Author Topic: Were They Flashforwards or Flashbacks?  (Read 26306 times)

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Were They Flashforwards or Flashbacks?
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2008, 12:02:10 AM »
I really dont think that the writers of this show are going to have flash-forwards and flash-backs in the same show.  It would cause to much confusion on everyone involved.

I also dont believe in any of the alternate reality, course correcting mumbo jumbo, that seems to go on, on this site.  It seems like it is just a very easy way to explain everything that goes on. 

Seems like if we dont have enough info on a certain plot in the story yet, that it is automatically said to be caused by two different timelines.  Seems like a crap way out of a real story to me.

Not attacking anyone here just my thoughts.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2008, 12:36:59 AM »
I really dont think that the writers of this show are going to have flash-forwards and flash-backs in the same show.  It would cause to much confusion on everyone involved.

I also dont believe in any of the alternate reality, course correcting mumbo jumbo, that seems to go on, on this site.  It seems like it is just a very easy way to explain everything that goes on. 

Seems like if we dont have enough info on a certain plot in the story yet, that it is automatically said to be caused by two different timelines.  Seems like a crap way out of a real story to me.

I absolutely completely agree and I'm glad someone else does too.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2008, 12:42:31 AM »

I'll let the writers know that they are causing confusion and that, from now on, Lost should be a straight forward family show....like Who's The Boss.  We can put Tony Danza on the island along with a scantily clothed Alicia Milano. 

Mark my words, the boaties and the six got off the island, lost memories, different reality, christian alive in a reality, and multiple realities (use the acronym MPU or whichever one you want).

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2008, 02:21:22 AM »
Puff  why do you take what people are saying as personal attacks.  You can believe what you want, and I can believe what I want.

I just dont think that alternate realties and time correctness and things like that are involved in this show.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2008, 08:45:37 AM »
Everyone having alternate realities sounds like an impossible story telling technique. At the end of the show, how are we suppose to know what the heck went on!

And puff, please listen to these posters it is not personal, please do not get defensive, it is just a difference of opinion. I predicted the underwater hatch was true a season before they showed it. That does not mean I am right or wrong on this topic. Just means I was right that time
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 08:47:34 AM by Jugdish »

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2008, 08:47:19 AM »
Me neither.... But then I didn't think there were gonna be ghosts either and now it sure looks like there are....

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2008, 12:44:11 PM »
I didn't take anything as an attack.  I was simply being a smartass, that's smart ass.

Many stories involving alternate realities have been successful.  Just ask Mr. Stephen King, or better yet, I will.  I wish I knew him that well.

Anyway, I invite all of you to watch the old twilight zone's, quantum leaps, amazing stories, and etc. (feel free to add more).

In many of these shows, the acting was atrocious, the sets horrific, and the storylines quick and sometimes contrived.  However, it was the zinger that got you and kept you coming back.  Alt realities (see AIRHEAD) is a pretty ideal platform for repeated surprise.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2008, 12:49:28 PM »
I didn't take anything as an attack.  I was simply being a smartass, that's smart ass.

haaaa, i think me and you are more the same then we actually realize LOL

PREACH ON BROTHA!!!! i'm glad im not alone on this one

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2008, 01:18:28 PM »
The most logical thing I read was "I really dont think that the writers of this show are going to have flash-forwards and flash-backs in the same show.  It would cause to much confusion on everyone involved."  This makes sense to me.

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2008, 01:52:17 PM »
I still think the MPU theory is possible. Flashback or flashforward aside...there is still some evidence to suggest that when they got back, things were...different. Nothing concrete, of course...and suggestions possibly to throw us off course. But Kate was a free woman...Jack did mention his dad (albeit, in a drunken stupor)...and there was Jack's statement "We weren't supposed to leave." Why not "we weren't supposed to leave everyone behind" or "we need to go back and get everyone else?"

Interesting.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2008, 01:55:59 PM »
I agree and think both
"We were not suppose to leave everyone behind and then lie about it"
and "we have to go back and try to get them"
But I don't think they can get back, it looks like Jack has all sorts of maps etc.. trying to locate the island but has had no success.  " travel every Friday night hoping the plane witll crash*

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2008, 03:51:22 PM »
They have to get back...oh my gawd, Lost-Girl, they JUST HAVE TO!!! And I will bawl when they do.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2008, 04:44:32 PM »
If I post a theory for which I have yet to have proof, is that a flash forward?

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2008, 05:51:45 PM »
They have to get back...oh my gawd, Lost-Girl, they JUST HAVE TO!!! And I will bawl when they do.
We can sit and bawl together!!

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2008, 08:12:37 PM »
The producers said that it is inevitable that the time-bending story of Lost will continue to use looks both backward and forward. "It's absolutely inevitable, not to migrate completely away from flashbacks, but at least to find a new paradigm for storytelling that changed up the nature of the show," Cuse said. "Moving forwards, you'll get a mix. Every week will hopefully be a guessing game as to not just who will be focused on, but when we're focusing on them. Flash-forwards will be a part of season four, yes."

Just found this on the sci-fi channel.

It appears that we are supposed to question the timing or the reality of the scenes.