1 (1.5%)
1 (1.5%)
0 (0%)
1 (1.5%)
1 (Worst)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Voting closed: February 14, 2008, 11:40:38 AM

Author Topic: Episode 4x02 Rating  (Read 11563 times)

Offline Point Place WI

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 4x02 Rating
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 11:54:07 PM »
I gave it a "2"

It was so choppy....so misguided.  I want Sayid to torture Miles.  That's what I call whining people.  Our friend Locke leading his group based and cough cough "Tall Ghost Walt" come on.  (Like Amp'd Energy Drinks moto: "Wake up people!" 

I guess Tall Ghost Walt also had some silly pudy to stop those bullet holes from external bleeding.  Put your shirt back on Locke your still a farmer in my book. 

Ok, So why send a Ghostbuster, Anthropologist, Pilot, and whatever else to get some leader of the natives named Ben Linus.  Whomever is backing the freighter should have Sent a team trained for kidnapping.  It's not like they were lacking funds with expensive satellite phones.   Addann or whatever your name is.  Naomi was the weakest link goodbye. 

Corny line "What's the monster?" by John.  Ben doesn't even know or reply lame.
What was the point of that line?

Contradictions....Sawyer wants to kill Ben...Locke says: No not in front of his daughter.  (Sawyer thinks oh I saw my parents get killed ok I won't shoot him)

Ben shoots Drop-ie chick.  Locke is like ok it's on we are killing Ben. But manipulator is safe for now.   

Show some balls the fricken Cow did!!!!

Wish I would have picked one instead. 

Use the Damn satellite phone and get on with this milked out story of rescue. 
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 11:57:21 PM by Point Place WI »

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2008, 01:10:22 AM »
Tell us how you really feel. ::) ;D

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2008, 01:10:58 PM »
This episode was crazy good!  My head hurts! By the time I will be able to speculate on Monday there will be so many threads to read lol.  Yes, it was different, but a shift was needed to get us to the end of the story.

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2008, 12:25:00 AM »
I gave it an 8.  I really like that they are going somewhere with the episodes.  At least it seems like there is plenty going on.  I like that they unearthed the polar bear.  I like that the pilot noticed the lack of wedding ring.  I am pleased so far with Season 4.  It is so much better than the start of Season 3.

Offline lostonlocke

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2008, 03:54:01 PM »
9. I thought it was very good. I got so engrossed in it, I couldn't believe it was over. It didn't feel like an hour. I can gage an episode by the number of instant messages I get the next day at work.  If it starts lighting up as soon as I sign on it was a good one; and this one was a good one.   The new characters are very interesting.  I agree it might have been nice to have had a flashback for Danielle.  I believe that the flashbacks are only scratching the surface on these characters.  Now that the strike is over I hope they will be able to gives at least 6 more episodes and maybe expand the next season to incorporate the ones missing from this season

Offline DIZZYBECKSTER

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 05:25:38 AM »
i gave 8, loved it - left me hungry for more... and I heartily recommend going spoiler free - it made this episode so much better - I got the WOW factor back - you know what... I didn't even read the episode synopsis(?) where it loosley described what's coming next week....

try it - it's worth it!

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2008, 06:04:27 PM »
I gave 4x02 a 9.  I absolutely loved it.  When we started watching it, my husband wanted to pause it and question minutiae - and I said, let's just watch it for pure entertainment - it's got to pass that test first.  I could not believe how much I laughed at it!  It was genuinely funny!  That's not to blow away all the fabulous speculating about it - but it had such a rich sense of humor about it.  Which new character was better - the egghead physicist in A SHIRT AND TIE? (When's cocktail hour on the island, anyway?), the giddy archaeologist (How happy could she be not just to be alive - but to be there, on the island?), the ornery ghostbuster with a big mouth, or the drunk pilot blessed with a vision of the Flame bull? 

If our people are going to get off the island the way they got on it, they deserve this ragtag bunch.  It felt like such a nod to Leia's rescue in Star Wars - they even gave Farraday Luke's line.  The thing I like about how fresh these characters seem is that they just might have the stuff to get rid of Ben AND do something to benefit, not exploit the island.

Goood stuff.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2008, 10:31:08 PM »

cows dont have balls, bulls do.

Offline Point Place WI

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2008, 01:41:05 AM »

AHa you are wrong my friend.......That was a Hermaphrodite!!!

Actually Bulls also have horns and I don't see any on that meaty steak

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2008, 10:50:43 AM »
I gave it a 7. Liked that it moved the story along some, but I did find it choppy.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2008, 10:54:54 AM »

AHa you are wrong my friend.......That was a Hermaphrodite!!!

Actually Bulls also have horns and I don't see any on that meaty steak
not all bulls have horns.

sidenote:  even my husband liked the show!  it is becoming a show that HE watches, not just one he watches with me.  he wasn't home on thursday, so i watched it alone.  well, he actually watched it later that night after he got home.  lol.  he's coming to the dark side!

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2008, 04:48:44 PM »
I gave it a 9.  it was a bit choppy, but they had to squeeze in 4 quick flashbacks of very different characters and i think they did an amazing job of that.  many good questions from this episode, you can really feel the awesomeness building up!  i think some of the new characters fit into too much of a 'form'...but lets see that expand in these coming episodes.  anyhow.  i liked it way better than the last one.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2008, 04:54:53 PM »
There were a lot of new questions from this ep. I think that is what bugged me. After the show I felt farther from the answers instead of closer!! I found that frustrating. They said the first 8 are filled with questions and the next 8 solve them(some of them) I guess there will be more questions coming.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2008, 05:05:03 PM »
There were a lot of new questions from this ep. I think that is what bugged me. After the show I felt farther from the answers instead of closer!! I found that frustrating. They said the first 8 are filled with questions and the next 8 solve them(some of them) I guess there will be more questions coming.
i'm ready for more answers.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2008, 05:45:01 PM »
I thought the question of who is coming to rescue them was at least adequately addressed in showing the 4 and Naomi's motivation and connection to Abbadon.  It would be ridiculous if they kept stringing along who is on the boat.  Granted, there's more to tell, but they fit as much storytelling into that episode as one 42 minute segment could hold!