Author Topic: Jack's Beard  (Read 3453 times)

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Jack's Beard
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 05:47:50 AM »
Maybe just a bad prop beard?  Or they have integrated product placement for Just for Men.  Jack is suicidal because he lost his Just for Men endorsement.

Offline ActivityGrrrl

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 06:55:02 AM »
Maybe just a bad prop beard?  Or they have integrated product placement for Just for Men.  Jack is suicidal because he lost his Just for Men endorsement.

LOL  Bad prop - that's what I thought too.  Natural-grown week-old beardlets are one thing, but something like that I rather wouldn't expect to be a perfect match, but it was a bit too black.  Even without the gray, seems like it would have been a touch more brown.  We were looking for earhooks.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 01:23:04 PM »

LOL  Bad prop - that's what I thought too.  Natural-grown week-old beardlets are one thing, but something like that I rather wouldn't expect to be a perfect match, but it was a bit too black.  Even without the gray, seems like it would have been a touch more brown.  We were looking for earhooks.
rofl :D

Offline Austruck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2008, 12:39:57 PM »
Not necessarily. My ex's hair is prematurely white (has been since his thirties), but when he finally figured out how to grow a beard, it came in black and looked absolutely stupid with his shock of white hair on his head.

Last I saw he still hasn't shaved it ... and it still looks stupid.  LOL

dizzyb

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2008, 07:42:25 PM »
all my ex's look stoopid....;)

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2008, 01:21:50 PM »
my beard is a slightly different color than the hair on my head naturally

Blackrock Bob

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2008, 09:42:10 PM »
The last time I tried growing a beard it was so gray, that I shaved it off. I thought it made me look too old.
I think hair is a funny thing, and you never know what color it could be.

I don't think it's over 2 years since the crash, but if it is, it does give Jack plenty of time to slide down into his drunken/pill popping/bushy BLACK beard. I'm not sure that timeline is right PL, but I'm always wrong.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2008, 06:25:12 PM »
There are several characters that have fallen victim to the bad wigs.  I'll never forget poor Jack's horrible hair in the episode where he saved Sarah. :D

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2008, 08:43:18 PM »
There are several characters that have fallen victim to the bad wigs.  I'll never forget poor Jack's horrible hair in the episode where he saved Sarah. :D
that was actually his real hair...he has spray on peach fuzz on island...

Offline therealsawyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2008, 08:52:31 PM »
I think the dark beard was intentional, just like using Nirvana music, in order to make us think we were still seeing flashbacks.  If Jack was balding and had a grey beard it would have eliminated the suprise when Kate showed up.

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2008, 04:54:43 PM »
If you recall back some time ago there is a scene with Sawyer and Kate giving him a haircut. Also w/Kate taking a nice hot shower and even having shampoo.
Our LOSTIES since finding the Swan hatch have come into food, toilet supplies and a washing machine for clean clothes. Now that they are headed towards the barracks they will have even more home pleasentries.

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2008, 04:59:05 PM »
Shoot me. I can't believe we are debating the color and length of Jack's beard. There are so many more important topics. Come on, people!

Like....for instance...how did Sun's hair get so long so quickly????

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2008, 05:06:50 PM »
If you recall back some time ago there is a scene with Sawyer and Kate giving him a haircut. Also w/Kate taking a nice hot shower and even having shampoo.
Our LOSTIES since finding the Swan hatch have come into food, toilet supplies and a washing machine for clean clothes. Now that they are headed towards the barracks they will have even more home pleasentries.
except they blew up the swan.
Shoot me. I can't believe we are debating the color and length of Jack's beard. There are so many more important topics. Come on, people!

Like....for instance...how did Sun's hair get so long so quickly????
she's pregnant remember?  when you start taking those vitamins your hair grows like crazy!

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2008, 05:22:40 PM »
I wish it was the vitamins (I would take a whole bottle)...I think it's HORMONES!!!

But still...Sun's hair got fast very quickly even for pregnancy (I mean, how pregnant is she? 2 months?).

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2008, 05:24:06 PM »
I wish it was the vitamins (I would take a whole bottle)...I think it's HORMONES!!!

But still...Sun's hair got fast very quickly even for pregnancy (I mean, how pregnant is she? 2 months?).

lol!  i know what you mean.  have you noticed hurley's hair?  that's the one that suprises me the most.  it went from short and afro-y to long and curly in a matter of what?  minutes by island time.