Author Topic: Flash Forward Or Barely Forward...  (Read 3657 times)

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Flash Forward Or Barely Forward...
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2008, 06:24:03 PM »
but if time moves faster on the island than the rest of the world did they have to go back in time to get to the place in the flashforwards?  you know what.  i'm done watching lost.  i'm going to pick up something less mind boggling.  like dora the explorer.

Oh, I don't know, Ashley, Dora has a little adventure every week - has to go to some wacky places, and then there's that Swiper guy.  He's kind of like Ben.  I'm not sure Dora would be a complete track jump.

And if you stop watching Lost, I will be so confused that I will have to stop watching. Amy will be in trouble without her viewing buddy.  SWLS would crash.  Utter mayhem would ensue.  You better stick it out.  ;)

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2008, 09:46:59 PM »
Um... I've said this before....

If time moves differently on and off the island, how did Charlie manage to have a realtime conversation with Penny?

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2008, 09:54:43 PM »
Um... I've said this before....

If time moves differently on and off the island, how did Charlie manage to have a realtime conversation with Penny?

Time wrinkle...?

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2008, 10:44:03 PM »
Um, you're going to have to expand on that a little...

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2008, 10:47:24 PM »
i don't see how time could move differently on the island.  i thought it could be possible before i saw the flashforwards.  its what...december 2004 on the island, and April 2007 in the flashforwards or there abouts?  the only way for time to move differently on the island would  be for the losties to come back to the real world, in 2007, and miss a year or two of their life.  or they had to go back in time to hit 2007.  but i'm thinking that it is all real time on the island.  they may end up being there for about a year, then off the island for a year before we saw jack's flashforward.  either way, if time was different synching up again would be a pain.

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2008, 11:48:49 PM »
I agree with Maggie on this one.  Up until 4.1 I thought it was possible that time moved differently, but it just doesn't feel like it anymore - I think we would have been clued in if that were the case when we started seeing the flashbacks for the Dream Team in 4.2.  I mean, I guess I don't have any hard evidence, but I just don't get the feeling the story is headed in that direction.  It's kind of like now that we're seeing realtime interactions between Lostaways and other-world characters we would have a better idea if there was some sort of a time wrinkle.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2008, 02:17:03 PM »
i don't see how time could move differently on the island.  i thought it could be possible before i saw the flashforwards.  its what...december 2004 on the island, and April 2007 in the flashforwards or there abouts?  the only way for time to move differently on the island would  be for the losties to come back to the real world, in 2007, and miss a year or two of their life.  or they had to go back in time to hit 2007.  but i'm thinking that it is all real time on the island.  they may end up being there for about a year, then off the island for a year before we saw jack's flashforward.  either way, if time was different synching up again would be a pain.

I agree with Maggie on this one.  Up until 4.1 I thought it was possible that time moved differently, but it just doesn't feel like it anymore - I think we would have been clued in if that were the case when we started seeing the flashbacks for the Dream Team in 4.2.  I mean, I guess I don't have any hard evidence, but I just don't get the feeling the story is headed in that direction.  It's kind of like now that we're seeing realtime interactions between Lostaways and other-world characters we would have a better idea if there was some sort of a time wrinkle.

this is what i like to see, people are coming around now......lol

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2008, 05:56:06 PM »

this is what i like to see, people are coming around now......lol

And about time!  ;)