Author Topic: Naomi's Specialities?  (Read 4544 times)

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Naomi's Specialities?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 09:39:18 PM »
I just think that it is ultimately creepy to have a real dead person with their eyes open!  C'mon, thats just not right. 
I hate to tell you this, but dead people have open eyes and mouths.  The muscles relax and that's what happens.

Blackrock Bob

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 09:41:50 PM »
Patchy is dead, even if he let the grenade go and swam as fast as he could, the shockwaves in the water would kill him.
Naomi is dead, ghostbuster dude said so.

Someone should close the open eyes, I guess.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 09:43:48 PM »
It's the decent thing to do.

Offline uofapiglet

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 09:49:41 PM »
Frosty, I had the same thought when I watched the meeting between Abaddon and Naomi. I asked myself, why was she picked as the leader, and why did she parachute onto the island alone (was it even accidental?) if it was a group mission?

Also, if Naomi knew all along that Ben was the intended target of their mission, why didn't she just untie him immediately and leave? Obviously she needed the radio that Kate took and probably didn't intend on getting killed... but she could have said another code phrase instead of "tell my sister i love her"... she could have said, "tell my mom she's awesome" (aka "I saw Benjamin Linus! He's here dude! Come and get us!")...

The only thing I could think of is that Ben may be the initial target, but that the island(s?) itself is the what they are looking for... If anything, I'd say her specialty is lying, if not then a scout/negotiator...

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2008, 11:16:34 PM »
She had the military background. She would be the lead person to make it easier for the others. She was the scout person. It worked perfect until Locke killed her. It was a perfect plan, she had them all won over until Rambo I mean Locke

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 09:28:04 PM »
It's the decent thing to do.

I think this was to prove to us that she's really dead this time.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 09:41:00 PM »
You notice though that she didn't warrant burial.  Our Losties are usually pretty serious about that.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 10:42:55 PM »
I wouldn't make too much of that, Lakkie. Clearly it's up to the boat people to decide what to do with one of their own. And they did. They'll take her back on a later trip.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 10:44:17 PM »
Yeah, only to have her pop up and say "where is eko? i have a message for him from his brother"

Offline Lady Penelope

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2008, 07:05:28 AM »
Hi All,

Something I noticed was when she was talking to that guy about the op to go to the island she said, "what if we run into survivors from 815"? That means she knows where the plane went down. How would she know that?

???

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2008, 09:25:17 AM »
I postulated one possibility in another thread: Maybe the boat's been out in the general vicinity of the island for a while. If so, they might have actually seen the plane. The coverup would be in part a misdirection to keep people from looking in the neighborhood of the island. And the Dream Team is a late addition to the Boat, now that they think they have a better idea where the island is.

But it's just a wild guess. We don't really know.