Author Topic: Desmond/Ben/Naomi triangle  (Read 2400 times)

Offline msdoran

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Desmond/Ben/Naomi triangle
« on: February 11, 2008, 05:09:43 PM »
So this has been mentioned in other postings, but I thought it deserved a post all its own.

Naomi initially said she was there to rescue Desmond, but we now know that thy are all after Ben.

So, someone out in the world knows that Desmond and Ben are both on the same invisible island in the middle of nowhere.

Seems like a strong case for a definite Daddy Widmore connection. I am thinking that Ben is the primary objective, and Desmond is the secondary objective.

Thoughts?

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Desmond/Ben/Naomi triangle
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 05:16:55 PM »
my thought is that this would make sense

Offline msdoran

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 05:21:48 PM »
It makes sense, and I would not be surprised if we learn in a future flash forward that Penny was followed to Desmond by someone from her dad's organization, who then armed with the knowledge of Desmond's upcoming boat trip sabotaged his equipment to sail him right to the Island.

It would make sense. If I was a Billionaire father trying to keep a deadbeat army dropout away from my daughter, what better place to send him than to an Island that I have already been planning on assaulting and taking over. It's a twofer, Ben and Desmond murdered on an Island where they will never be found by Penny.

The only thing that does not make sense is why there was only one militant security person (naomi) sent in. Surely he had the resources to put together a team of Ex Seals/SAS soldiers who could have gone in and done the job correctly. Where are the redundancies? If we have learned anything it is that these organizations try to plan for them.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 06:33:25 PM »
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Daddy is up to his ears in the rescue operation, but I really don't think Daddy planned Des to end up on the island. For one thing it's way too iffy, Des is much more apt to die (nearly did) than reach the island. If Widmore doesn't care whether he lives then just arrange the sabotage to take effect far from any land.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 10:54:13 PM »
I think the whole meeting with Libby was part of the set up. She meets him in the airport and gives him that expensive boat. Daddy Widmore sent her to give him the boat. They set him up. The electonics could of been screwed up from the begining. It was Mr. Widmores race, so he would know Desmond signed up for it.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 10:57:26 PM »
I think the whole meeting with Libby was part of the set up. She meets him in the airport and gives him that expensive boat. Daddy Widmore sent her to give him the boat. They set him up. The electonics could of been screwed up from the begining. It was Mr. Widmores race, so he would know Desmond signed up for it.
I thought that about maybe the maps or something messed with to make him crash on the island...

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 02:45:26 PM »
Good thread.  I don't think Des is any objective at all, just a cover story.  And there was only one real way for her to obtain that picture, and that was through Penny.  Penny to Charles to Company to Naomi.  Hm.  I don't know.

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 07:46:14 PM »
Good thread.  I don't think Des is any objective at all, just a cover story.  And there was only one real way for her to obtain that picture, and that was through Penny.  Penny to Charles to Company to Naomi.  Hm.  I don't know.
Penny's intentions will be revealed to be not necessarily good, in a future jaw dropper.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 07:53:17 PM »
Yeah I don't really trust that lady.  I just don't want to.  I'm thinking that the whole thing may have been a set up for des, poor guy.  But there are so many holes in that I don't even want to think about it!

Offline CurtYanko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 09:09:03 PM »
This was my thought to at the time as it makes sense and seems logical. But now that theories are connecting Abaddon is being linked to Smokey I'm rethinking it. Now we are talking about someone for whom aquisition or even duplication of that picture may be quite easy.

It also seems odd that Naomi's cover story is not the same cover story that the freighter 4 used.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 09:11:10 PM »
That is a good point, Curt.  It could be that since one of their members is down, they had to switch to plan B or something.  But I can't say that Naomi was really there for Des because Penny didn't know anything about it...!

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 01:19:26 AM »
one thing i dont get. wasnt there only one copy of that picture, the one desmond keeps on him at all times. how did penny or for that matter naomi get a copy of it.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 10:07:48 AM »
one thing i dont get. wasnt there only one copy of that picture, the one desmond keeps on him at all times. how did penny or for that matter naomi get a copy of it.

* cough...alternate reality...cough*

Offline joshzam

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 10:10:47 AM »
Two photos, you say? Like two airplanes? Or two Bunny 15's?

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2008, 10:12:13 AM »
Two photos, you say? Like two airplanes? Or two Bunny 15's?

uh huh.  ;)  (Don't you think there were two Bunny #8's in Sawyer's ep last year?)