Author Topic: light is different on the island....  (Read 8258 times)

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: light is different on the island....
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2008, 03:48:11 PM »
Where's my fainting emoticon?

I've had plenty of occasions where I couldn't find an appropriate emoticon (probably for the best).  These boards tend to bring out a wide variety of emotions! 

If Kate was the lady with Dan, I will have a wide variety of emotions - none of them positive!  :D

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2008, 04:56:34 PM »
I agree. That Kate is the 'popular clique' girl, rolling her eyes at Dan. But if you've seen 'Can't Buy Me Love', the geek (Patrick Dempsey) gets the girl in the end...

On another note, I love how Kate & Jack are taking drinks from their water bottles.  Just as if they were in a Pilates class back in LA. Ho hum!

Offline Cartermon

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2008, 03:57:44 PM »
Really cool how the writers of the show are dropping these hints about the island is really different than the real world - Faraday (on the English Currency Sayid found in Ben's secret closet), Minkowski (wonder why Lapidus does not want Daniel to talk to Minkowski on the boat?), scattering light, pushing the button to release the built-up magnetic charge.......If I was not such a fan of the show, I'd believe the writers were setting us up for a big reveal that the island is hidden and the entrance/exit to the island is AT THE NORTH or SOUTH POLE.

think about it........polar bears, 'Living in a bloody Snow globe' reference from Desmond, using a submarine to get to the island (to go under the ice?!?) , Hurley drawing igloo and Eskimo, listening station in Arctic picking up signal when the hatch blew, four shelves of heavy sweaters in Ben's secret closet, Hatch Swan password of 'What did one snowman say to the other?', Sayid picking up the ice in Berlin after his phone call to Ben,...........anyone want to guess that the freighter is an ice breaker?

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2008, 04:02:04 PM »
Really cool how the writers of the show are dropping these hints about the island is really different than the real world - Faraday (on the English Currency Sayid found in Ben's secret closet), Minkowski (wonder why Lapidus does not want Daniel to talk to Minkowski on the boat?), scattering light, pushing the button to release the built-up magnetic charge.......If I was not such a fan of the show, I'd believe the writers were setting us up for a big reveal that the island is hidden and the entrance/exit to the island is AT THE NORTH or SOUTH POLE.

think about it........polar bears, 'Living in a bloody Snow globe' reference from Desmond, using a submarine to get to the island (to go under the ice?!?) , Hurley drawing igloo and Eskimo, listening station in Arctic picking up signal when the hatch blew, four shelves of heavy sweaters in Ben's secret closet, Hatch Swan password of 'What did one snowman say to the other?', Sayid picking up the ice in Berlin after his phone call to Ben,...........anyone want to guess that the freighter is an ice breaker?
Alot of cold references there, you've got a point, but you lost me on the last line.  The freighters were not dressed for the poles when they dropped onto the island.  Unless the 'bubble' the island is inside stretches more than 80 miles offshore, they would've needed to bundle up a little more, I think.

Offline TheGoodPeople

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2008, 04:04:43 PM »
using all that math and velocity talk from the thread about Dans rocket. someone should figure out how far away the island should be from the north pole. someone just posted a topic saying that the rocket was flying for about three hours. got any physicists on board here.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2008, 04:14:35 PM »
Save the cogitation.  Just look at how small that rocket is. No way it had enough propellent for more than a short burn.

Offline TheGoodPeople

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2008, 04:20:53 PM »
Save the cogitation.  Just look at how small that rocket is. No way it had enough propellent for more than a short burn.

good point. it was just a little payload rocket meant solely for that experiment. all that math hurts my head anyways

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2008, 08:30:18 PM »
Math is our friend.

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2008, 10:55:46 PM »