Author Topic: A Man on Their Boat  (Read 16183 times)

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: A Man on Their Boat
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2008, 11:40:55 AM »
The plant is not going to be someone they fished out of the ocean.

Agreed, Ben probably has alot of outside contacts, in alot of places.  And they seem to be able to get any info they want on anyone.  Also, don't forget how Juliet's ex met his ironic end!  They may have more than just a crooked politician or two in their pockets.

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2008, 12:59:14 PM »
Ben says 'Because I have a man on their boat' so Im presuming its male, could be another one of Ben's lies but Im sticking with my hunch that the mole is indeed a man.
I initially thought it was Michael and am not totally convinced it isnt but I am swaying more to it being an Other we havent yet seen.
As for the polar bear remains in the desert, my first thought was that maybe Dharma have been doing similar experiments in different locations around the glove, The Islands warm tropical conditions, maybe the Deserts dry hot conditions etc... my first thought anyway.

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2008, 01:12:18 PM »
Patchy is dead... no island magic can patch Patchy back up when he explodes on a grenade and the producers have already confirmed him dead.

producers confirming someone dead doesnt hold weight    <--------so i've been told

Offline Atomictk

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2008, 01:14:39 PM »
Let's not forget that it is not just Michael we have to consider, but Michael and Walt. They were together.

I do believe Michael is Ben's man, and that both he and Walt are privy to information, somehow. Remember, Walt appeared to John and warned him about the "not penny's boat" people. How would he know unless he was with them?

Ben sent Michael to specific coordinates knowing he'd be picked up, and knowing he could use him. Ben hasn't let anyone leave that island; why Michael? I believe Michael was brainwashed. He was different when he came back the first time. They showed us a brainwashing center for some reason; no one else seems to be the one(s) it was used on.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2008, 04:14:04 PM »
Let's not forget that it is not just Michael we have to consider, but Michael and Walt. They were together.

I do believe Michael is Ben's man, and that both he and Walt are privy to information, somehow. Remember, Walt appeared to John and warned him about the "not penny's boat" people. How would he know unless he was with them?

Ben sent Michael to specific coordinates knowing he'd be picked up, and knowing he could use him. Ben hasn't let anyone leave that island; why Michael? I believe Michael was brainwashed. He was different when he came back the first time. They showed us a brainwashing center for some reason; no one else seems to be the one(s) it was used on.

I don't believe it is Michael, but I had to comment on the brainwashing part.  A translation of the paper Charlotte was holding mentioned something about brainwashing.  I think it was in the investigations section.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2008, 05:15:07 PM »
definately     Michael, he was my first thought as soon as i heard him say that.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2008, 06:29:24 PM »
I don't agree that Ben's "man" is Michael.  I don't think they would take the chance that he would just be fished out of the ocean and automatically have access to all of the boat people's information.  What if he didn't meet the boat like he was supposed to?  What if they kept him separated in a different area?  There are too many variables that could make that not work.

The "man" is someone that was on the boat to begin with, something that the boat people believe is on their side.  I sort of like the idea that it is Kelvin but I'm not sure.  If not then it is someone we have not seen before.

And yes, I do think it is a man rather than a woman because because Ben said man.  If it were a woman he could have said, "I have a spy on their boat."  Sure he could have lied but in this case I don't think he did.

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2008, 06:43:08 PM »
i have to say that, if we're talking bout THOSE 2, i'd go with Walt has Bens man! lol
Michael could never get that kind of info out of the boaties! and we all know Walt is special lol
besides, walt can get around a computer, better than Micheal i'd say!

i'm not saying i think it's Walt, i'm still cooking that idea.......

besides, both Jamie and Jugs made quite good points!

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2008, 06:51:52 PM »
How about if Ben's 'man on the boat' is in fact not actually on the boat?
He may just be a 'spy' who has gathered all information about the boats personel, there is absolutley no doubt Ben has the means to gather information on many people.
This could be another one of Ben's lies - he seemed pretty desperate towards the end of S05E02 and this 'bombshell' could be anough to get Locke's attention long enough.
Unlikley but maybe worth considering.

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2008, 06:54:56 PM »
How about if Ben's 'man on the boat' is in fact not actually on the boat?
He may just be a 'spy' who has gathered all information about the boats personel, there is absolutley no doubt Ben has the means to gather information on many people.
This could be another one of Ben's lies - he seemed pretty desperate towards the end of S05E02 and this 'bombshell' could be anough to get Locke's attention long enough.
Unlikley but maybe worth considering.

LOL, you meant S04E02 right??? LOL or do you know something i don't??? :D :D :D jk

Ben did seem desperate and he'd say anything by then to get his fate back in his hand and not Lockes (ho he thinks is a murderer but ain't)

but he still must have gotten a way to get all that info!
i mean, Mikail used to be his "man with the goods", who is it now???

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2008, 07:02:14 PM »
lol, S04 :) (ive been busy with a show called Shameless here in the UK, thats S05) sorry for any confusion :)
It appears that many people want to help Ben or at least are happy to be associated with his 'work' on the Island so I assume the 'man on the boat' could be someone that we havent seen before.
Ben keeps saying he is one of the good guys, perhaps protecting the Islands mysteries - maybe he just wants to keep the outsiders out.
It will be interesting to find out exactly what Miles etc want with Ben, most think its because of the purge, killing the Dharma scientists which is probably correct, however maybe he is wanted for another reason, something he has done off the Island?

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2008, 07:05:52 PM »
yeah, i have that same feeling too Rebel!
Even tho Ben says he was born on the island and never left (we know it's a lie) he must have had proper education somewhere else!
He must have left eventually!
That picture that Miles had could be on the island but something tells me its not!!!!

Ben has been to the outside world since he was brought to the island and brought some atention to himself that brought these guys after him!
They seem to be looking for the island for a while..... same as Penny's guys.....
oh, man, i can't wait for the next epi LOL

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2008, 07:16:45 PM »
The first thought I had about the photo of Ben was that it was definatley taken off the Island, looks like a phyc unit or something to me - maybe Ben escaped!!?
Main reason I think its taken off the Island is bacause how would these people end up with a nice, posed picture of their favorite wierdo? It was either emailed/ faxed to them by an 'insider' working for them on the Island or someone has been to the Island to take that picture before returning to the real world to pass it around.
IMO the photo was definatley not taken on the Island.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 07:18:28 PM by Rebel 3:16 »

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2008, 07:19:04 PM »
The first thought I had about the photo of Ben was that it was definatley take off the Island, looks like a phco unit or something to me - maybe Ben escaped!!?
Main reason I think its taken off the Island is bacause how would these people end up with a nice, posed picture of their favorite wierdo? It was either emailed/ faxed to them by an 'insider' working for them on the Island or someone has been to the Island to take that picture before returning to the real world to pass it around.
IMO definatley taken off the Island.

ok, you're prolly right..... not likely that someone from the island would send a picture of Ben out...... no reason!
Unless it was Juliet LOL but she didnt know about these guys!

So, Ben was off island at some point and got some cool enemies out there, Abaddon among them, but how? and why?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2008, 07:22:38 PM »
I would assume that the only way that picture was taken on island and sent off island would be if it was pre purge, when Ben was still Dharma. I think we have a nice flashback in the future with Ben off the island making some deals. He is a con artist at heart.