Author Topic: Screencap/Investigations Request  (Read 6682 times)

Offline Lost Ed

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Screencap/Investigations Request
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 02:39:26 PM »
I would like a screencap of the sand traps on the golf course.  I don't golf, but it sure looked like an odd accumulation of sand pits there.  I'd like to study them a bit.  However, if its just me...nevermind.

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 02:46:25 PM »
I would like a screencap of the sand traps on the golf course.  I don't golf, but it sure looked like an odd accumulation of sand pits there.  I'd like to study them a bit.  However, if its just me...nevermind.

Not saying it does or does not mean anything. But the type of sand traps on the course are typical for a European golf course (Links).

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 04:11:33 PM »
Not so much a screencap....but did anyone catch the name of the man sayid shot in that golf course?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 04:40:23 PM »
Not so much a screencap....but did anyone catch the name of the man sayid shot in that golf course?

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Mr._Avellino

Offline _freckles_

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008, 06:57:23 PM »

Also, what about the books sayid was looking at before he found the secret closet?

I was particulary interested in this as well.  I paused the screen with my tivo but with my crappy television screen i could only make out a couple of the books.  I know one of them(the red book) says something about religion....I couldn't make out the first two words of the title...only the last.  And I believe another one of the books right next to it...the large green book...was The Holy Quran.  (We usually see it spelled as Koran, but it can also be spelled this way as well.) 

I could be wrong...but thats what it looked like the books said.

I'm not sure.  :-\

I second the screen shot request!  :)

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2008, 10:12:16 PM »
are those clock numbers from the bible?

i am too lazy to look it up, but the 3:16 part makes me think of that. didnt eko have a john 3:16 quote on his wife beater bat?

Here's a typically snarky and insightful comment from good ole Doc Jensen on this:

Deficit Spending Another scene I bet you'll be going nutty over was the one where Daniel Faraday did his rocket experiment, which concluded with his admittedly ''beyond weird'' discovery of an apparent 31-minute time differential between freighter reality and Island reality, where time seems to pass more slowly. What does this mean? I don't know but I immediately went to barnesandnoble.com and purchased Stephen Hawking's Brief History of Time so you guys can borrow it, read it, and then summarize it for me while I eat grapes and watch Big Brother. Seriously, I'm crunching theories, but it takes time for me to do quantum physics. It takes me mere seconds, however, to do some cheap biblical analysis! Did you see the numbers on Daniel's clocks? One said 3:16, while the other said 2:45. As it happens, Daniel 2:45 is the culmination of the story in which exiled Daniel earned an exalted place in King Nebuchadnezzar's court by interpreting a dream concerning the future of Babylon and how ''the fourth kingdom will be a divided kingdom.'' Hey that sounds like the fourth season of Lost! Meanwhile, Daniel 3:16 is part of the famous story of how Daniel's friends Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were thrown in the fiery furnace but were saved by God. How might that apply to Lost? Well, thematically, the story deals with three men who refused to abandon their spiritual beliefs and bow down before a false idol a story that stands in stark contrast to Sayid's flash-forward arc.

Offline madmax22e

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2008, 11:35:08 PM »
are those clock numbers from the bible?

i am too lazy to look it up, but the 3:16 part makes me think of that. didnt eko have a john 3:16 quote on his wife beater bat?

Here's a typically snarky and insightful comment from good ole Doc Jensen on this:

Deficit Spending Another scene I bet you'll be going nutty over was the one where Daniel Faraday did his rocket experiment, which concluded with his admittedly ''beyond weird'' discovery of an apparent 31-minute time differential between freighter reality and Island reality, where time seems to pass more slowly. What does this mean? I don't know but I immediately went to barnesandnoble.com and purchased Stephen Hawking's Brief History of Time so you guys can borrow it, read it, and then summarize it for me while I eat grapes and watch Big Brother. Seriously, I'm crunching theories, but it takes time for me to do quantum physics. It takes me mere seconds, however, to do some cheap biblical analysis! Did you see the numbers on Daniel's clocks? One said 3:16, while the other said 2:45. As it happens, Daniel 2:45 is the culmination of the story in which exiled Daniel earned an exalted place in King Nebuchadnezzar's court by interpreting a dream concerning the future of Babylon and how ''the fourth kingdom will be a divided kingdom.'' Hey that sounds like the fourth season of Lost! Meanwhile, Daniel 3:16 is part of the famous story of how Daniel's friends Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were thrown in the fiery furnace but were saved by God. How might that apply to Lost? Well, thematically, the story deals with three men who refused to abandon their spiritual beliefs and bow down before a false idol a story that stands in stark contrast to Sayid's flash-forward arc.

thanks, exactly what i was hoping for

Offline Lost Ed

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 11:37:16 AM »
Screencap request.
Sayid and company open the door to Ben's place.  TO their right is a clock and some photos on the wall.  As they proceed inside, the opposite wall has two pictures of sailing vessels.

Are these px of the black rock?  The silhouette looks like it could be.

As to the prophet Daniel, I came across some Danielesque numbers while crunching time differentials.  1240, and 144000 showed up regularly in the process...daniel (the prophet not the Faraday)used those numbers as well.

Offline oszuscik

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 01:56:05 PM »
Is there any way that you can do a screen shot of the group sitting at the table when Juliet is first shown the submarine?  I swear the person with the dharma shirt with his back facing the camera is Michael.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2008, 09:58:36 PM »
How about a side-by-side picture of Ben.  One side will be of Ben from Locke's flashback at the Sydney airport.  The other side will be Ben from Mile's picture.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2008, 03:56:16 PM »
Is there any way that you can do a screen shot of the group sitting at the table when Juliet is first shown the submarine?  I swear the person with the dharma shirt with his back facing the camera is Michael.
he does look kinda like him, but if you keep watching the season you see the sub guy again... i think he brings kate to her cage or something like that.  you see for real at that point that it isn't michael.