Author Topic: Hurley and the cabin  (Read 5400 times)

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Hurley and the cabin
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2008, 06:44:30 PM »
Now with that said, how is it that Hurley is a "special" person on the island

It is easy to forget with all that has happened, but Hurley does have a unique connection to the island via the numbers

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2008, 06:44:39 PM »

Offline Abaddons Key

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2008, 06:46:49 PM »
There it is, just trying to bring something significant to the forefront  :)  IMO this is the best mystery going right now.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2008, 07:04:26 PM »
Welcome, Mr. Key!

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2008, 10:42:32 AM »
I can't imagine that nobody noticed something very telling in last weeks episode and also, that it hasn't been discussed thoroughly already.  However, I haven't seen anything amongst the posts that spoke to this episode so here goes.

While Locke's group was wandering the jungle and I believe it was before they met with the other female jumper, Hurley let something slip that, for some reason, he wanted kept to himself (there is a history of people not communicating things both normal and weird that happened to them on the island, in fact I've only noticed Hurley ever speaking up about some of the stranger things).  He admitted half consciously that he had seen AND knows about Jacobs Cabin(he doesn't know about Jacob just the cabin).  The second he spoke those words both Locke and Ben's eyes lite up with surprise while nobody else reacted.  I assume this to mean you must be "special" in order to even see the cabin. 

Now with that said, how is it that Hurley is a "special" person on the island.  If Locke and Ben aren't the only one's on the Island that would be deemed "special" then whoelse besides Hurley could be?

Could be nothing but this is Lost, you just never know.
can you give us a specific quote?  here is a link to the transcript from lostpedia.  all i can find that that hurley says about the cabin is the following:
HURLEY: I think the cabin was back that way