Author Topic: Speaking to dead people  (Read 7320 times)

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Speaking to dead people
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2008, 01:16:20 AM »
i think hurley really does see dead people, but his ability only manifests itself when he has a lot of guilt. I think dave was one of the people who died in the deck collapse, maybe was a good friend and he didnt leave untill he was able to let go of his guilt about it, but returned when he was filled with self loathing about hoarding food and thinking he wasnt good enough for libby. just a thought.

Offline CurtYanko

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2008, 12:58:51 PM »
What's the deal with the frame on that boys photo? It's changed when Miles comes back down!

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2008, 01:18:04 PM »
post #4976

*cough...alternate reality...cough*  ;)

Offline Lost-N-Detroit

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2008, 07:31:09 PM »
Miles machine (lil dirt devil w/flashing lights) makes a distraction to the ghosts and puts them in a position where they can't do any harm. similar to the dirt/salt around the cabin. It keeps the ghosts at bay while Miles talks to the ghosts to find answers out that the ghosts don't want to give up. After finding out about the drugs and money Miles takes the money but leaves the drugs, stops his dust buster and then states, "You can go now." My one question would be if the old lady was being haunted by her son/grandson?

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2008, 08:28:26 PM »
I think she probably was aware of her grandson's presence, which would be why she contacted Miles in the first place.  But I hope he eventually left the poor woman alone.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2008, 04:51:52 PM »
I agree with Maggie!

Miles's interaction with the ghost was intriguing. It's almost as those he had the ghost trapped there. Something about, "I want to tell her you're gone, but you have to help me first". And then at the end Miles seems to be giving the ghost permission to go.