Author Topic: "God cannot see the island", "light scatters differently" and other musings  (Read 7684 times)

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: "God cannot see the island", "light scatters differently" and other musings
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 03:48:12 PM »
Very interesting theory and well stated. I went and read the article on the tailsection that you gave. Answers a lot of the questions, but I still see some problems with it.

If Amelia is the Amelia Earhart, she has not aged. Well than why does Ben, Walt, Alex aaron etc age. How does it account for some not(Richard?) and some not. Amelia came from off island, so she should have the same reactions as other people born off island. ( I believe Amelia and the dude with her will end up being Adam and Eve)

People leaving and comng to the island needs an explanation!

I also agree that one theory will not explain it all. So this one could explain, how the different vessels got there.
Not sure of the exact answers but if (and I love the thought) that is in fact Amelia Earhart, she would be dead by now anyhow.  So if it is her, only two explanations can be made:

1.  Time is slowed down or stopped on the island
2.  Anti-aging is in play and time continues on (meaning it's still Dec. 2004 on the island)

Personally I think #1 and it's 1984 on the island.  Weird.  Break out the Tears for Fears tunes.

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 03:51:23 PM »
Except that Juliet traved from "just outside Portland" not miami.
That's where they said they were leaving from, but after she was drugged, who knows where she went? Why am I thinking Florida? (bangs head).

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 03:51:59 PM »
Right, but there is a hotspot between porland and australia.  Two in fact.  One being the island?
Very interesting theory and well stated. I went and read the article on the tailsection that you gave. Answers a lot of the questions, but I still see some problems with it.

If Amelia is the Amelia Earhart, she has not aged. Well than why does Ben, Walt, Alex aaron etc age. How does it account for some not(Richard?) and some not. Amelia came from off island, so she should have the same reactions as other people born off island. ( I believe Amelia and the dude with her will end up being Adam and Eve)

I also agree that one theory will not explain it all. So this one could explain, how the different vessels got there.
Not sure of the exact answers but if (and I love the thought) that is in fact Amelia Earhart, she would be dead by now anyhow.  So if it is her, only two explanations can be made:

2.  Anti-aging is in play and time continues on (meaning it's still Dec. 2004 on the island)

Personally I think #1 and it's 1984 on the island.  Weird.  Break out the Tears for Fears tunes.
Or for arguments sake Amelia was pregnant when she went on that flight, named her baby amelia, and died in the cave.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2008, 03:52:37 PM »
Well we can look at this.

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2008, 03:53:36 PM »
Right, but there is a hotspot between porland and australia.  Two in fact.  One being the island?

Or for arguments sake Amelia was pregnant when she went on that flight, named her baby amelia, and died in the cave.
Yowza!

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 03:54:47 PM »

Offline versed4every1

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 04:08:14 PM »

THANKS!  Now I really have a headache!  ;) :P

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 04:10:15 PM »
I'd say it's the real Amelia............on both counts.  I think Eve is Amelia on a different timeline and Amelia is Amelia on this timeline ;D

Don't even get me started on the "Christian" timelines, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2008, 04:13:19 PM »
I don't know.......I think it would be neat if it was THE amelia earhart.  But.  I also think that they threw that name out there to get us thinking about what happens to things when they become lost and whatever.  Also because in Carrie there is a letter from a woman named AMELIA who has a daughter named ANNIE who may have psychic abilities.  ah!

Offline Nancy Drew

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2008, 04:16:07 PM »
I still have that book here if you want it to read..............

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2008, 04:18:03 PM »
i was about to type that in my post actually!

Offline footballmom10

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2008, 04:32:24 PM »
Is it possible that the sub went nowhere?  I mean, they find a polar bear in tunisia and a little beechcraft makes it there from africa....what if it is the island that moves?

Blackrock Bob

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2008, 04:37:23 PM »
It is a can of worms indeed.
No time travel, and we can explain it with pseudo-science.

I think the island does have a mini-black hole like thing that is bending time/space.
It's all relative.

I also think Ben exaggerates. He says he lived his whole life on the island, but he came there as a boy.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2008, 08:02:58 PM »
It is a can of worms indeed.
No time travel, and we can explain it with pseudo-science.

I think the island does have a mini-black hole like thing that is bending time/space.
It's all relative.

I also think Ben exaggerates. He says he lived his whole life on the island, but he came there as a boy.
Yes, over and over they say that the island has all these "unique properties" that make it possible to do such and such a task.  Man you got me thinking about that one limerick...something like
"there once was a man named blight
who traveled faster than light
he took off one day
in a relative way
and returned on the previous night"
Anyhow.