Author Topic: Were They Flashforwards or Flashbacks?  (Read 20320 times)

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Were They Flashforwards or Flashbacks?
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2008, 09:38:13 PM »
Who needs caretakers-  crazy people or just older people or injured people.  Well he is not old he is not injured as we have seen, So my bet is that he is crazy.

SO thats why he was crying.

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2008, 09:41:21 PM »
agreed.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 15, 2008, 12:06:06 AM »
Well, if you're to believe this imaginative thread, he has been watching the TV reveal of the wreckage having already lived through an experience on The Island and what you're seeing is really a flashforward, hence the topic title.

Or, maybe he's just an emotionally unstable person...which is certainly supported by the other scenes.

Creflo - they just confirmed flashbacks on the recaps....sorry.
Exactly!  Watching it now..case closed.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 21, 2008, 03:21:37 PM »
In an interview on ew.com, Cuse and lindelof said that "the narratives are always in chronological order. We are not going to mix narrative order." This would then exclude flashbacks and flashforwards in the same episode.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 21, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »
In an interview on ew.com, Cuse and lindelof said that "the narratives are always in chronological order. We are not going to mix narrative order." This would then exclude flashbacks and flashforwards in the same episode.

I am willing to bet that the diehards will respond to you that you can have a flashback, THEN a flashforward and they would still be in chronological order. 

I read the same interview and came to the same conclusion as you.  They are not going to deliberately confuse us so that we have NO idea what's going on, they just want to surprise us now and then.  Seems simple enough to me.  :-\