Author Topic: A Man on Their Boat  (Read 14098 times)

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: A Man on Their Boat
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2008, 04:52:02 PM »
I don't think Annie's on the boat.  My guess is she took over Vicki's job on The Love Boat.

Hardee har har  ;D

I guess that means the Love Boat has sailed for Ben.  No wonder he's such a crankity crankmeister!

Offline bubbles

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2008, 05:08:09 PM »

I wonder if the supply crates are being dropped on The Island the same way that the polar bear was dropped in Tunisia. The same way that Jacob's cabin was dropped from one end of a field to the other. The same way that Walt was dropped in front of Shannon in the rain. The same way Bunny 15 was dropped on the top shelf...
Seriously- I'm so on board with this.
[/quote]

I am on board with this too.  I am thinking that not only could they be from another part of the world, but maybe another time.  Like back in the 70's when Dharma was alive and well on the island. 

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2008, 05:23:07 PM »

Hardee har har  ;D

I guess that means the Love Boat has sailed for Ben.  No wonder he's such a crankity crankmeister!

Ben could definitely use a massage.  I wonder if there's a message therapist amongst the Others?  Perhaps he/she only knows that voodoo Reiki treatment...

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Theory: Michael is Ben's man on the boat
« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2008, 11:25:13 PM »
Ben has a man on the boat. I'm betting it's Michael. What do you think?

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Theory: Michael is Ben's man on the boat
« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2008, 11:26:17 PM »
There is a huge thread in last weeks episode that has the same theory along with many other people as well.

Offline Halsfire

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Ben's man on the boat.
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2008, 03:37:43 PM »
This idea just smacked me upside the head: Ben has a man on the freighter. Who did he send out into the sea on a specific bearing and who's showing back up in the episode "Meet Kelvin Johnson? Michael.

It would make sence. Ben sends Michael out in the boat promising "You will find rescue", the bearing leads him to the freighter, he gets picked up and becomes part of the crew and somehow remains in contact with Ben. Seeing as how Ben doesn't have a very hard time using people for whatever he wants it's not too far fetched of a thing for him to pull off.

This isn't really a spoiler since it just a wild guess on my part. Could be someone entirely different.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 03:43:16 PM by Halsfire »

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Ben's man on the boat.
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2008, 03:48:22 PM »
I like it, but how in the heck are they talking to each other?

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2008, 04:03:41 PM »
I like it, but how in the heck are they talking to each other?

Perhaps on a frequency that was not blocked by the Looking Glass station - they were able to communicate via walkie on the island so perhaps Michael has one - I kinda like the theory.....of course now that Ben has been captured, communication is broken....

Offline Lost Ed

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2008, 04:07:13 PM »
I've been a Michael on the boat guy for awhile, but only because he shows up in the credits and I know he's returning to the show.  The only other way is FF or FB or the island sucks him back in and crashes on the shore like everyone else seems to do.