Author Topic: Hurley and the cabin  (Read 5387 times)

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Hurley and the cabin
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 06:54:53 AM »
Locke looked more amused than anything else.  Ben didn't look happy though.

Offline ActivityGrrrl

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 07:01:29 AM »
Excuse my ignorance wasn't the drunk pilot Jacob according to one of the mods articles??  Is that the same guy?

I know it's been addressed, but I wanted to say I thought that too for a second, but during an earlier commercial break, I was showing my husband the screen cap of Jacob from The Man Behind the Curtain, so when we both said, "Hey, is that..?" I realized it wasn't him just as quickly.  If I hadn't just seen the pic for the 42nd time, I'd have had to check it out.

Offline ActivityGrrrl

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 07:08:19 AM »
Both Ben and Locke seemed thrown off that Hurley had mentioned the cabin.  I guess they don't want anyone else in the "special" club.

Remember Hurley is actually the only one that was on 815 because of a reason tied to the island and it's mythology.  He was in Australia to investigate the numbers.

Could he be the actual "main" character or the reason 815 crashed on the island>

Yeah, they seemed shocked.  Ben looked like he wanted to kill him, Locke looked like he wanted to interview him.

What's the deal with the numbers these days, anyway?  They occur a bit here and there (like last week's "H-O" sneak) but there doesn't really seem to be much special about them anymore.  Did they die with the Swan?  That would be lame.

I love anything centered around Hurley - I'd love to see that he was the main attraction to the island for some important reason or task;  it could explain why he's his old seemingly unstable self.  (I said "seemingly".  I think he might be the most in-tune and sane one in the Funky Island Bunch.)

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 07:21:00 AM »
Helicopter number is N842M, I think.

Offline ActivityGrrrl

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2008, 07:30:14 AM »
Helicopter number is N842M, I think.

Thanks, Maxor127!  I missed that.  I had to miss a couple minutes and I'm pretty steamed.  (Literally!  LOL  There was a small kitchen emergency and I barely saw the helicopter.)

Offline gjohnson

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 09:13:56 AM »
Maybe Jacob is a dead person!
Hence the parapsychologist on the chopper?!

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 11:15:29 AM »
i thought the look on locke's face when hurley mentioned the cabin was more like, "dude!  you aren't supposed to SAY anything!  especially in front of BEN!!"

Offline Savior

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 11:19:30 AM »
I thought both seemed surprised that Hurley knew about the cabin. Both thinking they are very special and here is this 3rd guy that no one thinks much about, beyond that he is a nice guy, and he has seen the cabin.

Offline Alvarandthechipmunks

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 11:22:35 AM »
I thought both seemed surprised that Hurley knew about the cabin. Both thinking they are very special and here is this 3rd guy that no one thinks much about, beyond that he is a nice guy, and he has seen the cabin.
I agree, but I hope we all don't start concluding that it makes Hurley "Special". I'm thinking that anyone has the opportunity to see the cabin. It's just that opportunities haven't presented themselves to them yet. On the other hand, Hurley's visions are quite strong, what with him seeing Dave 2 seasons ago.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2008, 02:17:08 PM »
Yes, I'd say they were both surprised.  The most important thing I got out of it was that it seemed that maybe the cabin was an apparition to Hurley, as some have guessed, because he thought it was in the opposite direction from where Locke was taking them.  It also seems that it definitely wasn't Locke looking out at Hurley unless Locke was part of the alleged apparition. 

Offline honeymfw

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2008, 02:25:02 PM »
I think that both Ben and Locke were surprised because apparently they are the only ones who have probably seen Jacob.  BTW-My money is that Jacod is Christian Shepard.  Please don't kill me.  Ben was surprised that Locke heard Jacob and shot him in the side because he wants to be the only one in controll.

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2008, 04:06:09 PM »
The first go-round, I thought that Locke threw a glare at Hurley because after they hung out near the cabin in the last ep, he probably told him to keep it a secret.  I went into ep.2 assuming that Locke had explained Jacob to Hurley.

When Hurley spoke that he knew the direction of the cabin, Locke shot him the STFU stare but Ben picked up on it...or kill me.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2008, 04:08:19 PM »
The first go-round, I thought that Locke threw a glare at Hurley because after they hung out near the cabin in the last ep, he probably told him to keep it a secret.  I went into ep.2 assuming that Locke had explained Jacob to Hurley.

When Hurley spoke that he knew the direction of the cabin, Locke shot him the STFU stare but Ben picked up on it...or kill me.

Doesn't call for your death, but I think Locke was surprised.  In fact didn't Locke and Ben exchange glances.  I may be wrong.

Offline taki1379

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2008, 06:31:15 PM »
Locke gave a half smile to hurley, ben looked like he'd seen a ghost.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2008, 08:52:30 PM »
I dunno what to think...

If Hurley saw the real cabin, and it sure looked like the real thing, how can it be in a different place from where Locke thinks it is?

If it's some kind of apparition, well it's awfully real as Hurley was able to walk up on the little porch. And it looks an awful lot like the real thing.

I'm beginning to think it moves...

But mainly.... I dunno.