Author Topic: What If We Find Survivors From 815?  (Read 5084 times)

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: What If We Find Survivors From 815?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2008, 09:57:16 PM »
I think that they will show that each of the rescue team have some relationship to the island.  That is the only way that they would be allowed through the island's perimeter.

Welcome, Mom. I think they all have a personal reason for being there, though in the pilot's case it appears to be more about 815.

On the second point, none of our Losties had a relationship with the island till they got there....

None of them had relationships that we know of.  ;)

Offline DaveDargo

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 08:54:12 AM »
I think that they will show that each of the rescue team have some relationship to the island.  That is the only way that they would be allowed through the island's perimeter.

Maybe like with Ben and his man on the boat.  Maybe the boat has a man on the island (Desmond perhaps)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 08:55:59 AM by DaveDargo »

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 02:05:47 PM »

Maybe like with Ben and his man on the boat.  Maybe the boat has a man on the island (Desmond perhaps)
nope, i don't buy it.  desmond has been on the island for too long to be one of the boat people.

Offline footballmom10

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2008, 05:12:10 PM »
I guess that, what I meant, is that the rescue team have screwed up lives and are lost.

Offline footballmom10

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2008, 05:12:56 PM »
and therefore need the island.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2008, 06:16:58 PM »
Agreed.  They've come for their own reasons, but the island is going to affect them more than they've bargained for.  The writers seem to have a better chance of showing this island effect better with them than with poor despised Nikki and Paulo.  But I think it's really important that the island affects everyone - not just the Losties.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 07:26:17 PM »
Could the island being using the freighter crew as replacements for those who may have died already?
Does the island need a anthropoligist, piolt, physicist, and a ghost buster?

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 08:29:34 PM »
Possibly....but it sounded to me like Naomi was supposed to get them off of the island again, so even if the island did need those positions filled they'd be gone after they dealt with Ben.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2008, 09:42:02 PM »
I think it meant that if they found any survivors naomi was supposed to kill them, but she didnt count on being rescued and taken in by them.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2008, 10:32:40 PM »
Hmm... The island's playing hard to get, then. Crashed one chopper and nearly the second.

Didn't Naomi claim that the helicopter that brought her to the island crashed into the ocean? If so, could that be a lie? And was the pilot Frank, or someone else? While not unheard of, it strikes me as unlikely that the Boaties would bring two helicopters along on its decks.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2008, 10:38:36 PM »
Could the island being using the freighter crew as replacements for those who may have died already?
Does the island need a anthropoligist, piolt, physicist, and a ghost buster?

I'm not sure about the island, but the story does need these people now.  If they had been among Losties, we would have gotten too much science, overwhelming the mysterious nature of the island, too soon.  Coming as they have now, we'll start to get more questions to gnaw on at first, and then someone 'qualified' to provide some answers.  They'll continue to germinate more debate on the boards, too. 

I hope they stick around awhile!

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2008, 05:07:31 PM »
What LoA said!