Author Topic: Return of Greg Grunberg!  (Read 2599 times)

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Return of Greg Grunberg!
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 12:57:14 PM »
They made it obvious by the drunk pilot's reaction that the pilot on tv wasn't who we saw on the island.  But this doesn't tell us anything, yet.  The crash site could be a fake. OR it's 815 in a MPU.  If it's an MPU, maybe Grunberg the pilot wasn't married this time or maybe the drunk pilot never called in stupified that day (or whatever it was that kept him from flying 815).

The only thing I do know is that as hungry as the media may be sometimes, they would NEVER show a rotting body on tv out of respect for the family.  Even on 911, they stopped the closeups of the towers when they realised that it was more than debris falling out of the windows and they never showed the bodies on the ground.  I don't know how else they could have gotten this point across, but I thought this was a very sloppy way to write it in to the story.

That's my only complaint, though, otherwise great episode!

Offline DefyxGrandeur

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 02:15:53 PM »

The only thing I do know is that as hungry as the media may be sometimes, they would NEVER show a rotting body on tv out of respect for the family.  Even on 911, they stopped the closeups of the towers when they realised that it was more than debris falling out of the windows and they never showed the bodies on the ground.  I don't know how else they could have gotten this point across, but I thought this was a very sloppy way to write it in to the story.

I'm suprised by this. I'm from the UK and we see bodies in the News, and papers all the time. Countless times I've seen bodies from the war in Iraq, whenever anything is shown of TV about 9/11 they show the close ups. Even just a few weeks back there was a disgusting photo printed in a local newspaper showing a man that had been mauled by a tiger.

I'm not condoning this by all means, I find it to be highly disrespectful. I was just genuinely suprised that alot of people think it's so odd to have been shown the body of the pilot.

Offline jillybean4u

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 06:13:57 PM »
I paused my DVR as soon as I saw the pic of the Pilot...  I always thought it was funny that they gave a name actor such a tiny roll.

JJ & Greg are life long friends, going back to I think junior high.I would be surprised if Greg's NOT in Star Trek.The guy behind Heroes is a good friend of theirs also, I heard that info when Greg was asked if him being on Heroes would trump any chance for a reappearance on Lost, so who knows, maybe he's part of the whole conspiracy to screw with our minds!

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 06:58:01 PM »

That's my only complaint, though, otherwise great episode!

That was my very FIRST thought when they showed that.  I was thinking they would never show a picture like that if this were "real life."  How horrible for the families.  It kind of discredited it in a way to me, but I guess that was the only way they could get that scene with drunk pilot on the phone to work.