Author Topic: Meaning of Eggtown  (Read 24705 times)

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Meaning of Eggtown
« Reply #135 on: March 06, 2008, 03:32:18 PM »
(((((Laklost))))) ;D  I know the feeling, btw.

AED for any thread...

so does anyone think that Kelvin is still alive? ::) :D

........or Christian..............or who's in the box...........they go on and on! 

BTW, I'm not sure how many members will know what AED stands for, are you in the medical field or first response?

BTW again, I'm touched by your quote!   :)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 06, 2008, 03:53:39 PM »
Sorry!  AED= Automated External Defibrillator.  This thread is only "mostly dead." :)

Classes were required when I taught preschool, but I've kept my 1st aid/ CPR certification current as I'm 1st response to my 5 kids now!  It's also good for our church's children's ministry to have someone "on-site" to coordinate care if anything should happen.

That line still makes me laugh every time I read it. :D  Someone had speculated that Patchy may be the captain of the Kahana, & I ALMOST posted "SEE LF777'S QUOTE IN MY SIGNATURE!"
 :D

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2008, 02:53:10 PM »
I hated this episode when it aired.
I rewatched it on the boxset and it wasn't that bad.  More than just a "move the story along" even.

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2008, 06:09:30 PM »
Asmo, I kind of felt the same way - I was disappointed when it aired, but it was better the 2nd time around.  I think a big part of the problem was it came right after The Economist, which was at a lighting-fast pace and mindblowing as we saw a future Sayid that we never dreamed of, and Eggtown was slower and felt a bit like a letdown.  But now, I see it as being a strong character-driven story that shows us the growth of Kate's character.  We also got to see some cool interaction between Locke and Ben.  I absolutely loved Ben's line to Locke, something like "here we are just like old times...  and you're just as 'lost' as you ever were."

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2009, 01:09:01 PM »
Asmo, I kind of felt the same way - I was disappointed when it aired, but it was better the 2nd time around.  I think a big part of the problem was it came right after The Economist, which was at a lighting-fast pace and mindblowing as we saw a future Sayid that we never dreamed of, and Eggtown was slower and felt a bit like a letdown.  But now, I see it as being a strong character-driven story that shows us the growth of Kate's character.  We also got to see some cool interaction between Locke and Ben.  I absolutely loved Ben's line to Locke, something like "here we are just like old times...  and you're just as 'lost' as you ever were."
As did I!  Michael Emerson is brilliant, & I've finally come to terms with saying that Ben Linus is my favorite character on this show.

There were a few episodes that I had rated low during the season, & now I look back @ those reviews & wonder if I was just having a bad day. lol  They're all essential chapters in the larger story!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 01, 2009, 02:05:16 PM »
I gave it high rating from the beggining, I never understood why people blasted it so much.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 03, 2009, 06:56:56 PM »
Poor Juggy.  I think many assumed that it was impossible for you to be objective with a Kate-centric episode! ;)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 03, 2009, 10:22:54 PM »
I don't understand why?