Author Topic: Gas Masks  (Read 2765 times)

Offline therealsawyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Gas Masks
« on: February 08, 2008, 02:52:32 AM »
The gas masks in the trunk that was thrown from the helicopter makes me think that these people were sent by DHARMA or are somehow connected to them.  It also shows that they have knowledge of the purge and how it took place.

Any thoughts?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Gas Masks
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 02:58:34 AM »
The gas masks in the trunk that was thrown from the helicopter makes me think that these people were sent by DHARMA or are somehow connected to them.  It also shows that they have knowledge of the purge and how it took place.

Any thoughts?
My thoughts are....

:)

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 03:02:45 AM »
The lady anthropologist at least has an inkling about Dharma.  The polar bear skeleton had a collar with a Dharma logo on it.  Hydra.  And they're there to get Ben.  I think they are Dharma.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 03:03:18 AM »

Any thoughts?
My thoughts are....

:)
That's cute...and I agree LOL

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 03:05:54 AM »
The lady anthropologist at least has an inkling about Dharma.  The polar bear skeleton had a collar with a Dharma logo on it.  Hydra.  And they're there to get Ben.  I think they are Dharma.

She also had alot of cash and seemed to be looking for the collar at the dig. I think you are right, I think we are seeing the new Dharma people.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 03:10:13 AM »

She also had alot of cash and seemed to be looking for the collar at the dig. I think you are right, I think we are seeing the new Dharma people.
The fields of Dharma research noted in the Swan film were meteorology, psychology, parapsychology, zoology, & electromagnetism, but a physicist & an archaeologist would certainly have interest in the Island's unique properties/ past.

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 03:26:43 AM »
What did one new Dharma peep say to the other whilst donning a gas mask?

"Ben a while since I've seen you around."

I believe they may indeed be new Dharma peeps.

breathy cheers
*Des8

Offline ActivityGrrrl

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 05:13:26 AM »

LOL

Yeah, and planning a nu-purge of their own...

[PL, glad to see you added that 'noodle' quote - I saw the other day that you said you would...]

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 10:31:37 AM »
Does the fact that they packed gas masks point to Dharma being behind the mission?  Who else would know about the previous use of gas on the island?  They are after Ben, the mastermind of the purge.  I think we all assumed that Abbadon was connected with Dharma, but is that enough evidence?

If true, my question would be why is Dharma still sending food to the island if they know all their people have been killed? 

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 10:49:49 AM »

breathy cheers
*Des8
you rock!

i think these are new dharma, but i don't know if they really realize they ARE dharma, but more that they are being paid to do research on the FORMER dharma and what happened to them.  

i don't think the masks are for a NEW purge, but just for safety reasons in case they need them.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 10:51:09 AM »
I would say they knew about the purge and came prepared in case they tried the same technigue again.

Offline Alvarandthechipmunks

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 10:53:14 AM »

breathy cheers
*Des8
you rock!

i think these are new dharma, but i don't know if they really realize they ARE dharma, but more that they are being paid to do research on the FORMER dharma and what happened to them.  

i don't think the masks are for a NEW purge, but just for safety reasons in case they need them.

I thought at first they didn't know they were somehow involved with Dharma, but then when Charlotte "smiled" when seeing that Bear Collar, that blew that idea......She knewthat was Dharma related.

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 10:55:15 AM »
Does the fact that they packed gas masks point to Dharma being behind the mission?  Who else would know about the previous use of gas on the island?  They are after Ben, the mastermind of the purge.  I think we all assumed that Abbadon was connected with Dharma, but is that enough evidence?

If true, my question would be why is Dharma still sending food to the island if they know all their people have been killed? 
Very good point.
If they knew of the purge, they wouldn't, would they?
Unless having people still living in the island (and somehow still being part of the island experiment) is more important than the fact they are a murderous bunch lead by a pschyco?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 10:58:15 AM »
WHo ever sent them has had contact with adult Ben. THey had his picture. He could of told them about the purge, asking for their help, then turned on them

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 06:20:03 PM »
OK, I agree they're probably neo Dharma. It does seem pretty clear that they know about the purge, and that it used gas, and that they know Ben played a big role in it.

Food drops from Dharma may have continued in hopes there were survivors of the purge. And from what we know of Kelvin, they were probably right.