Author Topic: A Man on Their Boat  (Read 17010 times)

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: A Man on Their Boat
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2008, 12:29:14 PM »

My biggest reason for thinking it might be true, though, is that Harold Perrineau's name is in the credits.  Since he wasn't shown, I can only guess that he may have been one of the voices on the radio or he was a whisperer or something.

Right. He could just show up in flash forwards I guess, but it seems much more likely that he's on the boat.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2008, 01:13:46 PM »
I was thinking it might be him on the boat too, since we know he is coming back
But for one that would be too obvious and 2nd it doesn't make any sense.
If Ben had him as an inside man that would mean that Ben knew that the freighter was on its way..when he sent Micahel and Walt on the boat
It would also means that Ben and Michael struck a deal before they set off into the sunset
I don't think it will be Michael after all.  Of course anything is possible

Maybe Patchy? We know he never dies ! LOL

Blackrock Bob

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2008, 01:53:11 PM »
We saw "Taller" Walt talk to Locke at the end of last season.
It could mean that Walt is being held once again to make Michael do Ben's bidding.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2008, 02:00:32 PM »
We saw "Taller" Walt talk to Locke at the end of last season.
It could mean that Walt is being held once again to make Michael do Ben's bidding.
Yes that makes sense....I didn't think of that! I guess the question would be if we assume that Michael is the inside man, how can he be on the freighter and still communicating with Ben? Through Walt?   And does this mean that Ben knew when he sent Michael & Walt off in the boat that the freighter was on its way?  And is Walt really on the island giving instructions to Locke? or is he somehow teleporting?
ARG!! too many more questions

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2008, 04:06:16 PM »

Totally agree, I dont think Ben would use the term 'a man on the boat' for Walt, Walt after all is still a boy, and it was only a couple of months ago on the Island Ben's people were refering to Walt as 'the boy'.

Ben is such a liar that I'm not even sure his agent is on the boat. The info he got on Charlotte could have been obtained as far back as when the team was being formed.

If Ben says it's a man, I figure the probability that it's actually a man drops about 30 points.

i guess LAS and I are on the same page.... i agree with most LAS said till now....

And yes!, just because Ben sais something, it doesn't make it true!

i have thought too that maybe Ben has got the info, but not the mole!.....

I love Lost LOL

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2008, 04:46:13 PM »
the man on the boat is Ethan. 

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2008, 05:26:19 PM »
Charlie shot Ethan.

I'm with Michael and Walt for now.

Subject to change based upon new evidence ;)

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2008, 05:45:06 PM »
yes, but has charlie shot him yet?  if time doesn't matter, or realities are crossed, Ethan may not yet have been born.

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2008, 05:48:27 PM »
yes, but has charlie shot him yet?  if time doesn't matter, or realities are crossed, Ethan may not yet have been born.

ouch my brain!!!!
(its just a tiny one)

Offline goober

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2008, 05:55:20 PM »
William Mapother (the actor who plays Ethan) is not listed on any of the credits for the upcoming 6 episodes. Harold Perrineau is.

I'm sticking with Michael.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2008, 06:22:52 PM »
I think Michael's on the boat. It's an open question whether the inside "man" is Michael, Walt, Minkowski, the woman who answered the phone, someone else on the boat, someone not on the boat.

There, I'm sure glad I had this chance to clear everything up!  ;D  ;)

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2008, 06:46:34 PM »
what i still dont get is how ben can get SO much information about people, things that no one should know other than the person themselves (i.e. sawyer shooting who he thought was the conman Sawyer in sydney). I mean this guy has to have people everywhere and they have to be like ghosts.

unless jacob is telling him these things that no one else should no.

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2008, 06:51:49 PM »
unless jacob is telling him these things that no one else should no.

I think you may be onto something - the Smoke reads thoughts/memories, we have seen it only with Locke and Eko, so has it read everyones mind on the Island? Some sort of futuristic mind reading technology? Everything the Smoke learns is relayed to Ben?
If so, why dioes Juliette lock the Smoke out of the compound? (when her and Kate are being chased by it?)
On the other hand, we have also seen what information Patchy was able of gather on individuals too.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2008, 08:23:14 PM »
I think just about everything the Others know about the Losties comes from public records. One example that sticks in my mind was Michael's custody hearing and the opposing lawyer telling him that he doesn't know much about his son. Later Klugh uses the same line on him. Juliet knows all about Jack, at least as far as public records can take her. He's divorced, why he's divorced etc. Ben's reeling off of facts about Charlotte is in this same mold.

We don't know why Sawyer was arrested and put on the first plane out of Australia, but I'll bet the Aussies know he killed the guy. But also know they won't be able to make a case in course. Hence, public record, hence the Others know it.

OTOH, something on the island can get into people's heads. I assume it's Smokie, but we don't know for absolutely sure. But this entity can take over delirious Sawyer and have him ask Kate (in her father's voice) why she killed him, can masquerade as Yemi, and on and on.

I don't know yet how much communication there is in the Smokie/Jacob/Ben triangle.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2008, 12:28:17 AM »
i thought the reason sawyer was arrested was that he either spit on or hit some austrailian statesman, or something like that