Author Topic: Members of the Freighter "Dream Team"  (Read 3720 times)

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Members of the Freighter "Dream Team"
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2008, 06:34:57 PM »
Something like 'the light didnt fall right'?

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2008, 09:07:27 PM »
The light doesn't disperse? diffract? normally.

I think this is a clue to why the island is invisible from the outside world. I.e. doesn't show up on satellite images, isn't seen by planes flying overhead.

This guy looks to me like one of those borderline genius/nutcase scientists. He can't remember Naomi's code words, but probably can recite the entire periodic table.

I suspect the woman he's with at the beginning is someone we know... Maybe Olivia?
Maybe a grown up Annie?

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2008, 09:59:19 PM »
There is a thread up about the way the light doesn't diffuse properly.  This is most likely an electromagnetic anomaly.

cbw: you and me and the Team of Faith, brother.

That still allows for The Others' viewpoint, which had been around far longer, to view Dharma's Buddhist philosophies and experimentations as somehow a sacrilege to their own, prior relgious interpretations of the powers of the island.

I concur.  The Others (the pure ones) are Team of Faith.

Since their introduction in the Orientation films, I've speculated that the DeGroots were key to this faction of DHARMA, even though they are actual scientists.  Often in the films, the group is referred to as something like "DeGroots/Hanso" and this represents the two factions of The Initiative.  The blast door map references "AH/MDG Incident" (Alvar Hanso/M___ DeGroots?) as well D.I.H.G. (DHARMA Initiative Hanso Group...ie before or after the pesky idealists?).

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2008, 11:53:45 PM »
what if miles is here specifically to talk to jacob or smokey, or hell maybe even charlie.