Author Topic: Have we had a sneaky flashforward already?  (Read 2071 times)

Offline andydrew

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Have we had a sneaky flashforward already?
« on: February 04, 2008, 09:53:41 AM »
Hi, long time reader, first time poster, etc etc.

Remember that flashback from an earlier season when Libby was in the mental institution staring at Hurley?

What if that was actually a teaser flashforward?

After S4.1, we establish that Hurley is off the island, in the home again, and can see dead islanders.

I don't have access to the episode when Libby appears in the mental home, so can't check, but isn't it possible writers put in a sneaky flashforward early on?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Have we had a sneaky flashforward already?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 10:42:00 AM »
It is possible, but I think that was a flashback. If I remember it correctly, that was the same time Hurley was taking his picutre with dave. So that happened before the island.

Offline CastawayCayley

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 10:47:08 AM »
Also, the nurse gives her pills and calls her by name, so she wasn't invisible or just a vision.

Offline andydrew

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 11:34:17 AM »
Ah well, thanks for setting me straight. Curse my memory - I'll go back to clutching at straws ;)

Offline puff6962

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 11:26:54 PM »
I have often wondered if some of Locke's experiences were forwards....particularly when he was a home inspector....or were a mixture of realities.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 11:33:12 AM »
I have often wondered if some of Locke's experiences were forwards....particularly when he was a home inspector....or were a mixture of realities.
were you watching the same episode i was?  locke looked 10-15 years YOUNGER and had HAIR!  flashback.

Offline Sweet Old Lady

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 09:56:46 PM »
were you watching the same episode i was?  locke looked 10-15 years YOUNGER and had HAIR!  flashback.
And Cooper was still alive.  So it was before Sawyer killed Cooper on the island.

Offline thebeann

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 05:44:26 PM »
Now you are all talking crazy.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 05:45:00 PM »
Now you are all talking crazy.
when are we not talking crazy?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 09:17:48 PM »
Hi, long time reader, first time poster, etc etc.

Remember that flashback from an earlier season when Libby was in the mental institution staring at Hurley?

What if that was actually a teaser flashforward?

After S4.1, we establish that Hurley is off the island, in the home again, and can see dead islanders.

I don't have access to the episode when Libby appears in the mental home, so can't check, but isn't it possible writers put in a sneaky flashforward early on?
Libby is dead, so I'm guessing it's a flashback, not forward.

Blackrock Bob

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 08:36:14 AM »
Charlie can appear to Hurley as dead, but there. I think so can certain people that died can appear to certain people off island.
While I think that it is more of the island's (or Jacob's) doing, I think we'll see Libby again and not in a flashback.
If we do see her in a flashback, who's would it be? Unless we get another Hurley flashback where he remembers back to his earlier stay at the mental hospital or Desmond flashes back to the day Libby gave him the boat, we are probably done with her connections. If someone else knew her, it couldn't be anyone on 815.

Sure they could do an on island flashback for Cindy, or the kids, but I don't think that will happen.

I hope that Libby haunts Michael and forces him to atone for her murder.
Charlie visted Hugo.
I bet Christian visits Jack. Christian has already been haunting Jack on the Island.
Sayid might get visited by Shannon.
Kate might get visited by Claire. If Claire is dead.

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 11:59:16 AM »
Also, the nurse gives her pills and calls her by name, so she wasn't invisible or just a vision.

....of course, one of Hurley fellow inmates also saw Charlie so what if the nurse wasn't a nurse, but an inmate passing out M&M's?  ;D

I hope that Libby haunts Michael and forces him to atone for her murder.

we haven't had one yet, but how about a "Christmas special" - Michael is visited by the three ghosts of DHARMA - Libby as the Ghost of DHARMA Flashback, Tom as the Ghost of DHARMA Present and Ana as the Ghost of DHARMA Flashforward....or would that really be jumping the shark?  ;) :D

Offline Staggerlee

• In the Loop
  • Karma does not announce itself, it just happens.
    • View Profile
    • In Praise of Shadows
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 07:50:07 PM »
Shannon coming back for a haunt sounds like a good idea to me, that one really pissed me off...that was a good (albeit somewhat predictable) character arc, snide stuck up chick to gettin' it on with a former Republican Guard...

Libby gettin' justice on Mikey would be good too, as long as they give the actress a driver while she's there filming....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-Kruger_effect
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 11:51:24 AM by Staggerlee »
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.

F. Bacon