Author Topic: is this the first time?  (Read 2959 times)

Offline gods_child

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
is this the first time?
« on: February 09, 2008, 01:10:40 PM »
u know that plane that crashed in 4X02, the one nobody believes is the really 815? it must b another plane in other words i think this isn't the first time a plane crashed on the island, how could Ben really think of a super complicated plan on the fly when he saw 815 crash. the only explaination is that he did it b4 and it seems that he covered up any trace of the last crash.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: is this the first time?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 03:39:34 PM »
Maybe they've lost more than 815.  Found this on hansoair.org:
"With Oceanic Airlines filing for bankruptcy during the holiday season of 2005 following the bizarre disappearances of several Pacific Ocean flights in 2004 the company welcomed the friendly takeover from its former partner, the Hanso Foundation."

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 06:01:59 PM »
Y'know, I've wondered about this for a while. If Desmond being late to push the button was enough to crash 815, you'd think that the hatch implosion would have had planes dropping like flies.....

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 06:04:46 PM »
Except the pilot admitted to being off-course by 1000 miles. Maybe planes normally don't fly close enough to the island for them to be pulled in by an EM force.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 06:26:53 PM »
True, but this second one was truly massive, apparently strong enough to be recorded in Antarctica.....

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 04:29:48 AM »
Maybe there were palne crashes before.  The whisperers mentioned a plane crash.  Here's a part of the transcript from Lostpedia:

"There is [an explanation/a resolution] and I bet you haven't thought of it"
"What is it?"
"He's been in a plane crash"
"Are you sure?"
"I know what it's like for a plane to crash"

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 04:32:02 AM »
Of course there was the Beechcraft.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 04:34:48 AM »
Some people think Adam and Eve are Amelia Earhart and Fred Noonan.  I was one of them.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 06:33:04 PM »
The find815 game had a part were Sam was on the Chritiana 1. He was listening to the radio and it started playing the news report of Amelia's disappearance. Very similar to the scene with Hurley and Sayid on the beach. Don't give up that theory yet.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 11:55:11 PM »
Thanks, Juggy.  Some of our earliest mysteries and theories seem to be getting lost in the shuffle. 

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 12:57:57 PM »
Some people think Adam and Eve are Amelia Earhart and Fred Noonan.  I was one of them.
The find815 game had a part were Sam was on the Chritiana 1. He was listening to the radio and it started playing the news report of Amelia's disappearance. Very similar to the scene with Hurley and Sayid on the beach. Don't give up that theory yet.

I could get on board with this theory.  I've even thought that Earhart will be found to still be alive on the island (maybe shacking up with Richard! ;D)

I'd be convinced if the show played out just like the game, but they changed things up a bit so now I'm not so sure anymore.  :-\

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 06:08:14 PM »

I could get on board with this theory.  I've even thought that Earhart will be found to still be alive on the island (maybe shacking up with Richard! ;D)

There is an Amelia on the show and some of us have speculated that she's Earhart. She's the older lady that helped Juliet with her burned hand back in the Season 3 opener.

Offline TheGoodPeople

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 06:13:51 PM »

There is an Amelia on the show and some of us have speculated that she's Earhart. She's the older lady that helped Juliet with her burned hand back in the Season 3 opener.

i remember picking up on that and thiking the same thing. ive been off of the boards for a while.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 04:53:10 PM »
Maybe they've lost more than 815.  Found this on hansoair.org:
"With Oceanic Airlines filing for bankruptcy during the holiday season of 2005 following the bizarre disappearances of several Pacific Ocean flights in 2004 the company welcomed the friendly takeover from its former partner, the Hanso Foundation."

HansoAir.org is a hoax site.

http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Minor_imitation_websites#HansoAir