Author Topic: Mrs. Gardner's House= Eko  (Read 4844 times)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Mrs. Gardner's House= Eko
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 11:53:30 AM »
My memory is failing me, were yemmy and eko orphans?

Even if they weren't. Eko turned to drug trading and thugging, I am not sure he would take the time to send his grandmother a picture.  And if it was eko's grandmother, why wouldn't she try to bring them to the U.S.
maybe she "adopted" them in one of those commercials with sally struthers on it.  you know the ones, "adopt a starving kid in africa, they'll send you letters and pictures, etc."

Offline Savior

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 11:56:17 AM »
now that is a possibility  :D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 11:35:23 PM by Savior »

Offline champaigndawg

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 11:33:43 PM »
They are similar, but the lips, forehead, hairline, all are different.  Clearly not the same person.  It was wierd how the camera paused on the picture though.  Even wierder is the picture frames changing - I didn't notice that but saw it being talked about in some of the screen caps. 

Offline Lostfanchrim

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2008, 05:57:12 PM »
I know this is posted in screen caps already but, I just wanted to tell you all that if you go to Google Images and type in Eko as a boy, there is a shot of younk Eko holding a gun on someone. In that shot Eko is wearing a green shirt with a yellow collar just like the one the boy in the pictures is wearing in the screen caps posted here.

I know, I have too much time on my hands.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2008, 06:25:07 PM »
It really looks like it's him. Too much resemblance to be a coincidence. Him or a close relative, I think.

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2008, 07:36:01 PM »
Plus the heroin, the death of the kid, and the resurrection poster.  It was Echo back in another reality.  Ooooohhhhh.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2008, 08:24:11 PM »
Looked like him to me too.  It could be something as simple as Mrs. G. used to be a Catholic Missionary.  The intentional camera shift to it is important.  They wanted us to see it, unlike some of the hidden easter eggs.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2008, 11:04:08 AM »
Looked like him to me too.  It could be something as simple as Mrs. G. used to be a Catholic Missionary.  The intentional camera shift to it is important.  They wanted us to see it, unlike some of the hidden easter eggs.
they definitely wanted us to see it since they had the same pic what like 4 times?

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2008, 05:54:34 PM »
Why couldn't it be relations of Michael & Walt? A brother of Michael?

It's funny to me that everyone is thinking Eko.  I was totally thinking the house was that of Michael's mother whom he called from the airport to ask if she would raise Walt for him.  The whole scene struck me as "what happened to her since she told Michael no."  Walt is lost, Michael is back, a drug addict, and murdered - and hence in a casket in a funeral parlor with no one but Jack visiting him.

And here's the thing that is KILLING me - Harold Perrineau was CLEARLY listed as a cast member for the episode.  IMDB him, there is his name listed in the episode.  I kept waiting for him to show up.  I decided he did - he was the ghost talking to Miles.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2008, 05:57:30 PM »
Harlod is a regular again, so I think all of the regulars are listed on each episode, even if they do not appear.

Interesting theory, but why would they be announcing the finding of 815 on the guys radio right before he enters. Plus how is Harlod a regular if he is dead! That can't work!

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2008, 06:07:49 PM »
Harlod is a regular again, so I think all of the regulars are listed on each episode, even if they do not appear.

Interesting theory, but why would they be announcing the finding of 815 on the guys radio right before he enters. Plus how is Harlod a regular if he is dead! That can't work!

Check out the IMDB link http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0674782/filmoseries#tt0411008- he is clearly listed as "credit only" for episode one, and I am nigh unto certain that his name was not listed in the opening credits.  But for this episode he is listed as a working actor.  IMDB doesn't have anything to gain or lose by listing him - it is a industry tool for keeping track of work.

And um, he's a regular, and dead, because the show is about parallel universes, dear.  ;) Or the ghostbusting scene was a flashforward....

Offline cbw420

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2008, 06:14:24 PM »

Check out the IMDB link http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0674782/filmoseries#tt0411008- he is clearly listed as "credit only" for episode one, and I am nigh unto certain that his name was not listed in the opening credits.  But for this episode he is listed as a working actor.  IMDB doesn't have anything to gain or lose by listing him - it is a industry tool for keeping track of work.

And um, he's a regular, and dead, because the show is about parallel universes, dear.  ;) Or the ghostbusting scene was a flashforward....

i also think it was michael lol

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2008, 06:25:57 PM »

i also think it was michael lol

Jug's right - Perrineau is listed in ep one, as are the 4 who arrive in 4x02 - but they also in IMDB are listed as credit only.  Harold acted in 4x02 - since we didn't see him, I'm assuming we "heard" his voice.  Or he has been turned into a red bull.  :P

Offline Roman122

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2008, 08:26:21 PM »
OMG. this is so weird, sorry if this is old news, and if it is, please move this thread, but this was brought to my attention and I watched it, so here goes.

When Miles gets to Ms Gardiner's house, take a look at the frame around the picture of the boy. its brown with and old looking rope around the edge ("frame 2 downstairs" in the investigations). Then Miles goes upstairs to do his "ghostbusting" thing and when he comes back down and says, "yes, he's at peace now" he looks at the wall with the SAME picture on it, and the picture is in a different frame! it looks newer and more modern. almost like he did it himself and was checking to make sure the frame changed. did he change time somehow? I dont know what to make of this, but I'd really like the help the people who's feedback I'v come to know and love.

Thanks all, in advance....

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2008, 08:52:56 PM »
It was kind of discussed in another thread...and it's in the pics in the investigations section...it is really odd...it seems to be an important thing...we just don't know yet...