Author Topic: Desmond/Ben/Naomi triangle  (Read 2403 times)

Offline FoxyMama

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Desmond/Ben/Naomi triangle
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 02:08:12 PM »
It would make sense. If I was a Billionaire father trying to keep a deadbeat army dropout away from my daughter, what better place to send him than to an Island that I have already been planning on assaulting and taking over. It's a twofer, Ben and Desmond murdered on an Island where they will never be found by Penny.

I like that idea.  There had to be more to it than just getting the deadbeat away from his daughter though.  Maybe Widmore knew something about what would end up happening or that Desmond was meant to do something, or just something related to the time travel issues.   ???  I don't know.  Regardless, Widmore could have had him directed there knowing Penny could never find him.

Also, he would have gotten a copy of the photo from Penny by volunteering to "help" her find Desmond, and then use the opportunity to find Ben. (?)  I know all of these ideas are jumbled and crazy, but so is Lost, so I don't feel so bad.   ;D

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2008, 02:10:54 PM »
It would make sense. If I was a Billionaire father trying to keep a deadbeat army dropout away from my daughter, what better place to send him than to an Island that I have already been planning on assaulting and taking over. It's a twofer, Ben and Desmond murdered on an Island where they will never be found by Penny.

I like that idea.  There had to be more to it than just getting the deadbeat away from his daughter though.  Maybe Widmore knew something about what would end up happening or that Desmond was meant to do something, or just something related to the time travel issues.   ???  I don't know.  Regardless, Widmore could have had him directed there knowing Penny could never find him.

Also, he would have gotten a copy of the photo from Penny by volunteering to "help" her find Desmond, and then use the opportunity to find Ben. (?)  I know all of these ideas are jumbled and crazy, but so is Lost, so I don't feel so bad.   ;D

Don't feel bad.  I like that idea of how Daddy got the pic.  I want to see that episode!!!

Blackrock Bob

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2008, 04:46:14 PM »
Wasn't that photo beside Penny's bed too at the end of Season 2?

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2008, 07:59:36 PM »
Yes it was.  And she was sleeping in a BIIIIIG bed really close to one side.  I was expecting Paik or someone to pop up and say "who was that honey?"

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2008, 09:28:22 PM »
Yes it was.  And she was sleeping in a BIIIIIG bed really close to one side.  I was expecting Paik or someone to pop up and say "who was that honey?"

Ewwwwwww!!!! Paik?!?!  No one goes from Desmond to Paik!

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 10:04:32 PM »
I agree with the eeewwww... It seems unlikely that Penny would keep that picture by her bed if she'd gone on to another relationship.

On another point, is there some reason to believe there was only one copy of that photo? It's awfully easy to make copies....

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 10:55:41 PM »
it is easy to make copies.  but penny and des recieved one each at the pier.  and usually when one makes copies it is because they want to remmeber the moment or send it to friends and family, but a little strange to do after a bitter break up.  i think neither penny nor des made copies, it was special enough to have that one thing of the relationship to hold onto.  i'd say penny's dad had something to do with it.  it wasn't just  a copy of the picture naomi had, was it?  wasn't it printed off on a full sheet of paper and then folded in half? 

Offline FoxyMama

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 10:17:23 AM »
Yeah, Naomi's copy looked like someone scanned and printed it off a computer, paper was bigger than the pic.  I still think that Penny probably made some copies to give to her Dad so he could help her search for Desmond, or so he would have her believe.   ;)

Offline bubbles

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2008, 06:00:54 PM »
It seems to me that id Widmore wanted Desmond dead that it would have been much easier to have some thug kill him in a dark alley and make it look like a mugging or something.  Why go to all the trouble with the boat and Libby and all that?  Seems like you are leaving an aweful lot up to chance.

Maybe Widmore is like Ms Hawking and the guy from the Abbey.  Maybe he is trying to puch Desmond toward a certain fate for some reason.

How this all relates to Naomi and the picture, I have NO idea!

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2008, 06:04:49 PM »
I have no idea either, but I am so excited Bubbles is here!

((((TALLAHASSEE))))