Author Topic: Fake Plane is Not 815  (Read 7412 times)

Offline jdwm73

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Fake Plane is Not 815
« on: February 08, 2008, 12:48:03 AM »
Any thoughts about the location of the plane seeming a bit off from what general acceptance has been thus far?  Does it match up with the fact that the deceased man underwater was clearly not the pilot?  Was it Widmore/whomever planting a dummy plane with various dead people?  The TV did say there was no way to recover the bodies.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Fake Plane is Not 815
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 04:19:57 AM »
I find it highly suspicious that a Sydney - LA flight somehow managed to end up in the Sunda Trench, several thousand miles to the NW in the Indian Ocean, as a direct flight path would take it NE over the open Pacific.  If whoever is "covering it up" wanted to make it look believable, why would they dump the plane where it would only raise more questions?  Surely there are some fine trenches around Fiji.  So, is this another plane entirely, perhaps a Sydney - London flight that crashed in another timeline, but somehow got trapped in this timeline?  Just like the polar bear and the little bunny rabbits...

Offline kmetzk92

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 09:42:23 AM »
ok.. obviously there are two choices here.. either the plane site is fake and has been setup to make people believe everyone is dead... or that is actually not flight 815 and it is a flight that had been lost before and had never been found.. i dont think anyone would want to cover up the death of the survivors on the island, and even if they would .. they are being rescued anyways so the fake plane crash wouldnt make sense.. basically i think that the plane found in the Sunda Trench is very much real and is from a different time period, when a different plane other then flight 815 was lost....

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 09:55:07 AM »
Different time period as in different dimension or historical era or it's just a different plane?  Kind of hard to misplace two planes.

It's definitely an Oceanic plane and all planes are clearly marked and have numbers so they can be identified.  So it being a different plane that's getting confused with 815 seems most unlikely of all.  So to me, the two choices would be either a) there was a cover up and someone planted a fake 815 plane down there, which would be extremely expensive and depending on whether the bodies in there are real or not, very f'ed up.  Or b) the space/time continuum multi-dimensional teleporting cloning theories are true and somehow two 815s exist, one ended up on the island and everyone lived and the other crashed in the ocean and everyone died.  Since Frank seems convinced that the pilot is different, then it seems things shift towards choice A.  But they've also been playing up the pseudoscience aspects of the show lately, so I don't know.

Blackrock Bob

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 10:25:00 AM »
Everytime I go off on a timetravel or the dead live tangent, I get slapped down.

I say it is a fake plane that was planted by the same people that are behind the Frieghter/chopper people from last night's show. Who that is, I have no clue. Dharma/Hanso/Widmore/CIA

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 10:40:45 AM »
would there have been more than one "pilot?"  because we met the pilot, (played by greg guttenburg) and he was killed by smokey.

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 10:48:00 AM »
I think it's not 815. The Brit girl on the freighter said she didn't either, no matter in how many languages she read it...it's got to mean something! In the other hand, a set up of that magnitute, a whole plane fuselage and real bodies to go with it sounds quite impossible...how do you transport and sink an airliner full of dead bodies????

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 10:49:13 AM »
I think it is a cover up story. some one wants the world to forget about the Losties.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 12:42:49 PM »
What I got out of this episode was this:

The finding of the plane was genuine, or they wouldn't have shown us the actual underwater footage and the 'surprised' crew that found it.

The pilot is not the pilot we know, they made that clear from the drunk pilot's dramatic reaction.

Naomi knew the Losties might be there (I was wrong about this one, I thought she was out of the loop! :-\)  but Abaddon insisted that the passengers were confirmed dead.

Charlotte was not surprised at the Dharma find in the desert and even seemed to know that the collar would be there.

The variety of people they sent to the island clearly shows that they know what to expect on the island; ghostbuster, anthropologist, physicist, talented (though often drunk) pilot.....

So the answer is clearly that the plane and bodies were planted by Dharma or related company to divert attention from the island OR the plane is actually 815 from another timeline and either the drunk pilot did fly the plane or the original pilot wasn't married in this timeline......

I guess this doesn't get us anywhere, does it?   ???  Sorry!

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 12:49:04 PM »
That doesn't make sense Jugdish as one of the BOAT PEOPLE, the pilot of the helicopter, was shown phoning the authorities in reference to that NOT being 815.  If the boaties are part of the cover-up, then why would he work for them?  

I haven't worked out my ideas on this one.  This was the Motherload of mind-f's loaded with easter eggs and paradigm shifts.  This is what Lost was missing last season.

I do think it plausible that what we saw (and have been labelling flash-backs) may have been Desmond type experiences occurring to those boaties shown (except Naomi, who died on the island).  So, they were in fack flash realities....the boaties have been projected back into a separate reality similar to the one the original and some time back.  Their memories coincide with their known pasts (like Desmond) except they begin to get perculations of their island memories.  This would explain Faraday crying.

The Naomi flash was clearly a flashback.

Abaddon and Naomi were shown in a big empty white room like Jim Carry and Morgan Freeman in Bruce Almighty.  Abaddon is the gatekeeper of Sheole (or however you spell that).

Mulitple realities, it's the only way to fly.

Offline Savior

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 01:03:06 PM »
That doesn't make sense Jugdish as one of the BOAT PEOPLE, the pilot of the helicopter, was shown phoning the authorities in reference to that NOT being 815.  If the boaties are part of the cover-up, then why would he work for them? 

I haven't worked out my ideas on this one.  This was the Motherload of mind-f's loaded with easter eggs and paradigm shifts.  This is what Lost was missing last season.

I do think it plausible that what we saw (and have been labelling flash-backs) may have been Desmond type experiences occurring to those boaties shown (except Naomi, who died on the island).  So, they were in fack flash realities....the boaties have been projected back into a separate reality similar to the one the original and some time back.  Their memories coincide with their known pasts (like Desmond) except they begin to get perculations of their island memories.  This would explain Faraday crying.

The Naomi flash was clearly a flashback.

Abaddon and Naomi were shown in a big empty white room like Jim Carry and Morgan Freeman in Bruce Almighty.  Abaddon is the gatekeeper of Sheole (or however you spell that).

Mulitple realities, it's the only way to fly

That could explain Eko being raised by his grandmother, and ending dying in both realities due to drugs related issues.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 01:04:00 PM »
That doesn't make sense Jugdish as one of the BOAT PEOPLE, the pilot of the helicopter, was shown phoning the authorities in reference to that NOT being 815.  If the boaties are part of the cover-up, then why would he work for them?  

abbadon told naomi in her flashback that the losties were dead, so to me, the cover up had already begun, THEN we were shown the 4 people "picked" to go in with naomi to the island by abbadon and she questions it, so what i'm grasping is that the drunken pilot didnt know of the cover up and the only reason he was picked was because he was dumb enough to call and say he knew the plane was a fake, so now Oceanic/Dharma had to scoop him up in order to keep him quiet

did this make sense???

Offline kissinggabriela

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 01:11:13 PM »
another minor way that I thought they were trying to show that the plane was fake was when when Frank was dropping the toy airplane into the aquarium and the plane would flip over, it realy seemed that they were trying to show that if 815 fell in the water it would have flipped over ...and thus we know that the plane and its placement was fake

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 01:26:05 PM »
Maxor127 makes a good point that the sub footage of the plane found in the Sunda Trench would've shown the plane's marking's & designation.  As they obviously matched the plane's from Flight 815, we know it's the same plane.  Of course they could be faked, but I'm not sure it'd even be possible to stage such an accident, whatever the sums spent.  Someone would notice a large salvage-type ship slowly toting a plane out to sea from even a nearby port.  And how to get it from airstrip to port, but by some heavy equipment like we use to move the space shuttle? The locals would surely notice that.  Alternatively, it would be rather hard to dupe a planefull of people to crash themselves into the ocean, then expect to plane to come to rest at the bottom of a miles-deep trench nearly in one piece, with the bodies all nicely arrayed in the plane where they were when it went down.  No, I think the only 'logical' explanation is the alternate timeframe theory, perhaps with a side of teleportation.  Both sci-fi tenets have been shown in the show (Des's & Charlie's alt realities, the teleporting bunnies).  And neither contravene the Producer's prohibition against time travel.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 01:28:48 PM »
Good catch on the possible parallel lives of Eko, one in Africa and another in America, but both beset by drugs & murder.