Author Topic: Why is Ben Sayids Boss off the island?  (Read 19612 times)

Offline FoxyMama

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Why is Ben Sayids Boss off the island?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 11:15:24 PM »
But who does Elsa and Abaddon work for?  I'm assuming they were after Ben (given the info we have so far) and now, they're after Ben's island buddies?  what gives? :-\

Offline versed4every1

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 11:15:51 PM »
I took it to mean that Sayid was working to keep the other 5 of the Oceanic 6 alive.  Like perhaps these people they're chasing are a danger to them.

I think that is the right line of thinking.
I concur... I think Abaddon getting through to Hurley was a mistake on Sayid's part... maybe not getting Elsa's boss?

Either that or maybe Abaddon getting through to Hurley was what set Sayid off to play the role of executioner again.

Offline Point Place WI

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 11:16:06 PM »
Ben is protecting the other survivors. Either the Oceanic 6 or the people that remained on the island.
Obviously Sayid makes some stupid mistake that gives Ben power over him. I'm sure Desmond has something to do with it too, since they both got on the helicopter.

I have a weird felling that Desmond will be dead by seasons end.  Penny's people will run into Ben's and she's gonna die too.  Just throwing that out there.  He is not one of the Oceanic Six. 

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2008, 11:17:07 PM »
why does ben give a crap about keeping these 6 people alive?  and what did ben mean by "the last time you thought with your heart and not your gun"

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2008, 11:18:02 PM »
But who does Elsa and Abaddon work for?  I'm assuming they were after Ben (given the info we have so far) and now, they're after Ben's island buddies?  what gives? :-\
I'm guessing Paik/Widmore...

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2008, 11:18:29 PM »
why does ben give a crap about keeping these 6 people alive?  and what did ben mean by "the last time you thought with your heart and not your gun"
He probably went after Nadia when he got out...

Offline Point Place WI

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 11:18:38 PM »
Ben would not send Sayid out to save the Oceanic six if in fact Sayid is one of the survivors.  That would make no sense what-so-ever. 

Offline jillybean4u

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 11:18:40 PM »
  I called it though about Ben being Sayid's boss. 
The voice threw me off, at first I thought it could have been Christian.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2008, 11:19:06 PM »

I think he was talking about, back when he let his woman go from the prison

Offline joeboo

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2008, 11:20:38 PM »
How does Ben get off of the island??? ???

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2008, 11:20:52 PM »

I think he was talking about, back when he let his woman go from the prison
yeah, but that didn't really effect him too negativly...Bhasra incident?

The only way i can see Sayid working for Ben is due to a common goal... Sayid isn't in it for any money or anything, he has enough of that.  So he must want to take these people down as bad as Ben does, and that is where he gets his info. 

Offline FoxyMama

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2008, 11:22:04 PM »
Ben would not send Sayid out to save the Oceanic six if in fact Sayid is one of the survivors.

Why not?  If Ben is supposedly 'good' then it would make sense that he wants to protect those that he tried to warn.  And if Ben has only 6 to choose from, and we know who 3 of them are, Sayid would make the strongest/most clever assassin, wouldn't he?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2008, 11:22:33 PM »
Ben is protecting the other survivors. Either the Oceanic 6 or the people that remained on the island.
Obviously Sayid makes some stupid mistake that gives Ben power over him. I'm sure Desmond has something to do with it too, since they both got on the helicopter.

I have a weird felling that Desmond will be dead by seasons end.  Penny's people will run into Ben's and she's gonna die too.  Just throwing that out there.  He is not one of the Oceanic Six. 
He's not Oceanic Six because he wasn't on Oceanic. Ben isn't Oceanic Six either.

Ben would not send Sayid out to save the Oceanic six if in fact Sayid is one of the survivors.  That would make no sense what-so-ever. 
Whatever Ben is doing is "best for the island." Maybe keeping the 6 alive is in the island's best interest somehow.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2008, 11:24:39 PM »
Well...if we know Jack and Hurley want to go back...maybe Sayid is fighting because he sees it as his way to go back..and that is what Ben's main goal is?  But why would killing people accomplish that?  It seems like more of a vendetta...

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2008, 11:27:42 PM »
I feel like somehow Ben is manipulating and using Sayid - he had some agenda where he needs these people dead, probably because they're after him and connected to Abaddon, etc., and he's like threatening Sayid with the "you don't want your friends to die, do you" thing.  It's Ben doing what he always does, which is find out what people care about and exploiting it.

And how the heck does Ben get off the Island!!!!