Poll

Thoughts?

Loved it, useful information!
10 (66.7%)
Liked it alot, interesting missing piece.
5 (33.3%)
It was OK, nice to see familiar faces.
0 (0%)
Disappointed, same old ****!
0 (0%)
Hated it, three minutes I'll never get back!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Mobisode 13 - So it begins - poll  (Read 31047 times)

Blackrock Bob

Re: Mobisode 13 - So it begins - poll
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008, 05:54:56 PM »
Sorry, producers were very matter of fact with Christian. He is dead.
I disagree Juggy!  ;)

After we get more information, we'll see. For now, I am certain that what we think we know, it's what is going on.
This isn't the right forum for spoiler speculation, when I have time, I'll put one up to discuss Christian.

Offline LostAndSeek

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2008, 07:54:58 PM »
That's a Christian ghost/incarnation/smokey, not the real thing.

I think this is leading up to the mystery of how Jack ended up so far away from the other Losties at the beginning.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2008, 09:08:38 PM »
I liked it. But Christian is not alive. It was smokie!!

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2008, 09:09:23 PM »
I had to say jus....WoW...when i saw this one...even if it was minus kate...

Besides the fact of what the producers have said...the mystery was no one saw Christian dead...so the belief was he could still be alive...BUT, we know for a fact Ben's mom died at birth...but yet we saw her when Ben was a child...so we can conclude that some how, the island or one of its machines is able to manifest an image/spirit/person from a desired person on island.
Just thought i'd restate that...lol...

Still was a wow mobisode...2 thumbs up....;D

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 11:40:23 AM »
I had to say jus....WoW...when i saw this one...even if it was minus kate...

I actually said, "Wow" out loud after I saw this one (a co-worker sitting nearby now thinks I'm nuts!  :-\ )  Also, I completely forgot about the missing Kate shower scene I was hoping for!

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2008, 11:43:20 PM »
EITHER way, whether dead or not, this is ONE crazy Mobisode.  If he is alive then there is something HUGE going on that we have no CLUE about, if he is DEAD, then this island will go out of it's way to do anything.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 07:41:32 PM »
EITHER way, whether dead or not, this is ONE crazy Mobisode.  If he is alive then there is something HUGE going on that we have no CLUE about, if he is DEAD, then this island will go out of it's way to do anything.

Hi, Ed!!!  What you said is the truth.  There IS something HUGE going on that we don't yet understand.  And the island will DO ANYTHING to do its thing.  Whoo hoooooo!!!

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008, 07:52:40 PM »
HI How are you?  I love this show, I am thinking about skipping work friday just to re watch the show 47 times.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2008, 05:14:32 AM »
Perfect timing for this mobisode leading into the season premiere with Jacob's cabin.  "So It Begins."  So what begins?  The rampant speculation or is something really major on the horizon?

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2008, 10:10:58 AM »
Well, all of Lost was beginning, wasn't it?

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2008, 06:26:08 PM »
HI How are you?  I love this show, I am thinking about skipping work friday just to re watch the show 47 times.

So, didja?!?  47 times might just be enough to wrap your head around it.  I need to watch it again asap!

I think what is near its end is the chances of the island surviving.  One of my favorite lines from Season One was Sawyer saying to Kate, "It gives me great pleasure thinking that someday this will all be a really nice shopping complex" - or something very near that.  Now that I'm beginning to realize how important and powerful the island is, I can't imagine anything worse than the island being turned into anything for modern life.  I don't want the Sinister Corporation exploiting the island for profit.  I don't want Ben taking it over for his ego needs.  I want Jacob to get the help he needs.  I think what is beginning-- the Losties involvement in something bigger than themselves.  Rescue is right there, but it is an ambiguous choice - get away and back to the real world, or stay and do something new and really beyond your own abilities.  The first round of choices was made in 4x01 - who will stay, who will go.  There will be other choices - each one more consequential than the last.

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2008, 11:22:15 PM »

So, didja?!?  47 times might just be enough to wrap your head around it.  I need to watch it again asap!

I think what is near its end is the chances of the island surviving.  One of my favorite lines from Season One was Sawyer saying to Kate, "It gives me great pleasure thinking that someday this will all be a really nice shopping complex" - or something very near that.  Now that I'm beginning to realize how important and powerful the island is, I can't imagine anything worse than the island being turned into anything for modern life.  I don't want the Sinister Corporation exploiting the island for profit.  I don't want Ben taking it over for his ego needs.  I want Jacob to get the help he needs.  I think what is beginning-- the Losties involvement in something bigger than themselves.  Rescue is right there, but it is an ambiguous choice - get away and back to the real world, or stay and do something new and really beyond your own abilities.  The first round of choices was made in 4x01 - who will stay, who will go.  There will be other choices - each one more consequential than the last.

No, only 37, but I agree with you, it seems a hard choice to go back to the life that has to seem forever ago, or stay and maybe make a difference that not too many people in history have had the chance to make. 

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2008, 09:49:00 PM »
Id doesn't make sense for Cristian to appear to the dog or to Hurley as Jacob, because he has nothing in common with them. Therefore, I think that he might be alive, or at least ressurected by the island, maybe even posessed. But I don't think he's just another incarnation of whatever, because the other ones (horse, Emi, Hurley;s invisible buddy) were only seen by the relevant people.

Plus, what is the point of communicating with the dog? Why does a figment of your imagination need to "find" you??? I believe that Christian is flesh and bone, or sort of.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2008, 12:42:55 AM »
Id doesn't make sense for Cristian to appear to the dog or to Hurley as Jacob, because he has nothing in common with them. Therefore, I think that he might be alive, or at least ressurected by the island, maybe even posessed. But I don't think he's just another incarnation of whatever, because the other ones (horse, Emi, Hurley;s invisible buddy) were only seen by the relevant people.

Plus, what is the point of communicating with the dog? Why does a figment of your imagination need to "find" you??? I believe that Christian is flesh and bone, or sort of.

About your first statement, I don't agree because Sawyer saw Kates horse, Locke saw Yemi, Sayid saw Walt with Shannon.

Second statement, you're right, what was the sense of telling a dog to go to Jack?  Then Jack wakes up on his own in time to see Vincent run up and then away.  I think this whole scene was a set up for the cabin sighting.  Or maybe it was just to bust our chops and keep the Christian is alive/dead camps at battle for a while longer!  >:(

Offline LostAndSeek

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2008, 12:50:29 AM »
I think it was to show us that the Christian apparition is real, since another character (even if it was a dog) saw and interacted with it. Is this the first time we heard this "Christian" speak?

I also kinda think they wanted to remind us that there's a mystery concerning Jack's landing so far from the plane....