Author Topic: What If We Find Survivors From 815?  (Read 5085 times)

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
What If We Find Survivors From 815?
« on: February 08, 2008, 06:59:50 PM »
Out of the thousands of islands in the pacific and millions of square miles....

Why would Naomi suspect that the plane crashed on this island and why would she suspect that there were survivors?

Abaddon/Naomi had some notion of the island's capabilities/properties before the mission.  The idea that a plane was lost and impossible to find led them to suspect that the island was a place where such an event could happen.  Additionally, Naomi knew that a crash on this island was not the same as a crash elsewhere.  (A normal altitude loss of control/crash doesn't produce survivors).  Finally, Naomi knew that although the man they were pursueing (Ben) and the others were diabolic, they would not kill the survivors.  Therefore, she must have some understanding of why Ben would want to keep them alive (baby factories). 

So, it's starting to look like Abaddon is in charge of the cover-up.  Naomi's flash may have been back.  Dan, Frank, and Miles' may have had flash forwards or flashbacks.  If they were forwards, then whatever got them off the island altered their memories and/or possibly reality.

Ya, lot of theories. 

But, again, why would Naomi suspect that the survivors were upon this specific island.

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: What If We Find Survivors From 815?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 07:05:14 PM »
I personally dont think Daniel and the crew got off the Island, Abaddons question 'are they alive' suggests that he needs Hurley to confirm that they are either dead or stuck on the Island.

Blackrock Bob

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 07:19:15 PM »
I personally dont think Daniel and the crew got off the Island, Abaddons question 'are they alive' suggests that he needs Hurley to confirm that they are either dead or stuck on the Island.

I agree, the "Are they alive" didn't seem directed at the rest of the Oceanic survivors.
Why Naomi thinks they might find survivors, is that Abaddon's people (company/agency/whatever) did the cover up.
I think that the Pilot was picked because he knew of the cover-up and was close to the flight.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 07:20:33 PM »
He does not appear concern in his flashback, so why would he care about the Losties now. He is wondering about his crew.

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 07:23:20 PM »

I agree, the "Are they alive" didn't seem directed at the rest of the Oceanic survivors.
Why Naomi thinks they might find survivors, is that Abaddon's people (company/agency/whatever) did the cover up.
I think that the Pilot was picked because he knew of the cover-up and was close to the flight.

agreed, "drunk pilot" was picked because he found out about the cover up and was probably never intended to come back :) Naomi might have had orders to get rid of him once his pilot skilz were no longer needed (probably never were, Naomi seemed like that kind of operative that could do mostly anything! Lost's very own Alias :))

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 07:23:49 PM »
He does not appear concern in his flashback, so why would he care about the Losties now. He is wondering about his crew.

ALMOST agreed!!! :D

he is wondering about all! BEN included! ;)

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 09:21:33 PM »
I think there's more communication between on and off island than we've been led to believe so far. Abaddan's group somehow got wind that 815 was at least in the area of the Island.

Heck, another possibility is that maybe the freighter's been out there a long time and they saw the plane. Naomi's team could be a new addition for all we know.

I think we're gonna find that all four have a Dharma connection and so have a reason to hate Ben.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 10:49:38 PM »
I think the crew is being played.  The island is still "invisible" so Abaddon needed a group that had a shot of making it.  Having a ghost talker and the pilot that was spose to be there anyway opened the front door.  The island brought them there.  The reason for the other folks?  Time will tell.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 11:14:05 PM »
Hmm... The island's playing hard to get, then. Crashed one chopper and nearly the second.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 11:32:46 PM »
one thing i cant figure out is, why if ben is their ultimate goal and naomi is such a highly trained operative didnt she make and attempt to kill/abduct him earlier?

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2008, 12:02:36 AM »
one thing i cant figure out is, why if ben is their ultimate goal and naomi is such a highly trained operative didnt she make and attempt to kill/abduct him earlier?

Because she had a knife in her back? I mean, realistically...this was supposed to be somewhat of a covert operation. What's Naomi going to do? "Um, sorry guys but I have to take your prisoner here and bring him back to my ship. I'll send someone for you really. Promise."

I mean, she probably didn't expect the survivors (even knowing that the plane crashed on the island). What was she supposed to do? NOT rescue them? I don't get the feeling that Natalie is a bad person, just skilled. She might have really wanted to rescue them. Maybe she figured that Ben would automatically be part of the package, so kill two birds with one stone.

On another tangent...the fact that Charlotte was skeptical about the ocean wreck, and she knows something of Dharma...and that Naomi and Oceanic guy knew that 815 crashed on the island...And Naomi knew that Desmond was on the island....I am beginning to believe again that they were brought to the island for a reason. I still think of the incredible coincidence that Eko just happened to land on the same obscure island that his brother crashed on years earlier. Jack just happens to be a spinal surgeon crashing 2 days after Ben found out he had a spinal tumor.

Coincidence? I think not...

Offline footballmom10

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 06:16:03 PM »
I think that they will show that each of the rescue team have some relationship to the island.  That is the only way that they would be allowed through the island's perimeter.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 06:31:17 PM »

i agree, he was definitely talking about the crew

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 06:34:05 PM »
I think that they will show that each of the rescue team have some relationship to the island.  That is the only way that they would be allowed through the island's perimeter.

I agree with this.  They got on because the island allowed it, not because Abbadon manipulated it.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2008, 09:50:53 PM »

Welcome, Mom. I think they all have a personal reason for being there, though in the pilot's case it appears to be more about 815.

On the second point, none of our Losties had a relationship with the island till they got there....