Author Topic: Locke Takes Orders From WalT  (Read 1510 times)

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Locke Takes Orders From WalT
« on: February 08, 2008, 01:41:34 PM »
ok not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but when Sawyer asks Locke who he's taking orders from these days, he didnt say Jacob, he said Walt

but he also said he wanted to go the cabin

SO

is Jacob not visible/existing to everyone?? Or does the island manifest itself into different people based on who's "special" at the time?

Locke didnt mention Jacob at all, but did mention the cabin, so its not like he was keeping quiet just because Ben was there, ya know?

island to ben = jacob
island to locke = walt
island to hurley = christian(??)

(if this has been posted please merge)

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Locke Takes Orders From WalT
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 01:48:14 PM »
I was wondering how long before Christian came up this week;) LOL!

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 01:59:15 PM »
I think Locke was being purposefully flippant with Sawyer as if to say, "I know you think I'm crazy, James, but guess what, there's a NEW new sheriff in town, and I'm giving the orders now".  He's also sticking it to Ben here. 

Besides, what was he going to say, "I'm taking my orders from the invisible man who can throw things across the room but can't step over some ashes"?

How fast would everyone else have turned around and starting screaming for Jack?

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 02:00:25 PM »
Locke was likely being coy.  Sure, he appears nutty mentioning that Walt gave him his orders.  But the other Losties know who Walt is.  It'd be much harder to explain, while the gaggle of Losties is traipsing thru the jungle, about the magical cabin & now-u-see-him-now-u-don't Jacob.  Which is why Locke & Ben froze when Hurley intimated that he'd seen the cabin.  Like any good cult leaders, those two know not to reveal the source of your special power/knowledge from god (ala Joseph Smith). Otherwise, it becomes harder to keep your followers in a state of reverence.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 02:05:00 PM »
I think Locke was being purposefully flippant with Sawyer as if to say, "I know you think I'm crazy, James, but guess what, there's a NEW new sheriff in town, and I'm giving the orders now".  He's also sticking it to Ben here. 

Besides, what was he going to say, "I'm taking my orders from the invisible man who can throw things across the room but can't step over some ashes"?

How fast would everyone else have turned around and starting screaming for Jack?

i feel you, but the same could be said about taking orders from a boy who has already left the island with his dad lol, or a boy period (despite being "taller")

not too mention sawyer says "ok so we're listening to taller ghost boy?"

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 02:05:40 PM »
Speaking of Christian appearing to Hurley, I'm wondering if Smokey is getting confused, with all these factions now running around.  Perhaps he was expecting Jack to stumble upon the cabin, so presented himself as Christian.  Yet when Hurley, thru his growing powers, found the cabin instead, he upset the 'proper' timeline, or split the timelines in two.  Result: Jack's "We shouldn't even be here", the same plane in the Sunda Trench  but from another timeline, Des & Charlie having alternate timelines, etc.  Way to go, Hurley!!!

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 02:09:39 PM »
It wasn't still very recent in the timeline that Sawyer confronted the power of faith/fate, when the very man he wanted to kill was put in front of him by Locke.  So, Sawyer naturally would be predisposed at this point to continue believing in the power of Locke, however nutty it may appear on the surface.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 08:12:21 PM »

i feel you, but the same could be said about taking orders from a boy who has already left the island with his dad lol, or a boy period (despite being "taller")

not too mention sawyer says "ok so we're listening to taller ghost boy?"

Oh yeah, it's still crazy, but it's also the literal truth...