Author Topic: Fake Plane is Not 815  (Read 7354 times)

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Fake Plane is Not 815
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2008, 11:54:55 AM »
does it need to be exactly the same plane? I'm sure the non lostaholics 'regular' people out there would accept the fact that it's an oceanic plane at the bottom of the south pacific.

Even within the LOST story, normal people would be just as convinced, they have no need to question it's authenticity.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2008, 01:09:47 PM »
earlier airplane toys have had the third engine. 

Offline IFP

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2008, 03:44:32 PM »
Just curious what others might think - did anyone find it odd that the found plane was broken apart in the exact same places as what we witnessed? i.e. the tail section was broken off, cleanly, and the cockpit section. If this was a cover up, then a) the cover-uppers knew exactly how the real plane broke apart and b) felt it needed to be replicated precisely for some reason. Odd, no? It's clearly not just the gathered remains of the real crash because Jack and Kate were hanging out around part of it. Maybe the plane, as it was breaking up, did indeed clone and teleport somehow, like the polar bear in Tunisia? (assuming that that's what happened with the bear) Then again, Lost is very good at making things start to look a certain way, where you're certain you've caught on, and then pulling the rug out from under you with a massive WTF moment. That could apply to to the cover-up theory as well though, as alot of things do seem to point to a cover up.

end digression

so, did anyone else think the plane in the trench appeared to be split up exactly like what we saw happen to 815? I thought I even saw the circular black "burn" marks.

One more thing to add to this thought - I didn't notice before, but there also appears to be a hole in one of the front windows of the cockpit, which would have been where smoky pulled the pilot out - another striking similarity to the original 815's actual crash, as we saw it. I can't remember though, did Smoky smash that window in to get the pilot, or was the window already broken and he just used that opening to get in?

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2008, 05:22:32 PM »
One more thing to add to this thought - I didn't notice before, but there also appears to be a hole in one of the front windows of the cockpit, which would have been where smoky pulled the pilot out - another striking similarity to the original 815's actual crash, as we saw it. I can't remember though, did Smoky smash that window in to get the pilot, or was the window already broken and he just used that opening to get in?

the window was already broken, the pilot used it to peak out and see what was making the strange noises when smokey snatched him off the plane and... made pilot soup :)

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2008, 05:28:28 PM »
just thought of this, although i do not stand by it too much

if ben was working with Abbadon & Co at some point, but went rogue on them (hence the reason they want to get ben) could these people have staged the crash with Ben's help, meaning couldn't have ben told them how the plane broke apart?? ben & the others did see it basically break apart in the sky ya know?? giving them a perfect oppurtunity to replicate the plane

(i dont buy into this too much, just threw it out there)

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2008, 06:39:26 PM »
Still chuckling at "pilot soup" from Paula.  ;D

I dunno what to make of the different planes. It's kind of a bit prop error when the Powers are normally so careful, but that's the way I'd lean. Are we absolutely sure of these differences? Seems like Frank would have picked up on that too. Surely he'd know what kind of plane he was gonna fly.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2008, 10:24:34 PM »

if ben was working with Abbadon & Co at some point, but went rogue on them (hence the reason they want to get ben) could these people have staged the crash with Ben's help, meaning couldn't have ben told them how the plane broke apart?? ben & the others did see it basically break apart in the sky ya know?? giving them a perfect oppurtunity to replicate the plane

thats an interesting point, I never considered the fact that ben might have something to do with the cover up. I mean its shown pretty clear that he doesnt want the losties to get off the island, this way their wouldnt ever be anyone proactively searching for survivors.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2008, 07:59:21 PM »
I like the theory, assuming there was a coverup, that those perpetrating it got the details from first hand information gathered on the island.  It doesn't have to be Ben who passes along the info, tho.  From Richard's passing of Sawyer's file to Locke behind Ben's back, we know that there are factions amongst the Others on the island. This suggests possibly anyone amongst the Otheres having a motive.  Of course there were multiple means to pass information to the real world, with access not necessarily limited to Ben. Multiple means, that is, until Locke came along.

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2008, 08:06:11 PM »
Or b) the space/time continuum multi-dimensional teleporting cloning theories are true and somehow two 815s exist, one ended up on the island and everyone lived and the other crashed in the ocean and everyone died.  Since Frank seems convinced that the pilot is different, then it seems things shift towards choice A.  But they've also been playing up the pseudoscience aspects of the show lately, so I don't know.
BINGO!

Frank is seeing "himself" as the real pilot of THAT 815. That's why he thinks that the pilot is not his friend, sans wedding ring.  It's himself, because he has no wedding ring.  He thinks he was "supposed to be the pilot of the plane that day", when in actuality, he was.  He's seeing himself, dead in another timeline. (yikes)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 08:24:12 PM by T Mack »

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2008, 08:12:15 PM »
Ok.  So lets say the plane in the Sunda Trench is from Timeline A, where all the passengers die, and the island is Timeline B.  We are watching a show based in Timeline B when we see them on the island.  But which timeline to they end up in in the flash forwards?  If they stay in timeline B, where the crash is still undiscovered, that could be their home free card...as in...there are no funny questions like how are you alive when we have video footage of all the dead passengers in the bottom of this trench.  BUT if they go back to timeline A they have a lot of explaining to do.  Maybe they can't go back to timeline A, because they're bodies exist there, only...dead.  Maybe that is what the orchid is all about?  Does anybody really know what time it is!

Offline joshzam

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2008, 09:39:51 PM »
Ok.  So lets say the plane in the Sunda Trench is from Timeline A, where all the passengers die, and the island is Timeline B.  We are watching a show based in Timeline B when we see them on the island.  But which timeline to they end up in in the flash forwards?  If they stay in timeline B, where the crash is still undiscovered, that could be their home free card...as in...there are no funny questions like how are you alive when we have video footage of all the dead passengers in the bottom of this trench.  BUT if they go back to timeline A they have a lot of explaining to do.  Maybe they can't go back to timeline A, because they're bodies exist there, only...dead.  Maybe that is what the orchid is all about?  Does anybody really know what time it is!

Does anybody really care
If so I can't imagine why
We've all got time enough to die

Offline footballmom10

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2008, 09:43:21 PM »
Are you suggesting that the survivors really did die on the plane?

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2008, 01:30:57 AM »

Someone pointed out that the two planes are different models.  If there are similarities between the two planes' damage, I think we are seeing what we want to see.  There is no reason to duplicate crash damage for a staged scene when no one is supposed to know there are two planes in the first place!  If the similarities are intentional, then it is more evidence for the followers of the parallel timeline theorists.  I think it would indicate that one reality had a slightly different plane with a different pilot, but both planes were destined to crash.  Again, this may be one of those times when we may be reading too much into things.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2008, 05:17:29 AM »
I don't know if this has been discussed, and that if it means anything at all....
but...the guys controlling the ROV units says they are on a heading of 137. Ben told Michael to go on a heading of 325. Not that it has anyting to do with placement, but they are almost total opposites...two different directions of each other on a compass....it could mean something down the road, and it could mean nothing at all....just thought it odd, I don't know why...

Offline T Mack

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2008, 09:52:34 AM »
I don't know if this has been discussed, and that if it means anything at all....
but...the guys controlling the ROV units says they are on a heading of 137. Ben told Michael to go on a heading of 325. Not that it has anyting to do with placement, but they are almost total opposites...two different directions of each other on a compass....it could mean something down the road, and it could mean nothing at all....just thought it odd, I don't know why...
I'm glad someone posted the transcript of those guys in the ROV's, because I had a hard time understanding what they were saying.  There were some snippets of what they said that were oddly interesting, I'll agree.