Poll

Was this the best episode ever

yes
no
maybe

Author Topic: Was this the best episode ever.  (Read 6564 times)

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Was this the best episode ever.
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2008, 11:45:00 AM »
Just wandering but when Sayid pulled the book case back did anyone else think that he found the long awaited tunnels.

I did, then i was like oh its just a big closet.

I thought Anne Frank - and who is being held captive in here in secret?

my other overwhelming thought throughout the episode....

Does Sayeed straighten his hair every day? I guess the payout was good enough to get him some of them fancy ceramic ones.... :D :D

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2008, 12:15:26 PM »
Just wandering but when Sayid pulled the book case back did anyone else think that he found the long awaited tunnels.
i was actually saying, "please let it be the tunnels." 

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2008, 12:56:05 PM »
On the subject of the tunnels, does anyone think they have already 'found' them yet?
I also was expecting Ben's wardrobe to be part of the tunnel network possible leading to the Pearl station (when we saw Ben and Juliette appear). I think there is still a good chance that there could be some sort of tunnel entrance on or around the Other's commune.
Also it appears the tunnels could link all the other stations, we saw an underground 'bunker' type location at both The Flame and The Pearl, have seen a sealed up entrance at The Swan aswell as the other one that Sayid found at The Door(?) or the 'fake' station by the beach. Much of the Hydra appeared to be underground too particularly the section where Jack was held as well as the Cadecus (Staff) station, most of that too seemed to be an underground tunnel system.
And I am betting there is definatley some sort of tunnel entrance at the Temple, maybe they will wait till they get there to show us the whole tunnel network, Id expect the whispers to have a big significance at the Temple area too - thats where the remaining Others (including Cindy, Richard and the children) went isnt it?

Back on topic, the big dissapointment for me this episode was why Locke didnt step over the line of ash! Surely if he thought Jacob's cabin was there he would have had a good look around before turning back just to make sure he wasnt mistaken, thus resulting in him crossing the line.
Just thinking back to the confrontation in early season 2 when Tom and the Other's told Jack that this was their Island and the only reason they were still living there was because the Other's were letting them - Tom mentioned crossing a line, I wonder if it was this same line or just a metaphore?
Also by Locke not crossing the line of ash sort of confirms why the cabin 'dissapeared' when Hurley was scurrying backwards, likley crossing the ash line.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2008, 09:36:26 PM »
I just read the scene where Sayid and Kate get tricked by Hurley and Sawyer and Locke show up is a tribute to Empire Strikes Back, Han getting tarpped by Lando Calrissian