Author Topic: Mrs. Gardner's House= Eko  (Read 4259 times)

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Mrs. Gardner's House= Eko
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2008, 09:06:48 PM »
anyone notice the other threads about this topic?

lmfao jk jk.. sorry :[ i had to.. but yes, that **** is prettttttttty trippy... reminds me of the multiple desmond/penny pics :)

Offline Namaste

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2008, 09:08:08 PM »
Does anyone know if there is a tread for the Oceanic Airline Golden Pass?

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2008, 11:02:56 PM »
It's funny to me that everyone is thinking Eko.  I was totally thinking the house was that of Michael's mother whom he called from the airport to ask if she would raise Walt for him.  The whole scene struck me as "what happened to her since she told Michael no."  Walt is lost, Michael is back, a drug addict, and murdered - and hence in a casket in a funeral parlor with no one but Jack visiting him.

Hmmm...intesteresting.  I never thought of Michael - but this is good. 

HOWEVER....when did Michael die?  He's not dead yet, right? (as we know at this point) 

Offline joshzam

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2008, 01:07:03 AM »
When Miles gets to Ms Gardiner's house, take a look at the frame around the picture of the boy. its brown with and old looking rope around the edge ("frame 2 downstairs" in the investigations). Then Miles goes upstairs to do his "ghostbusting" thing and when he comes back down and says, "yes, he's at peace now" he looks at the wall with the SAME picture on it, and the picture is in a different frame! it looks newer and more modern. almost like he did it himself and was checking to make sure the frame changed. did he change time somehow? I dont know what to make of this, but I'd really like the help the people who's feedback I'v come to know and love.

Not only did that frame change, but the pictures around that one changed completely! Before Miles goes upstairs, there is a pictures of a woman in a red shirt hugging a child to the left of the main photo, and later there is just a boy in a blue shirt. You'd have to go out of your way to actually change all the pictures on a wall.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2008, 11:05:00 AM »
if that was a picture of walt, it would look like walt, which it does not.  it looks like eko as a child.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2008, 02:32:05 PM »
It does look like Eko, but as someone else pointed out already the hairline is off, Eko had a lower one, and the boy's eyebrows in the picture are much thinner than Eko's were.  It is possible that the prop department wanted to have young Eko in the house and asked the actor to send in a photo and that photo could have been more recent or more earlier (?) from the time we saw this kid in the episode.  Eh. Couple of interesting things here though:

1. Both Eko and grandson made criminal choices at a young age.  Both ended up dealing drugs and making a lot of money for it.  And both ended in someone's death- grandson died himself, and indirectly Eko killed Yemi.  But both cared very much for their relatives at the same time.  Very similar stories hm?

2. Frames changing. And the fact that this woman has 2-3 copies of the same photo in her house.  I agree, it does seem like we were really MEANT to see this kid's picture.  Was it because it was Eko?  Maybe, but that doesn't really make sense.  I feel that it was just for the human emotion part...this guy Miles doesn't really seem to enjoy his gift that much, but he uses it anyways to stay alive.  I think having him look so intently at the pictures showed that he does have a human side, even after he just stole a bunch of money from upstairs. 

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2008, 02:41:08 PM »
I don't mind any of this Eko talk, but I absolutely demand to be satisified as to why Harold Perrineau was listed as a working actor on this epsiode!  (I'm stamping my feet over here.  :D)

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2008, 02:49:44 PM »
If he was listed as a working actor it had nothing to do with the experience at this woman's house.  The only male voice was Miles, and the pictures are not of Micheal. 

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2008, 02:50:59 PM »
You don't think he was the whispering ghost?

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2008, 03:45:53 PM »
.  I feel that it was just for the human emotion part...this guy Miles doesn't really seem to enjoy his gift that much, but he uses it anyways to stay alive.  I think having him look so intently at the pictures showed that he does have a human side, even after he just stole a bunch of money from upstairs. 
i think Miles has a definite GIFT, one that he USUALLY uses to his benifit.  (at the grandmother's home, to get money, not really to provide peace)  BUT i think this whole oceanic expidition is some sort of quest for him (as it is for all of the dropees), a quest that will require him to use his gift for something other than his own benifit.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2008, 03:50:27 PM »
I don't know, I never heard any whispers!
.  I feel that it was just for the human emotion part...this guy Miles doesn't really seem to enjoy his gift that much, but he uses it anyways to stay alive.  I think having him look so intently at the pictures showed that he does have a human side, even after he just stole a bunch of money from upstairs. 
i think Miles has a definite GIFT, one that he USUALLY uses to his benifit.  (at the grandmother's home, to get money, not really to provide peace)  BUT i think this whole oceanic expidition is some sort of quest for him (as it is for all of the dropees), a quest that will require him to use his gift for something other than his own benifit.
I bet he was offered a fat paycheck too. 

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2008, 03:54:39 PM »
I don't know, I never heard any whispers!
I bet he was offered a fat paycheck too. 
probably, but i don't think that's his motivation.  i think this is an ultimate quest of sorts for the 4-muskateers.  plus, i'm sure he can make plenty scamming people with his ghostbusting dustbuster.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2008, 04:19:09 PM »

That's well said.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2008, 09:19:22 PM »

probably, but i don't think that's his motivation.  i think this is an ultimate quest of sorts for the 4-muskateers.  plus, i'm sure he can make plenty scamming people with his ghostbusting dustbuster.

I agree LB, I think they all have personal reasons for being there.