bag and shoots the guy.  Probably thought he was one of the guys after him.  It was obvious the guy acted very weird when Sayid told him he was one of the Oceanic 6.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2008, 12:25:23 AM »
yes, he seemed very ready to get out of there.  did anyone catch that guy's name?

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2008, 12:30:28 AM »
That was kind of surprising when Sayid pulls the gun from the golf bag and shoots the guy.  Probably thought he was one of the guys after him.  It was obvious the guy acted very weird when Sayid told him he was one of the Oceanic 6.

Sayid didn't think the guy was after him, HE was after the guy.  He was on Ben's list and the guy knew he was in trouble because he somehow knew that the six are related to Ben.

And what WAS his nme, I didn't get it either.