Author Topic: Fake Plane is Not 815  (Read 7144 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Fake Plane is Not 815
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 02:03:04 PM »
A few things,

1) Puff, what are you talking about I never said the boat people were part of the coverup. I said there was a coverup. I am not sure who is behind it yet. It could oceanic, or a dharma/hanso/widmore type people. Not sure yet. But I believe the plane was put there as a fake and is not any type of different time line.

2)I guarentee everyone that all the explanations are not going to be, "it was a different timline, people are flashing back through their lives" it just does not fit every situation. Desmond has had these experiences, not everyone is.

3)Lions, if they were going to do a coverup, fake the crash they would of painted the markings on them as part of the cover up. It does not mean it has to be the same plane.

4) cbw420, I agree. Abbadon denials does show that the coverup has begun.

Offline honeymfw

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 02:19:21 PM »
The number was actually a clue on FIND 815.  Yes, I called the number and got the recorded message.  The FIND 815 was like the lost experience.  Apparently this game took place before the airing of the first S4 episode.  So if there was someone answering the phone I guess you would have got a clue while playing the game. 

Did anyone play this game?  If so, could someone tell me what you are suppose to do with all of the clues

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 02:28:40 PM »
Regarding points 2) & 3):

2) We've clearly seen in his flashbacks that Charlie has been pulled (by Des?) into alternate timelines, with slight but noticeable differences.  No, it doesn't have to fit everybody/every situation, but rather those in closer proximity show greater effects.

3) My point on the coverup was that logistically it'd be nearly impossible to achieve such a 'clean' crash site with no evidence or witnesses to such a massive operation.  Plus, why plant the plane thousands of miles from the intended flighpath from Sydney to LA?  Hence, I'm discounting the likelihood of the coverup theory.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 02:48:23 PM »
I like the following post from losteastereggs, that elegantly connects the events of prior seasons to the effects on the timeline(s) we're increasingly being shown...

Anonymous said...
The 1st thing I thought was that it DID sound like Ms. Klugh. I wrote a theory back a few months about String theory here it is:
"string theory" was something that scientists were "over the moon" about in the 60's and 70's - OK excuse the pun... String theory attempts to further explain the dynamics of Quantum Gravity. String theory makes things like black-holes, time travel or dimensional travel a real possibility. There is the possibility in string theory and the more advanced M theory that other dimensions do exist.

Now for the Hey, I'm just watching a TV show explanation; Maybe the Dharma people were working on things all related to string theory and its relevance to gravity and electromagnetism. Maybe they messed with the electromagnetic field around the earth causing the "incident" and used the Magnet in the hatch keep different dimensions from touching each other (think of the strings on a harp being different dimensions) and during a "system failure" the dimensions do touch each other. Maybe after initially having someone enter the numbers, they had an automatic system and that's why the other's didn't seem to be concerned about the hatch. maybe that system was destroyed when John smashed the computer. When there is an actual system failure, things from other dimensions get pulled into the one where the hatch and the island are. - WNGYPSY

Saturday, February 10, 2007 4:05:00 PM

...hence, the plane from an alternate dimension, the same plane as Flight 815 in this dimension, got pulled into our dimension, along with Flight 815, when Des was late in inputting the numbers.  And yeah, John blowing up the Swan entirely could cause ripples among the dimensions, manifested by alternate timelines in a state of flux that can be changed/chosen from by a powerful few at the locus on this island (leaders like Ben, John or Jack; martyrs like Charlie; the lucky like Hurley; keystones line Des).

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2008, 03:22:51 PM »
I just re-watched the epi, and I'm pretty sure the plane was planted. The very first line the guy is the sub says is:"According to our guy's map, it should be around here..." So somoene gave them a supposed "treasure map", and voilá! By coincidence it's where the crashed plane is!

Offline eelpie62

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 03:26:52 PM »
...how do you transport and sink an airliner full of dead bodies????

The same way that you raise a submarine full of dead bodies, but you start at the back of the operator's manual and work towards the front. I'm sure that Paik Heavy Industries has something they could have used.

I think that our first introduction to Frank is an imortant image: he's dropping a fake (toy in this case) jetliner into an aquarium.
The plane had been w/o instruments for a while before the crash, presumedly that would give the people behind the cover up leeway in their choice for location.
A well planned cover-up would have to be believable and the fact that 815 went silent hours before the crash would give the conspirators an opportunity to dump the fake plane well away from where the real one went down.
They wouldn't want any salvage crews to be anywhere near the real plane so they probably took flight time to when the plane went silent and found a deep ocean trench within that radius in which to dump the decoy.

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 04:22:05 PM »
Can someone check this out. I watched the ROV footage several time but I can't be sure. Is the pilot sitting in the correct seat? It looks like he is in the copilots seat. By the way, where is the copilot? Have we ever seen him?

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 04:38:22 PM »
I think it is a cover up story. some one wants the world to forget about the Losties.

I am obligated to say it: I AGREE WITH JUGGY!!! :) :D

ok, just a thought for all you ppl: don't you think that ppl doing a coverup that involved a MASSIVE plain would do it somewhere where the rest of the world was not observing carefully??? i mean, if the authorities are looking for the plain on the suposed path from Sydney to LA, they HAD to do a cover up somewhere far away! how could they get a plain there and cover it up without othe rppl noticing????

And there have been several stories about flights and ships that lost their way around the sunda trench and all around that area.
You should all check Find 815 (this years ARG) for the story about Amelia Earheart and how it's somewhat similar to flight 815...

The Sunda Trench area is even considered to be a second Bermuda Triangle! plains, ships, many loose their direction, not knowing where is the north and appearing many miles off course when they find themselfs again, if they ever do!

Find 815 was not as extensive as the TLE but it was very very informative about all of that :)

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 04:48:43 PM »
I think it is a cover up story. some one wants the world to forget about the Losties.

ok, just a thought for all you ppl: don't you think that ppl doing a coverup that involved a MASSIVE plane would do it somewhere where the rest of the world was not observing carefully??? i mean, if the authorities are looking for the plane on the suposed path from Sydney to LA, they HAD to do a cover up somewhere far away! how could they get a plane there and cover it up without othe rppl noticing????

And there have been several stories about flights and ships that lost their way around the sunda trench and all around that area.
You should all check Find 815 (this years ARG) for the story about Amelia Earheart and how it's somewhat similar to flight 815...

The Sunda Trench area is even considered to be a second Bermuda Triangle! planes, ships, many loose their direction, not knowing where is the north and appearing many miles off course when they find themselfs again, if they ever do!

Find 815 was not as extensive as the TLE but it was very very informative about all of that :)

fixed!

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2008, 05:26:06 PM »

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2008, 05:34:06 PM »
fixed!

did u fix me?? LOL

i just fixed the spelling of plane, from plain to plane lol

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2008, 05:43:03 PM »

ok, just a thought for all you ppl: don't you think that ppl doing a coverup that involved a MASSIVE plain would do it somewhere where the rest of the world was not observing carefully??? i mean, if the authorities are looking for the plain on the suposed path from Sydney to LA, they HAD to do a cover up somewhere far away! how could they get a plain there and cover it up without othe rppl noticing????

The Sunda Trench area is even considered to be a second Bermuda Triangle! plains, ships, many loose their direction, not knowing where is the north and appearing many miles off course when they find themselfs again, if they ever do!

Considering our dear Pauhina posts in the middle of the night in a language that is not her primary one, and contributes much to this site, especially by keeping us well up to date on the Find815 arg, I don't think it particularly matters if she spells it plain or plane.  ;D

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2008, 05:52:28 PM »

Considering our dear Pauhina posts in the middle of the night in a language that is not her primary one, and contributes much to this site, especially by keeping us well up to date on the Find815 arg, I don't think it particularly matters if she spells it plain or plane.  ;D

sorry miss moderator, i guess my LOL's didnt show my humor

also miss mod, this is the 2nd time in the last two days, you have attacked me

i dont find it fair at all, if you dont like what i post, dont read it

i mean thats what i get told right?

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2008, 06:26:40 PM »
sorry, i didn't notice i typed plain instead of plane LOLOLOL

i guess my brain is worse than i thought LOLOLOLOl

back to therapy for me :D :D :D

thx CC :-*

don't get all fired up cw! don't need to! thx for fixing me ;)

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2008, 06:41:02 PM »
sorry, i didn't notice i typed plain instead of plane LOLOLOL

i guess my brain is worse than i thought LOLOLOLOl

back to therapy for me :D :D :D

thx CC :-*

don't get all fired up cw! don't need to! thx for fixing me ;)

you dont remember do you??? last season?? LOL

i will have to dig up the post :)

i'm not fired up, i'm actually in quite a good mood today