Author Topic: Oceanic phone number  (Read 5457 times)

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Oceanic phone number
« on: February 07, 2008, 11:26:43 PM »
did anyone else call the number that was put on the screen in the pilots flash back? its 1-888-548-0034. I called it and got a recording of a woman saying that the investigation was still pending and that if you were a friend or family member, they are sorry for your loss. I dont know if this number was already released for the find815.com stuff, if it was sorry for going over something you already know.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Oceanic phone number
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 11:27:54 PM »
I never even thought of doing that! Nice job

Offline Creflo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 11:30:06 PM »
Called it.  More later, I bet.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 12:06:56 AM »
Wonder if the "supervisor" was the same guy that was debriefing Naomi and at Santa Rosa?

Offline AussieDave

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 12:51:27 AM »
Called it as well - I was actually expecting it be some sort of Oceanic message, as part of the "reality" the shows creators have built. Very nicely done.....although my wife laughed at me - said it would be busy with all the other Lost Diehard "Nerds" like me calling it - all part of the fun!

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 12:56:43 AM »
i was thinking the same thing about it being busy, also did anyone else hear the wierd beeps at the end of the call after the message finished.

probably nothing, but it seemed wierd to me.

Offline ActivityGrrrl

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 06:21:28 AM »
I just called twice and heard the message but no beeps I'd associate with it, and I stayed on the line for quite a while after the end of the message. 

Eventually I did get the standard three-tone disconnect tone and message.  ("Your call did not go through.  Please try your call again.  One-two-eight-T.")  That's totally standard at the end of an automated recorded message like that.  It repeated once, and then the call was completely disconnected and replaced with a busy signal.  (The 'code' is just a number assigned to identify the message, like when you get a 'circuits busy' message followed by a number when calling a cell phone.)

Offline nejsitsol

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 10:36:13 AM »
I didn't even think about it last night- but called and listened to the recording this morning.  COOOOOOOL!

Offline Alvarandthechipmunks

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 10:39:58 AM »
hey, I just called, and at the end of the message, it gave 2 Doctors' names. Couldn't catch them, one sounded like "Doc Vader". Anyone know the Dr. names?

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 12:44:49 PM »
i called it and actually spoke to someone, she asked if i had any members on the plane, i told her Anna Lucia trying to get a chuckle out of her, she put me on hold and never came back

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 02:08:28 PM »
i called it and actually spoke to someone, she asked if i had any members on the plane, i told her Anna Lucia trying to get a chuckle out of her, she put me on hold and never came back

Either you're teasing us, or someone on the other end is getting their kicks by picking up once in a while and putting people on hold for God knows how long!  How long did you wait?  Be honest!  ;D

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 02:33:54 PM »

Either you're teasing us, or someone on the other end is getting their kicks by picking up once in a while and putting people on hold for God knows how long!  How long did you wait?  Be honest!  ;D

definitely not teasing, i hung up when my mother called me lol, we had something important to discuss

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2008, 05:32:47 PM »
You people are crazy.

(says the girl with 53 days logged on this site ::) )

Offline Wishbone

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2008, 06:09:47 PM »
I can't call it from uk :(

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2008, 06:11:19 PM »
I can't call it from uk :(