Poll

Was this the best episode ever

yes
no
maybe

Author Topic: Was this the best episode ever.  (Read 6571 times)

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Was this the best episode ever.
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 08:57:05 AM »
The BEST thing about this episode was this:

SAYID is BACK!!!

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 11:06:54 AM »
finding out that not only there was a hatch in the ground, but there was someone living in it.  THAT was the best OMG moment ever.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 05:16:22 PM »
Lost sets such a high standard. I thought this was a superb episode, but I can think of several that are even better.

Offline Falam

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 05:18:43 PM »
The BEST thing about this episode was this:

SAYID is BACK!!!

Amen!  I loved this episode b/c it was Sayid-centric but don't know if it was the BEST episode ever.  I thought a lot of hints were dropped for the message boards to go wild with new/revisited theories.

Offline eelpie62

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2008, 08:39:49 PM »
finding out that not only there was a hatch in the ground, but there was someone living in it.  THAT was the best OMG moment ever.

Agreed. "Make Your Own Kind Of Music" skipping off the turntable as the hatch blows open is still my favorite Lost moment.

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2008, 09:04:50 PM »

Agreed. "Make Your Own Kind Of Music" skipping off the turntable as the hatch blows open is still my favorite Lost moment.

Got to agree with that! Wow, that was amazing watching the season 2 opener, just amazing!
The final part of this showing Sayid not only working for Ben but more or less at his mercy was pretty riveting stuff too but like has been mentioned so was Sawyer killing Locke's dad, the tail section crash, realising they were being watched from the Pearl all along, The Others taking Walt, 'Don't you beleive in  miracles brother?', Charlie dying, The very first flash forward, Eko meeting his maker..... wow, there have been some pretty amazing moments so far, lets hope this is a sign of things to come!

Offline jumbotron

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2008, 09:44:26 PM »
I voted No!  It may however been the best final 5 minutes... maybe even better than S3 finale flashforward reveal!  I was thinking to myself as Sayid was being attended too "this guy kinda sounds like Ben.... nah, couldn't be".  They got me again,  I LOVE THIS SHOW!

Offline Gmonkey

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2008, 11:54:37 PM »
i think it was good for the fact that stuff happened... last season seemed to drag on for so long at the start, and i was under the impression that no one would be getting off the island until the last ep of this season. I was very happily to be wrong about this. The story of Sayid was a bit slow though, and predictable. BTW, at the end in the vet surgery when Ben says "need I remind you what happened last time you used you heart instead of your gun?" and Sayid replies - "you used that to recruit me" - is this an event that we don't know about yet?

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2008, 11:58:00 PM »
NO.  This epi had maybe 15 minutes of solid material. 

*sigh*  It was good, but not great.
It's the journey PL the journey rofl....

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2008, 03:36:37 PM »
NO.  This epi had maybe 15 minutes of solid material. 

*sigh*  It was good, but not great.
It's the journey PL the journey rofl....
I felt like I had been sailing down the freeway in the carpool lane, cruise control @ 80 (normal for Cali, btw), then.....BRAKE LIGHTS!  It lost the momentum of the 1st 2 episodes of this season!

Journey...schmourney. :P  Hurley & Sayid are sell-outs. lol

Offline Gutterball94

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2008, 04:13:08 PM »
It was really good, but still not the best. In fact that was the worst episode of Season 4 so far, not to say it was bad ::)

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2008, 04:23:11 PM »
Just wandering but when Sayid pulled the book case back did anyone else think that he found the long awaited tunnels.

I did, then i was like oh its just a big closet.

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2008, 04:32:11 PM »
I have to agree on the Season II opener...Season III too, finding out the Others were in a community right on the island.

Even though "The Economist" ended with SAyid acting like a little bit of a wuss, it was a good episode. Sayid had kind of faded into almost a background character for a while...not very interesting at all. But I loved him getting back to his no-nonsense, calculating-but-loveable self.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2008, 04:36:38 PM »
Okay, ThisIsSomeCrazyStuff, I'm gonna take the bait...

Yes, this was the best episode yet of Lost.

1)  It had one of the hardest jobs - to keep up the construct that the island is more powerful than we ever imagined by showing the moral decline of one of the show's most beloved and revered characters - Sayid Jarra.

2)  Sayid's fall from grace was so complete that the audience reaction went right him.  That took guts on the part of the writers.  It took 42 minutes to prove to us that Sayid's deal to get off the island UNDID all his reform that he's undergone.

3)  In and of itself, the episode WAS the Twilight Zone.  No, I can't explain Daniel's timers, I can't explain Ben's passports, and I can still hardly believe the last scene (a vet clinic? Ben off island? Sayid his lackey?) -- but I can tell you, I watch this show because it punches me in the gut with its twists and turns.

4)  For me personally, I believe I might be done trying to draw all the conclusions that might be presenting themselves.  I'm suddenly unconcerned about time travel/alternate realities/multiple universes.  I just want the island to do its thing.  I want the next 10 episodes of this season even if it nearly destroys all the characters I love.  I want that zeitgeisty/paranormal/Twilight Zone feeling every week.

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2008, 06:20:35 PM »
Okay, ThisIsSomeCrazyStuff, I'm gonna take the bait...

Yes, this was the best episode yet of Lost.

1)  It had one of the hardest jobs - to keep up the construct that the island is more powerful than we ever imagined by showing the moral decline of one of the show's most beloved and revered characters - Sayid Jarra.

2)  Sayid's fall from grace was so complete that the audience reaction went right him.  That took guts on the part of the writers.  It took 42 minutes to prove to us that Sayid's deal to get off the island UNDID all his reform that he's undergone.

3)  In and of itself, the episode WAS the Twilight Zone.  No, I can't explain Daniel's timers, I can't explain Ben's passports, and I can still hardly believe the last scene (a vet clinic? Ben off island? Sayid his lackey?) -- but I can tell you, I watch this show because it punches me in the gut with its twists and turns.

4)  For me personally, I believe I might be done trying to draw all the conclusions that might be presenting themselves.  I'm suddenly unconcerned about time travel/alternate realities/multiple universes.  I just want the island to do its thing.  I want the next 10 episodes of this season even if it nearly destroys all the characters I love.  I want that zeitgeisty/paranormal/Twilight Zone feeling every week.

Excellent post, Laklost.  This was the best character-journey episode we've seen at least since Jack's destruction in Through the Looking Glass last May.  It was brilliantly executed.  I too am no longer concerned about "getting answers" - I just love the journey and the twists and turns.