Author Topic: Were They Flashforwards or Flashbacks?  (Read 19121 times)

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Were They Flashforwards or Flashbacks?
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 11:17:52 AM »
On the one hand, Faraday's response to 815's discovery is telling.

Timeline:

1. Fake wreckage found -> 2.  Faraday hears it on the radio -> 3. "Rescue" mission put together -> 4. Naomi drops in and tells Losties the plane was found.

No way did Faraday go to The Island and THEN get back in time to hear the news about the Sunda Trench find.

It is interesting that he doesn't know why the news upsets him.  He may just not want to discuss it with the person in the car.

Offline magpie

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 12:35:24 PM »
I think I read in an interview that  old characters would have flashforwards, and new characters would have flashbacks.  Keeping that in mind made watching last night's episode alot less confusing

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 12:39:22 PM »
THey were flashbacks. Showing us how and why(sort of) of why they were on the boat and interested in the mission. Naomi was in them and she is dead now, she told the same story about the plane being found. So they happened before they got to the island.

yes very true

not to mention the USA Article saying new characters would have flashbacks to get us up to par on their background and old characters would have flashforwards to confuse us more LOL, actually it said the old characters would have flash forwards in order to tie the story together

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 01:28:29 PM »
thanks that solidifies my gut feeling that it was flashbacks. 

a solified gut does not sound like a good thing, but it is.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2008, 01:31:58 PM »
thanks that solidifies my gut feeling that it was flashbacks. 

a solified gut does not sound like a good thing, but it is.

i have to somehow figure out how to get the USA Today article online, it was from the actual paper (didnt know they made them still lol)

but it said that since they now have an end date, alot of our questions will be answered via Flashforwards/Flashbacks

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 01:42:21 PM »
Geeks are way underrated. ;)

Of course someone with 12000+ posts would feel this way!   :D

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 01:52:45 PM »
Faraday may be reliving the time leading up to his going on the mission and his subconscious remembers it (much like Desmond's episode).  We can't rule this out.

Or the site of the plane touched him for some reason and we'll see later on that this played a part in his deciding to go on the mission even though he is usually very timid and would not normally do something this adventurous.

I agree with Naomi, where did they get these guys?  Could they be linked somehow to our Losties like everyone else and destined to be a part of this?  For me, that's the biggest mystery so far!

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 02:35:53 PM »
Faraday may be reliving the time leading up to his going on the mission and his subconscious remembers it (much like Desmond's episode).  We can't rule this out.

Or the site of the plane touched him for some reason and we'll see later on that this played a part in his deciding to go on the mission even though he is usually very timid and would not normally do something this adventurous.

I agree with Naomi, where did they get these guys?  Could they be linked somehow to our Losties like everyone else and destined to be a part of this?  For me, that's the biggest mystery so far!

or being a physicist he knew that the plane would never have crashed like that and knew it was a coverup

Blackrock Bob

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 03:11:57 PM »
or being a physicist he knew that the plane would never have crashed like that and knew it was a coverup

I agree, but maybe he was a little more connected than we saw. Maybe he knew one person on the plane, or he posted on message boards that 815 had survivors.  ;)
Jacklives815... could have been his name. I'm just saying....

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2008, 03:51:23 PM »
I think the four people were chosen because of their talents and their intrests in 815 and/or dharma. That is what the flashbacks were showing us.

Dan was moved to tears by the disaster and you used his genius to investigate. He asks questions, does studies. Gets noticed.

Miles was shown listening to the coverage, he can talk to dead people. Who better to send to a place to find forgotten crash victims and an island that has dead people come back and confront people (through smokie)

Charllote is chasing dharma related clues around the world. She is knowledgable and interested in the crash, (showed her obsession by the comment it is the same outcome no matter how many languages you read it in)

Pilot guy is so obsessed he is calling the hot line. He gets through to the supervisors.

So some organinzation has information that the crash that was found is not what really happen. They have knowledge of the island, Dharma history and what went on with Ben. (It appears to me Ben is off island when in that picture) He screws them over, they decide to find him through mysterious missing people, Desmond and the 815 survivors. They get their crack team together a physicist, a archeologist, guy who talks to dead people and a crack pilot. All interested in going because they are promised answers of what happened to 815. They set off with the military support (Naomi) and set off to get Ben, and to solve their own curiostiy.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2008, 04:05:31 PM »
I think the four people were chosen because of their talents and their intrests in 815 and/or dharma. That is what the flashbacks were showing us.

Dan was moved to tears by the disaster and you used his genius to investigate. He asks questions, does studies. Gets noticed.

Miles was shown listening to the coverage, he can talk to dead people. Who better to send to a place to find forgotten crash victims and an island that has dead people come back and confront people (through smokie)

Charllote is chasing dharma related clues around the world. She is knowledgable and interested in the crash, (showed her obsession by the comment it is the same outcome no matter how many languages you read it in)

Pilot guy is so obsessed he is calling the hot line. He gets through to the supervisors.

So some organinzation has information that the crash that was found is not what really happen. They have knowledge of the island, Dharma history and what went on with Ben. (It appears to me Ben is off island when in that picture) He screws them over, they decide to find him through mysterious missing people, Desmond and the 815 survivors. They get their crack team together a physicist, a archeologist, guy who talks to dead people and a crack pilot. All interested in going because they are promised answers of what happened to 815. They set off with the military support (Naomi) and set off to get Ben, and to solve their own curiostiy.

i like this,

but i dont think ben was off the island when that pic was taken, it could very well have been taken on the island (pre-purge), in a DHARMA office we have not seen, or when the DHARMA facilities were used more, looked cleaner/newer, or just continously maintained

i dont think Ben has left the island AT ALL.

i think DHARMA is behind this, remember they had means to come and go from the island "pre-purge", so they could have had some people that went off the island while the purge was taking, and post-purge is when Ben started "hiding" the island, so no one could return, and thats how they have the picture on file

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2008, 04:08:55 PM »
Little off topic, but I think they are after them for more than the purge. I see a scenerio that Ben went off island to get finacial support for his work. They are heavyily funded by someone. He then went back to the island not to be found again. Either he did not do what he promised or he took funding and left. Just a con artist like Sawyer.

It is just a hunch.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2008, 04:10:27 PM »
Little off topic, but I think they are after them for more than the purge. I see a scenerio that Ben went off island to get finacial support for his work. They are heavyily funded by someone. He then went back to the island not to be found again. Either he did not do what he promised or he took funding and left. Just a con artist like Sawyer.

It is just a hunch.

i know i went off topic, i had to do it quick while it was still fresh in my head LOL

check out the other thread  "dream team" juggy

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2008, 04:12:00 PM »
We always do, anyways, my point is. They were flashbacks showing how these 4 got involved with the freighter people. Showing their background etc.

Offline gjohnson

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2008, 04:30:06 PM »
In each of the flashBACKS, the Boaties are just finding out about Oceanic being found at the bottom of the sea. Naomi tells the losties that they had been found at the bottom of the sea and all are presumed dead when she landed on the island. So, I think it is pretty clear that we are supposed to view these as flashbacks. Not to say we aren't being intentionally misled  :)