Author Topic: Juliet visibly happy to see a way off the island  (Read 1915 times)

Offline gjohnson

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Juliet visibly happy to see a way off the island
« on: February 08, 2008, 04:32:55 PM »
In the scene where the helicopter is viewed to have landed intact, Juliet is seen smiling and happy to see a viable way off the island. Can we infer that she is in fact not taking orders from Ben any longer and any hold on her which he may have had previously is gone?

Offline Halsfire

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Juliet visibly happy to see a way off the island
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 05:01:45 PM »
Well, we know how badly she wants to get home to her sister. I think she would be happy with any way off the island.

Offline gjohnson

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 05:12:26 PM »
We know how badly she SAID she wanted to get off the island... this is LOST...

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 05:12:33 PM »
She'd be happy off the island, and will sacrifice any thing/one to get out. Jules is nobodys friend.

Offline FrostyLosty

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 05:15:55 PM »
No doubt in my mind, Juliet will be the most ruthless one in Jack's loop towards getting off the island.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 05:22:30 PM »
It's telling that in Jack's flash fowards, he's not shown in contact with Juliet at all, which one might extrapolate as rather likely from their recently burgeoning relationship.  That suggests that Juliet will somehow fail to get included on the (sole?) chopper trip to the boat, despite her strong desire to get off the island.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 05:38:03 PM »
It's telling that in Jack's flash fowards, he's not shown in contact with Juliet at all, which one might extrapolate as rather likely from their recently burgeoning relationship.  That suggests that Juliet will somehow fail to get included on the (sole?) chopper trip to the boat, despite her strong desire to get off the island.

adamantly concur with this

i feel bad for her too, and for some reason despite her man hands, i think she's hot hot hot!!!

Blackrock Bob

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 05:41:35 PM »
She is hot, but I don't think she has man hands... or was she on that Seinfeld episode?

Anyway, she sees the helicopter as her ticket off the island.
Since she wasn't on Oceanic 815, we have no way of knowing if she made it off. Until we see her in a flashforward.

Maybe she leaves Jack because he is a drunk? or just because he has a bushy beard? Only time will tell.

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 05:50:03 PM »
In spite of Juliet's conflicting behavior on the island, her flashback last season indicated to me that she was a truly good person. I don't think she's working with Ben any more. He has nothing that will help her with her ultimate goal: getting home.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 07:09:29 PM »
Since the consensus is that the beardless Jack who visits Hurley precedes the bearded Jack pining for the island, then Jack likely would've jetted off on his Golden Pass to visit Juliet in tropical Miami, had she indeed gotten off the island, too.  Instead we find Jack hanging with Hurley in the nuthouse.  Ergo, Juliet gets left behind, which might be a source of his building angst.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 09:14:51 PM »
We just don't know yet. It's clear the Powers are going to go slow in revealing who gets off the island and who doesn't....

Offline Lostfanchrim

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 10:52:06 PM »
Since the consensus is that the beardless Jack who visits Hurley precedes the bearded Jack pining for the island, then Jack likely would've jetted off on his Golden Pass to visit Juliet in tropical Miami, had she indeed gotten off the island, too.  Instead we find Jack hanging with Hurley in the nuthouse.  Ergo, Juliet gets left behind, which might be a source of his building angst.

The D-Team seemed pretty upset to learn that Juliet was not an Oceanic survivor. They called her a native. Maybe she gets killed by them or forced to stay on the island with the others because they believe she is one of them.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 11:17:44 PM »
Welcome LFC,

Yeah, the obvious reason is that they know that Ben led the "hostile"/natives in Dharmacaust. So all natives are bad guys. The obvious answer is often wrong, but I think it's the best one we have right now.

Offline gjohnson

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2008, 12:16:37 PM »

The D-Team seemed pretty upset to learn that Juliet was not an Oceanic survivor. They called her a native. Maybe she gets killed by them or forced to stay on the island with the others because they believe she is one of them.

I think that they seemed excited at potentially getting closer to their primary objective.

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2008, 02:34:30 PM »
Juliet most likely dies. I don't see her missing a chance to get off the island or volunteering to stay behind.

Man hands??? I didn't see that  :o