Author Topic: Possible DARMAHA op not killed by Ben?  (Read 2187 times)

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Possible DARMAHA op not killed by Ben?
« on: February 13, 2008, 05:17:55 PM »
Who could have surrived the purge by Ben to let someone back at DARMAHA know what hapened?
The freighter people know about Ben and brought gas masks knowing full well that Ben used gas to kill off the DARMAHA scientists.
Who or what could have been left to survive the purge?

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Possible DARMAHA op not killed by Ben?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 06:39:55 PM »
Can you spell Radzinsky?  ;)

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 06:44:46 PM »
haaaaaaaaaa that was my first guess as well

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 06:48:01 PM »
I mean, why else would he have made the super secret map?  Why else would he have plastered himself against the ceiling - he gave up.  But the rebellion against Ben received its unforeseen help in the person of Desmondo, and even more mysteriously by Locke.  I like it.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 06:50:32 PM »
I mean, why else would he have made the super secret map?  Why else would he have plastered himself against the ceiling - he gave up.  But the rebellion against Ben received its unforeseen help in the person of Desmondo, and even more mysteriously by Locke.  I like it.

seriously!! the map was made by him obviously, but when looking at it, it seemed like it was being made by someone from Dharma, you know the little notes and such, it doesnt seem as if it was someone from ben's side

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 07:22:19 PM »

seriously!! the map was made by him obviously, but when looking at it, it seemed like it was being made by someone from Dharma, you know the little notes and such, it doesnt seem as if it was someone from ben's side

Oh, definitely not. The map was all about what happened to Dharma, when and where.  Radzinsky's career seems to speak to Dharma's silent years - probably when Mittelwerk had taken over on land.  But R was holding out for something.  Episode IV A New Hope!

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 07:54:54 PM »
Wow!  Neat thread guys!  I mean...I had wondered WHY he needed a map...when if he worked for dharma he should have access (perhaps) to some of the maps in the flame.  But hey, this brings up a whole new bunch of ideas.  Time line wise, Radzinski was probably on the island at the time of the purge (which i think was around the time of the gulf war..maybe a bit after...) and this very well could have been his quiet rebellion. 

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 07:55:27 PM »
Also, did we ever find out who removed that section of the orientation video?

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 09:27:37 PM »
Wow!  Neat thread guys!  I mean...I had wondered WHY he needed a map...when if he worked for dharma he should have access (perhaps) to some of the maps in the flame.  But hey, this brings up a whole new bunch of ideas.  Time line wise, Radzinski was probably on the island at the time of the purge (which i think was around the time of the gulf war..maybe a bit after...) and this very well could have been his quiet rebellion. 

Wasn't the Purge mid-80s?  Radzinsky stayed in hiding until Kelvin was recruited after the war early 90s.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 11:05:31 PM »
that's something i wonder.  because danielle came to the island in 1988....and of course who really knows what was going on with that... but in 1988 someone took Alex, and Ben became the father.  So yes, it is fair to think that Ben took Alex after the purge.  Well I just found out that i have to open in the morning so I'm going to not finish what i started and go to bed!

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 12:29:39 AM »
I love the thought that Danielle's team was the first wave of anti-Ben pro-Alvar Dharma sent to the island.  She was on her side of the island surviving against him, Radzinsky was on his side - they never had the reinforcements they needed until the Losties landed.

Blackrock Bob

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 04:20:58 AM »
Part of my theory about why Kelvin is alive is that we need a Kelvin flashback to fill in missing parts of the story.If Kelvin is dead and so is Radzinski, we are pretty much stuck not knowing what really happened.

I feel there is still plenty of story to be told. Maybe we'll get more from a Ben, Juliette, or Danielle flashback.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 10:32:25 AM »
Part of my theory about why Kelvin is alive is that we need a Kelvin flashback to fill in missing parts of the story.If Kelvin is dead and so is Radzinski, we are pretty much stuck not knowing what really happened.

I feel there is still plenty of story to be told. Maybe we'll get more from a Ben, Juliette, or Danielle flashback.

My vote is for Danielle.  She knows the whole deal.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 10:37:12 AM »
Like the theory, but one problem occurs to me. How did Radzinsky notify Dharma about the purge. It does not appear that he had outside contact with the world.

Michael talked to Walt(maybe), but that had to be on island contact. Ben's people have had control of the communication.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 03:06:03 PM »
That is a good point.  But remember he could do more than just punch numbers into a computer, he was able to develop a way for a fake lockdown so that he could paint the map.  Could it be possible that he also developed a way to make contact with the outside world through his computer using his skills?