4 (5.3%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (Worst)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Voting closed: February 07, 2008, 02:42:43 PM

Author Topic: Episode 4x01 Rating  (Read 10091 times)

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 4x01 Rating
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2008, 04:40:22 PM »
I'm sorry.  I had to give it an 8.  It was more of a getting back together...launch point episode than a real earth shatterer for me.  Though Naomi coming back, Jack pulling the trigger, seeing Charlie were all great things...it just wasn't as focused as I hope next epi will be.  Excellent job of giving us a good starting point though.  We even got to see a frieghter person!  (albeit one with a disturbingly skinny neck...)

I did the same and I agree, more a stage setter than earth mover.

Jack's "I'm gonna kill Ben, no Tom, no Locke" is getting old and I still haven't figured out the point of bringing Naomi back to life unless the "love to sister" line is important either as code or as to who her sister is.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2008, 06:18:20 PM »
I'm giving it a 9 because it was so superb,  but I'm holding out a 10 for when they smash us with the clincher.  I LOVED Locke hanging out in Jacob's cabin with Christian.  What does Jacob keep in his cooler?  The boys like it!

Offline Halsfire

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2008, 08:26:40 PM »
7 for me. Definantly not the strongest premier of any season and was really only what we know about already/saw coming. Some very interesting flash forewards. A little too many unknowns, though, for a season opener.

Offline lostatsea

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2008, 09:50:04 PM »
I rated a six only because as usual they left me with more questions and more confused than I was before. I want answers and NO MORE questions! ;)

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2008, 09:55:43 PM »
I rated a six only because as usual they left me with more questions and more confused than I was before. I want answers and NO MORE questions! ;)

Best wait 3+ years and then watch 48 shows all in one sitting.  :D

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2008, 03:14:03 PM »
8 here.  I'm with DMM & LAS. It seemed to be just a preface...not even a full chapter.  It FLEW by, & I can't believe that was ONE of our only 8 shows this season! :'( 

I keep thinking about last season, though.  Those 1st 6 shows seemed soooo slooow over the course of 6 weeks, but I like them much more now that I can view them as a whole.

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2008, 03:45:13 PM »
Yeah, if I knew this was 1/16th of the season I'd like it better than if it's 1/8th.  :(

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2008, 08:01:51 PM »
i voted 5.....not the best, not the worst.  i didn't think it gave us all that much (although I say that because I read a bunch of spoilers.....maybe my vote shouldn't count)

Offline sauget.diblosio

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2008, 10:03:31 PM »
thought it was a really good, emotional start for the season-- but, like someone said above, more a stage-setter than mind-blower.

it was just missing that something extra, like the other's point of view of the crash in season 3, or the discovery of desmond in the hatch in season 2.  this episode seemed like a 2nd episode, not a premier.

but still, lots of great stuff, good flash forward, some new stuff to think about, and some really heartfelt acting by jorge garcia.

9/10.

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2008, 01:45:33 AM »
I gave it a 9, too.  I love Hurley episodes.  I thought this was a good opener, actually.  It set the stage for Season 4.  What are we looking at?  We are looking at a division and an even murkier view of who is good and bad.  I like that now I get to wonder how Hurley got off the island if he went with Locke.  I like that I get to wonder who the six were that got off the island (Jack + Kate + Hurley + ? + ? + ?).  I like that Charlie is still dead but that I got to see him in a flash forward.  Charlie lives on!

(And so does Kelvin.  ;D )

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2008, 01:47:52 AM »
I gave it an 8. A strong 8, like maybe a 8.5?? Lot of it was spent catching the losties up on stuff we already knew from last season. Glad everyone was in it. Thought Hurley was awesome!! Great acting.

The jack pulling the trigger was a little to far fetched for me. Dude take him home and tell the authorities. You believe you are getting saved.

Offline KateReallyLovesJack

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2008, 02:25:10 AM »
I very much agree Juggy
I gave it a 9 and the ONLY reason it wasn't a 10 for me, was because Jack was actually going to kill Locke.
That's what I said too - does the consequences not pass through his mind at all? I know Jack isn't known on the show for being all that rational, but he believes that they are 6 hours away from being saved... attempting murder at that moment is a bit too much for me... really swayed a few solid ideas I had of Jack... I'm not too impressed with it all.

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2008, 02:36:40 AM »
KRLJ - Come to the right side -- the side that knows that Jack is really annoying.  :)

Offline E-Rich

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2008, 04:52:30 PM »
I very much agree Juggy
I gave it a 9 and the ONLY reason it wasn't a 10 for me, was because Jack was actually going to kill Locke.
That's what I said too - does the consequences not pass through his mind at all? I know Jack isn't known on the show for being all that rational, but he believes that they are 6 hours away from being saved... attempting murder at that moment is a bit too much for me... really swayed a few solid ideas I had of Jack... I'm not too impressed with it all.

In Jack's defense, he has been living in a place where consequences aren't really the same as they are at "home".  His whole mindset has changed....

I didn't think it was all that far fetched at all....he told someone (can't remember who) that he would kill Locke if he got in the way again....I wanna say it was in Through the Looking Glass part 2....

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2008, 06:01:49 PM »
Yeah, I am still reeling from how low Jack has sunk.  But you know, that scene was even more about Locke being ready for him - "It's not loaded."  Locke knows anger and that it can kill ya - he sees it in Jack and knows he's the target.  I loved him being ready for Jack's fury. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 03:25:17 PM by Laklost »