Author Topic: A Man on Their Boat  (Read 16146 times)

Offline joshzam

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: A Man on Their Boat
« Reply #105 on: February 12, 2008, 09:20:37 PM »
When the cats are away, the mice will play.

Regina and George Minkowski are in the middle of a torrid sexual encounter when Miles calls. That's why he can't come to the phone. And that's why she is in such a rush to hang up  ;)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 10:09:11 AM by joshzam »

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 12, 2008, 10:05:26 PM »

Regina and George Minkowski are in the middle of a torrid sexual encounter when Miles calls. Thanks why he can't come to the phone. And that's why she is in such a rush to hang up  ;)

They're the only one within 100 miles then... :P

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 12, 2008, 11:01:32 PM »

Regina and George Minkowski are in the middle of a torrid sexual encounter when Miles calls. Thanks why he can't come to the phone. And that's why she is in such a rush to hang up  ;)

THis is the most logical theory that I have heard in a long time.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 12, 2008, 11:02:08 PM »

Regina and George Minkowski are in the middle of a torrid sexual encounter when Miles calls. Thanks why he can't come to the phone. And that's why she is in such a rush to hang up  ;)

THis is the most logical theory that I have heard in a long time. ;D ;D

Offline DaveDargo

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2008, 08:43:12 AM »
Could Penny Widmore be the "man" on the boat?  Only Ben knew about the Looking Glass.  He was in contact with Bonnie and the other wifey and when Charlie switched the light off she just happened to be contacting them.  Penny gives info to Bonnie and friend and they tell Ben.

Of course this assumes that they switched the blocking off to be able to get the info from Penny so maybe she was in contact with the flame until the sky went purple/the flame blew up?  Obviously Penny didn't know what was happening on the island, after the sky went purple/flame blew up, so was trying to contact the Looking Glass to find out what the dealio was.

Of course Desmond could be part of this too, or not even know he is, in that if they do stumble across a lostie they're looking for Desmond (e.g. when Naomi landed on the island and when Penny made contact with Charlie in the looking glass.

Or maybe I should just get back to work!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 08:50:18 AM by DaveDargo »

Offline bubbles

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2008, 11:08:16 AM »
Here is my theory on this, just to throw it out there.  I dont think it has been posted yet, but if it has, my apologies.

What if, as some have said, the "man" on the boat isn't a man but a woman?  Maybe it is Ben's girlfriend from the flashbacks?  Annie?  She is going to have to make it back into the story somehow, at least I assume she will.  And wouldn't it be just like Lost to throw us all off by saying "man"?  Not to mention throwing Charlotte off, in the event that she is once again able to communicate with her boat crew.

Just something that popped into my head...

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2008, 11:21:03 AM »
i think it's very possible it's a woman.  i think ben's use of the word "man" just meant he had SOMEONE on the boat.

Offline bubbles

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2008, 11:24:01 AM »
i think it's very possible it's a woman.  i think ben's use of the word "man" just meant he had SOMEONE on the boat.

Agreed.  What do you think about it maybe being Annie?

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2008, 12:22:31 PM »
It COULD be a woman......or a man.....
It COULD be Annie.....or someone we haven't met yet.....or someone we already know....
Maybe Ben got all his info about Charlotte the same way he got everyone else's histories.....or maybe he knows Charlotte personally.....
Maybe Ben is...... :o lying  :o ......about having someone on the boat!

My point is, not enough data.  We haven't been told much about Ben yet and we'll know more.......when they decide to tell us!  Until then, we can only guess, but the good news is that if we keep guessing we're bound to be right about something!  ;D

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2008, 03:17:59 PM »

Regina and George Minkowski are in the middle of a torrid sexual encounter when Miles calls. That's why he can't come to the phone. And that's why she is in such a rush to hang up  ;)
THIS WAS AWESOME!  Oh wait...not that.....THIS-

I wonder if the supply crates are being dropped on The Island the same way that the polar bear was dropped in Tunisia. The same way that Jacob's cabin was dropped from one end of a field to the other. The same way that Walt was dropped in front of Shannon in the rain. The same way Bunny 15 was dropped on the top shelf...
Seriously- I'm so on board with this.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2008, 03:25:30 PM »
It COULD be Annie.....or someone we haven't met yet.....or someone we already know....
Maybe Ben got all his info about Charlotte the same way he got everyone else's histories.....or maybe he knows Charlotte personally.....

My point is, not enough data.  We haven't been told much about Ben yet and we'll know more.......when they decide to tell us!  Until then, we can only guess, but the good news is that if we keep guessing we're bound to be right about something!  ;D
Party pooper. :P

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2008, 04:18:01 PM »

And if we keep guessing, our personal post counts will soar to the heavens!  :D

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2008, 04:26:05 PM »

Is there some sort of prize for building up our post counts?  I'm just waiting for the day I can get out of this horrible red shirt!  :(

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2008, 04:30:19 PM »

Is there some sort of prize for building up our post counts?  I'm just waiting for the day I can get out of this horrible red shirt!  :(

The red shirt is 1,000 times better than the workman jumpsuit.  You've just got 190 to get to Survivor.  And apparently the Survivors wear anything they want to - a Hurley tie-dye, for instance.

Offline Lion of Atreides

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2008, 04:50:36 PM »
I don't think Annie's on the boat.  My guess is she took over Vicki's job on The Love Boat.