Author Topic: A Man on Their Boat  (Read 17852 times)

Offline pauinha6

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: A Man on Their Boat
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2008, 07:25:46 PM »
Ben his cold and calculist! What ever he did outsde teh island was bad enough that Abaddon would use money and means to find HIM and THE ISLAND!

again, i don't think Ben is their "primary objective" either....

Offline Foxyschic

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2008, 07:36:15 PM »
It is not Richard Alpert, we just saw him on the island like 7 days ago(island time) tops. He is leading the Others to the ruins. No way he could leave the island, get on the boat and get all of the information to ben in that time frame'.

What if his person on the boat was Charllotte. The woman he shot(he knew she had a vest on). It would be classic Ben to cover his tracks in such drastic way. Just throwing that one out there.

Ooooh! That is a GOOD theory!!  No, actually really GREAT!!!  She looked completely vulnerable when he was sharing all of that information, but it could have been because she thought he was selling her out!  I hadn't thought of that! But, it would be classic Ben.  SHE is his contact. He DID know she would have on a vest.  And maybe even her work in finding the DHARMA polar bear...was she researching the end of DHARMA in other places in the world???  Was that why she was so certain that the plane wreckage found was a fake? Ben maybe had already told her of the Losties on his island!!!!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2008, 07:38:26 PM »
That is a good point, maybe ben told her where to look for that polar bear. Sounds better and better

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2008, 08:24:21 PM »
I don't think so.  Doesn't do you much good having a mole when they're trapped with you.  Kind of defeats the whole purpose of having a mole.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2008, 08:24:29 PM »
I cannot freaking believe that I'm saying this :D, but is it possible that Locke didn't blow the sub & someone has made their way onto the freighter unnoticed?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2008, 10:14:45 PM »
The man on the boat can not be Kelvin or Patchy. First of all both are dead. Nor could it be Richard, no way they could be on the boat. They can not get off the island, and if the freightor picked them up then they would know where the island is.

SO the only two who make sense is Michael or some one we have not met yet

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2008, 10:40:43 PM »
Um, tell me again why Ben would shoot Charlotte if he knew she was wearing a vest?

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2008, 10:51:03 PM »

I think Paula might have suggested that Walt is Ben's man. And I can see how that could be. Maybe some of that brainwashing took. If the two of them are on the boat, Walt would likely be given more freedom than Michael. Perhaps enough to break into computer or other files.... but how does he get such information to Ben? As far as we know the island has been cut off since the sky turned purple (the day Michael and Walt left). Or am I wrong about that...?

It does seem to make more sense that the mole is someone who's known about the dream team for quite some time and has been feeding info to Ben for quite a while. And, as someone else mentioned (Ladybug maybe?), if Ben knew where the boat was, he could give Michael a heading that would take him there.

So my current betting is that the mole has been at it for a while, probably someone we've not met yet. But that Michael and Walt are on the boat and are maybe the cause of Minkowski not coming to the phone.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2008, 02:25:30 AM »
Holy cow, that opened a new can of worms in my brain.

Think about it a little bit more for a second.  Who do we know or (i guess we still think this) can project himself in certain places.  Walt has abilitites and powers to be in more than one place.   

WOOOHOOOO   I think it might be WALT now

Offline jumbotron

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2008, 03:05:30 AM »
I'll put in my vote for Minkowski.  Fisher Stevens is too good of an actor to just be doing voice overs.  I'm convinced we will see him and see him soon.  Michaels got no loyalty to the others and more than likely has no access to personelle files.  Walt is an interesting option too!

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2008, 08:22:54 AM »

Totally agree, I dont think Ben would use the term 'a man on the boat' for Walt, Walt after all is still a boy, and it was only a couple of months ago on the Island Ben's people were refering to Walt as 'the boy'. I do however think that 'if' Michael is the 'mole' then Ben may still have Walt on the Island, this would explain why Michael could be co-operating with Ben. Another thing to back this up was that Michael has already gone 'undercover' for Ben once, to rescue him whilst shooting Ana and Libby, so we know he would do pretty much anything for Walt.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2008, 08:55:41 AM »
Holy cow, that opened a new can of worms in my brain.

Think about it a little bit more for a second.  Who do we know or (i guess we still think this) can project himself in certain places.  Walt has abilitites and powers to be in more than one place.   

WOOOHOOOO   I think it might be WALT now

Weeeeellll, projection would be a way to communicate which overcomes one of my problems. But that still seems far fetched, even for Lost.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2008, 09:00:52 AM »

Totally agree, I dont think Ben would use the term 'a man on the boat' for Walt, Walt after all is still a boy, and it was only a couple of months ago on the Island Ben's people were refering to Walt as 'the boy'.

Ben is such a liar that I'm not even sure his agent is on the boat. The info he got on Charlotte could have been obtained as far back as when the team was being formed.

If Ben says it's a man, I figure the probability that it's actually a man drops about 30 points.

Blackrock Bob

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2008, 10:05:44 AM »
The man on the boat can not be Kelvin or Patchy. First of all both are dead. Nor could it be Richard, no way they could be on the boat. They can not get off the island, and if the freightor picked them up then they would know where the island is.

I have to agree that the big shock would be Michael. Maybe Michael without Walt. Maybe Ben has Walt once again and is pulling Michael's strings?

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2008, 10:39:17 AM »
There's a lot of speculation that Michael is Ben's inside man on the boat.  I think this is based on nothing more than the fact that he headed off into the sunset and we have no idea what happened to him.  In my opinion, it would make little sense at all for this to be true, but it's not impossible..

For one thing, if the crew of the boat fished him out of the ocean he wouldn't be put in any kind of position of trust by the crew.  On the other hand, he's on the manifest and probably has a good story as to why The Others released him.  Also, it's not as if Ben has specifically stated that he has a Patchy-quality spy on board.  The information about C.S. Lewis is pretty impressive, but it's all stuff you'd find on a resumé.  Within 5 minutes of an honest conversation with Michael, it's pretty likely that he'd reveal a bitterness regarding Ben, prompting the crew to share this part of the mission with him.

I don't see how or why Michael would get this info back to Ben, though.  These two questions are the source of my doubt about him being the inside man.

My biggest reason for thinking it might be true, though, is that Harold Perrineau's name is in the credits.  Since he wasn't shown, I can only guess that he may have been one of the voices on the radio or he was a whisperer or something.