Author Topic: Why Only Six?  (Read 1043 times)

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Why Only Six?
« on: February 11, 2008, 10:31:55 PM »
How many originally went with Jack?  What happened to the rest?  The helicopter can't carry eleven (the six, boaties, and Ben), so there must be over one trip or another way off.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Why Only Six?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 10:46:07 PM »
cuz that's what the writers/producers wanted...

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 10:50:52 PM »
Good question....

At this point we only know of Rose, Bernard, Jin, Sun, Sayid, Juliette, and Kate going with Jack, right? 

I predicted (based on nothing really) that the 6 that go are people who have communicated over radio waves or satellite phone.  I say this because they would be the only ones heard if communication has been monitored, and if this truly is a cover up by whoever/whatever is behind the crash....

Even though Hurley has separated from Jack at this point, he HAS talked on the radio.  The only others are Jack and Kate who have both talked on the satellite phone. 

I'm also guessing that the others who don't leave die....or decide to stay on the island.  (Good guess, I know....real broad ideas I have....)  ::)

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 01:27:57 PM »
i think these questions will be answered in the next episode or two

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 02:32:42 PM »
I'm guessing the boaties never make it out, and we know of Jack, Kate and Hurley. Sahyd needs to pilot the chopper, so he's n.4. I'm personally betting Sawyer n.5.  The married couples are not leaving without each other, so they are out. N. 6 could be Juliette ( I hope not), or Des - who really deserves to get out!

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 09:10:17 PM »
Good question....

At this point we only know of Rose, Bernard, Jin, Sun, Sayid, Juliette, and Kate going with Jack, right? 

I predicted (based on nothing really) that the 6 that go are people who have communicated over radio waves or satellite phone.  I say this because they would be the only ones heard if communication has been monitored, and if this truly is a cover up by whoever/whatever is behind the crash....

Even though Hurley has separated from Jack at this point, he HAS talked on the radio.  The only others are Jack and Kate who have both talked on the satellite phone. 

I'm also guessing that the others who don't leave die....or decide to stay on the island.  (Good guess, I know....real broad ideas I have....)  ::)

I like the idea of he who is heard gets off 'cause it fits with what we've seen, but I wouldn't marry it just yet. Des went with Jack I think, and there must be quite a few more. I had the impression the folks we were seeing in E2 around Locke were it for him. Maybe 15? That'd leave about 25 with Jack.