Author Topic: A Man on Their Boat  (Read 17243 times)

Offline Mom2Lindsey

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: A Man on Their Boat
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 12:30:54 AM »
If it was Michael maybe he was feeding the info because Ben or "the island" still had Walt as a condition of him helping them.
The first thing I thought was Richard though. It seems like he and Ethan are the only ones that have really traveled back and forth from the island on missions.
Was Richard last sent to a temple though? What is up with that?

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 12:40:47 AM »
Patchy is dead... no island magic can patch Patchy back up when he explodes on a grenade and the producers have already confirmed him dead.

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 12:50:51 AM »
It could just be someone we haven't seen yet like Bonnie and friend underwater. 

However, Sayid did have an interesting line, when he asked the one rescuer why he was not surprised to see him if they found Oceanic 815 underwater.  At the time I assumed it was the pilot, but that could also lead to Michael.   

Offline Austruck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 12:53:01 AM »
When Miles takes the sat-phone, doesn't he ask for Mikhail (and is told Mikhail can't come to the phone right away)?

Or was that a different name and I misheard it?

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2008, 01:01:49 AM »
no he asks for Minkowsky (sp?) or the george person that jack and kate spoke to earlier on the sat phone

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 02:46:38 AM »
Ok, if Ben sent Michael to the boat, that would mean he knew the boat existed before sending Micheal there...and Ben would know that because he'd already have a man on the boat, right? lol...Plus I doubt the people on the boat would fill Micheal in on their plans.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 10:35:58 AM »
1.  I think Michael is on the boat, but not Ben's contact.  Why you ask?  Because he's a stranger to the boat/freighter people they are not going to tell him or give him access to all the information that ben had.  AND how is Michael going to contact ben?  Does he have a sat phone too?  Doesn't make sense since Ben doesn't have a sat phone. 

2.  I think it is probably an other on the boat, one that we have not seen.  But will see.  I think it is an other who has been off the island and is working inside the dharma/widmore/whatever organization and is on there feeding info to ben somehow.  the others on the boat do not suspect this person, because they think he/she is one of them.  when really he's one of THEM.  lol.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 10:56:51 AM »
It is not Richard Alpert, we just saw him on the island like 7 days ago(island time) tops. He is leading the Others to the ruins. No way he could leave the island, get on the boat and get all of the information to ben in that time frame'.

What if his person on the boat was Charllotte. The woman he shot(he knew she had a vest on). It would be classic Ben to cover his tracks in such drastic way. Just throwing that one out there.

Offline Alvarandthechipmunks

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 10:59:15 AM »
It is not Richard Alpert, we just saw him on the island like 7 days ago(island time) tops. He is leading the Others to the ruins. No way he could leave the island, get on the boat and get all of the information to ben in that time frame'.

What if his person on the boat was Charllotte. The woman he shot(he knew she had a vest on). It would be classic Ben to cover his tracks in such drastic way. Just throwing that one out there.
It would stand true to a classic LOST twist! Good point!

Offline *MaZ*

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2008, 10:59:41 AM »
Makes sense...and then she enjoys seeing the ass who just shot her twice in the chest (despite vest quite painful indeed) being almost shot himself.
It also explains how he knows so much about her.

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2008, 11:01:12 AM »
Could that also coincide with Charlotte's smug little smile in seeing the polar bear Hydra collar? We do know that Others have made it into the real world, Richard for example, videorecording Juliett's sister.

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2008, 11:03:40 AM »
Giving it more thought, I'm not so sure now. Remember the phone conversation by the chopper? That gal said what's-his-name (sorry, no DVR) "couldn't" come to the phone right now. Makes me think the spy has control of the ship personnel.

Offline Savior

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2008, 11:07:00 AM »
All 4 boaties have some sort of island reference or association in their flashback, Faraday's being the weakest because he was just very upset about the wreckage.  I find it odd that "fake Oceanic attorney" would miss Charlotte's background ties with Ben and/or dharma and add her to the mission.  

Of course, he could be "with Ben" also....

Offline Fallybear

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2008, 11:26:45 AM »
Could that also coincide with Charlotte's smug little smile in seeing the polar bear Hydra collar? We do know that Others have made it into the real world, Richard for example, videorecording Juliett's sister.

This is a valid deduction. I think Charlotte's expression when she found the Polar Bear was surprising. It was not the "wtf???" you'd might expect.

I'm guessing we're onto an Orchid explanation that during a Dharma experiment,the Polar Bear was teleported to the desert. The difference in island time and "real" time might explain why it appears that the bear bones are hundreds of years old when they may have been teleported sooner.

Her expression might reveal a more a "wow they really did it!!" look. Take this a step further and this might indicate a relationship between her and Dharma or Others..

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2008, 11:28:52 AM »
The plant is not going to be someone they fished out of the ocean.