Author Topic: Missile a time warp?  (Read 20569 times)

Offline gjohnson

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Missile a time warp?
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2008, 10:08:50 AM »
The island has some kind of temporal distortion around it. That is why no one can easily find it.
Wow, the island is LOST in time...

Offline Swank13

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2008, 11:05:16 AM »
I mean really who the hell decides to set up a beacon attracting a missile to not only themselves, but also there only lifeline off the island... The Chopper!  I really did think that he was going to blow that thing up.

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2008, 11:07:10 AM »
I guess that's exactly what Naomi thought about them - apart from the drunk, of course.

Offline FoxyMama

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2008, 11:11:21 AM »
Maybe the equipment was sophisticated enough that he knew dead-on where it would hit.

Offline Lost Ed

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2008, 11:15:48 AM »
The only reason I knew the heli wasn't gonna get it is because of the previous week's previews where it is shown taking off...otherwise...yeah, I thought the heli was a gonner...even though I knew better...I still thought it was a gonner :)

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2008, 11:30:40 AM »
Another excellent point.  So island time is the same as real world time.  Like, if i look at my clock at it says 10:10, sayid will look at his watch and it will say 10:10.  its just the "wrinkle" between the island and me that is off?
I think that sound correct.  It's is almost like there is a "maze" between the island and the outside world.  Time moves the same on either side, but you can't just take a direct route from one to the other.  Apparently Ben may know the trap door to the "maze".  Best analogy I can come up with.
I think you have nailed it. Sounds very real, and doesn't go into "time travel" crazy stuff.
Also, might explain how Walt became "tall". They got stuck in the maze, somehow he aged.
Does that mean we're going to see an old Michael??
Geez, if he was a screamer before, imagine now: a hard-of-hearing old man!
Pleeeaaase writers/producers: maybe he died of old age in the boat???
I'll take Christian coming back anyday, but keep "MYBOY" Michael out of the show!!!!!! rsrsrsrsrsr....

Offline doggpound

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2008, 11:32:40 AM »
If you recall, when Walt/Michael left the island on the boat, Ben was extremely specific about what heading to take.

So that's two instances of 'the correct heading/bearing' to leave the island.

Also, can someone try and relate this back to the logs that were found in the Pearl?  I recall some discrepancies there when they were first noticed.

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2008, 11:35:35 AM »
If you recall, when Walt/Michael left the island on the boat, Ben was extremely specific about what heading to take.

So that's two instances of 'the correct heading/bearing' to leave the island.
I'm guessing he might have given him the INcorrect bearing, he never wanted anyone to go back to the outside world. Sent them on a bearing that would have them sailing around the maze for a while and then back?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 11:38:07 AM by *MaZ* »

Offline The_Soilworker

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2008, 11:42:23 AM »
I think we missed the most important thing : WHY..bring a missile with atomic clocks. to an Assasination / Rescue Mission.. or whatever. Did they EXPECT the whole time-bending thingy ? I mean, it`s not the average survival gear ?

Offline bubbles

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2008, 11:42:50 AM »
I had the same thought, it was like " come on dude! move a few feet away from the chopper!"

Offline Savior

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2008, 11:45:19 AM »
When he said payload, i was expecting some boxes to drop in by parachute.  I would not be standing next to the beacon if it was a missle/projectile coming in.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 02:41:57 PM by Savior »

Blackrock Bob

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2008, 12:06:14 PM »
He did put it close to the helicopter, but it was dead on. Maybe he was just so certain it would land exactly where he expected it to? Personally, I'd stay away from his experiments.

Offline joeboo

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2008, 12:10:01 PM »
When he first said "fire the payload" and the countdown was going on the camera panned to an angle that showed his face and the mountains behind him.  I was completely expecting the mountains to be lit up by some HUGE artillery shells.  but what actually happened was good too.

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2008, 12:11:28 PM »
When he first said "fire the payload" and the countdown was going on the camera panned to an angle that showed his face and the mountains behind him.  I was completely expecting the mountains to be lit up by some HUGE artillery shells.  but what actually happened was good too.
I was reassured by the pilot saying "they do this on the boat all the time".
BTW, love your avatar.

Offline gjohnson

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2008, 12:18:01 PM »
Oh, I think they're on the island for more than Ben. I think the whole light-scattering comment was what he was expecting based on what he was told, but just too impossible to believe.