Author Topic: The Cow & another Station not found...  (Read 6700 times)

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
The Cow & another Station not found...
« on: February 11, 2008, 12:35:52 PM »
I have seen some threads already about people questioning why the cow? Here's why the cow was shown to us in this past ep.
When the pilot reaches the top of the ridge I was expecting him to have a gun shoved in his face and it possibly being Locke. But to my surprise it was the old cow from the FLAME station. This leads me to a theory that many have speculated about for some time about another station on the island but at a higher altitude and used for meteorological testing. Now from the past two rescues there has been an issue with the helicopters being hit by some sort of electrical lighting. Could this lighting be produced from this station and shot at incoming mechanical objects knocking their electrical equipment out for a short period of time?
I am assuming that the station would be up higher on the volcanoe.

Offline lostatsea

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: The Cow & another Station not found...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 12:41:14 PM »
could the electrical interference be coming from the Smokey fence thing?

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 12:55:22 PM »
It's def. not from the fence. Each time something has flown near the island a electrical charge has been sent. This is not the same charge that brought down OC815. There would be enough of a charge similar to lighting that would knock say a helicopter out for a few seconds not doing enough damge but eough to cripple it for a short period.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 01:06:15 PM »
I have seen some threads already about people questioning why the cow? Here's why the cow was shown to us in this past ep.
When the pilot reaches the top of the ridge I was expecting him to have a gun shoved in his face and it possibly being Locke. But to my surprise it was the old cow from the FLAME station. This leads me to a theory that many have speculated about for some time about another station on the island but at a higher altitude and used for meteorological testing. Now from the past two rescues there has been an issue with the helicopters being hit by some sort of electrical lighting. Could this lighting be produced from this station and shot at incoming mechanical objects knocking their electrical equipment out for a short period of time?
I am assuming that the station would be up higher on the volcanoe.

Was that the cow from the flame?  I forgot about that.  I thought it was going to be from the pilot's past like Kate's horse.  He seemed to be saying "I saw a cow" as if asking for someone to confirm that it was real.

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 04:16:54 PM »
There were cows at the Flame:

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 04:22:22 PM »
Hard to tell if it is the same bull, can you get a close up of his balls?  :o   ;D

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 04:39:48 PM »

How about just a close up of his bell(s)  :D
(sorry)

Offline FrostyLosty

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 04:58:50 PM »
LMAO Wishbone.
This would explain why they were so eager for the 'rescuers' to jump out of the helicopter. Although it showed that the pilot bought the helicopter down. But they did ask him whether he crashed the helicopter as if it was almost inevitable.

Blackrock Bob

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 05:53:16 PM »
Smokey or a real cow. Hard to tell on this island.
I vote cow from the flame. It has wandered off after Locke blew it up.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 06:45:11 PM »
With respect to electrical interference, we know the Island has electromagnetic anomalies all its own. It's one of the reasons Dharma came here. I don't think we need to postulate anything more than that these anomalies cause instruments to go haywire.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 08:45:35 PM »
the cow was in time travel...the cow was originally in the fridge that Kate looked in at the Flame...

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 09:08:44 PM »
lol i must say.. that cow looks pretty effing cool.. the way he's just like "what upppp wit itttttt"

:D

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 09:11:27 PM »
Yeah, he must be used to seeing strangers all over the island...its a normal day in a cows life on island...lol

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 09:12:58 PM »
haha.. its so funny he just wanders off like its no big deal that this weirdo is 5 feet beside him

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 10:57:43 PM »

"Great Cheese Comes From Happy Cows. Happy Cows Come from......strange Island???"