Author Topic: How does Desmond fit into all of this?  (Read 2603 times)

Offline MichiganFan

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
How does Desmond fit into all of this?
« on: February 08, 2008, 02:33:08 PM »
We know that the four new people were led by Naomi, and their primary objective seems to be Ben. Last season, Naomi landed with the Desmond/Penny photo and she claimed that it was Penny's boat. Then it turned out, according to Charlie, to not be Pennys boat.

It will be interesting to see how they link things back to Desmond... unless Ben's man on the boat is Kelvin. He seems to have "died" in the same place where Miles landed. Kelvin would have had time to scan the photo and get it to Ben. This would explain how Naomi got an copy of the photo.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: How does Desmond fit into all of this?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 02:58:47 PM »
Kelvin as the man on the boat would be more elegant than having Michael there, as suggested elsewhere.  It could also be someone, not yet seen, working for Ben at 'Mittelos Bioscience'. 

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 03:03:50 PM »
this could make sense (kelvin being on the boat)

what ever happened to desmonds sail boat?

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 03:20:14 PM »
And BTW, which team did Des stick with, Jack or Locke? I didin't see him in either.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 03:24:07 PM »
The others have the sail boat, took it when fron sun, jin and sayid.
Des is with Jack

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 03:26:41 PM »
My understanding is that Naomi set off with a picture of Ben, like the one Miles had, however when Desmond saved Charlie's life in the jungle just before they found Naomi, the shift of Desmond changing the future made the photo turn out to be Penny.
I think thats what was portrayed at the time however I suppose anything could happen. I happen to think Penny has no idea who these people are, her dad Charles on the otherhand.......

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 03:33:47 PM »
That is  a lot to get from that scene. How about Widmore is behind the expedition. He is paying for it. They know that they might find815 passengers and have knowledge of where Des might be. Naomi's said they might find 815 survivors. So Naomi's cover was finding Desmond, the other 4 is rescuing the Losties. I do not believe the pictured changed.

Blackrock Bob

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 03:36:25 PM »
Kelvin as the man on the boat would be more elegant than having Michael there, as suggested elsewhere.  It could also be someone, not yet seen, working for Ben at 'Mittelos Bioscience'. 

As much as my heart would love for this to be true....I'm afraid that we won't be seeing Clancy Brown anytime soon, even in flashbacks.

So, yeah. Other people think Kelvin is alive? I think I'm feeling much better now.

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 04:05:12 PM »
Hello everyone, I missed you all from last season. At the end of last season when Jack talks to the man on the phone for the first time,the voice on the phone sounded just like Kelvin. It could be him.

Offline joeboo

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 05:17:40 PM »
You're right solost, it did sound A LOT like him.  hmmm.  But Kelvin was with dharma I thought.
Maybe Kelvin was actually like Mikhail and claimed to be Dharma but was really working with the others. It makes some sense.

How did he get on the freighter though?

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 07:58:31 PM »
I think the voice of boat guy on the phone was too perky to be Kelvin.  After imdb-ing Clancy Brown:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000317/

I was surprised to see he does the voice of Mr. Krabs.  And that he does a LOT of voicework.  It could be that Clancy prefers that over acting gigs.  Which would lessen the chance that it'll be Kelvin on the boat...  leaving Patchy as our likeliest candidate? It's not like he wasn't already in the area, and still in possession of miraculous healing powers.  And after his Looking Glass killing spree, he could have swum up to Des's boat, called Ben on a walkie, and gotten new instructions to head out to Naomi's Boat.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 08:12:47 PM »
I think the makes Clancy Brown even more likely.  Patchy is dead, so he's the most unlikely of all.  And it doesn't make any sense for it to be Michael, but he's at least more likely than dead Patchy.

Even if Patchy wasn't dead (which he is), it's kind of hard to have someone with an eye patch suddenly appearing on a boat out of nowhere and acting inconspicuous and getting all of this information to foil the boaties and relay it back to Ben.  Patchy has only been dead for a day and he's been on the island the whole time.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 08:14:32 PM by Maxor127 »

Offline sherifkarama

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 08:23:50 PM »
i don't know about all that...kelvin is dead right? the day the plane crashed..tho, if he's working for ben, wouldnt he have mentionned desmond's boat in the first place?

also, i somehow don't think mikhail is dead. he died a few times already and seems to defy death somehow.

Remember when locke pushes him across the fence, and he smiles with a thank you, right before expiring. he had blood from his ears etc, im sure he really died. but he seems to don't mind death so much. just like richard doesn't seem to mind almost 30years passing and not an extra wrinkle or gray hair?

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2008, 12:00:45 AM »
what if widmore is funding this and ben is really the primary target, but he somehow knows that desmond is on this island (still pushing the button for all he knows) and he give the one who appears to be some sort of special forces operative the picture as a sort of bonus because he knows that his daughter still loves him and is looking for him. basically telling her, get this ben guy, but if you happen to run into this loser my daughter is obsessed with, rub him out.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2008, 12:24:04 AM »
I think that's a real possibility, Hyper!